Good pub

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Good pub

Postby gwentbluebirds » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:11 am

Where's everyone going before game. If I catch the train down (like today) we usually head into Canton. And as much as I like it no pubs seem to be really singing and bouncing like it used to be. Any suggestions to any pubs with really good atmosphere?
gwentbluebirds

Good pub

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Good pub

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:36 am

gwentbluebirds wrote:Where's everyone going before game. If I catch the train down (like today) we usually head into Canton. And as much as I like it no pubs seem to be really singing and bouncing like it used to be. Any suggestions to any pubs with really good atmosphere?

Nothing like that now in Canton/Grangetown in my experience mate.
Just away days!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby gwentbluebirds » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:49 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
gwentbluebirds wrote:Where's everyone going before game. If I catch the train down (like today) we usually head into Canton. And as much as I like it no pubs seem to be really singing and bouncing like it used to be. Any suggestions to any pubs with really good atmosphere?

Nothing like that now in Canton/Grangetown in my experience mate.
Just away days!

That's what I thought mate. Just wondering if I was missing something :thumbup: couple of pints and watch the watford game then before ours :ayatollah:
gwentbluebirds

Postby TERRYB » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:44 am

Only place I can remember where we had singing and it was bouncing pre and post match mate was The Canton Sports bar which is closed now.
TERRYB

Postby nubbsy » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:59 am

Take a walk over to the Cornwall in grangetown mate. Brains pub and they do a very nice pint!

Can't promise singing but depends on the day I think!

We're starting in the prince of Wales in town and then either going to the Cornwall or canton, welcome to join us!
nubbsy

Postby stephendavid » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:17 am

Good luck with that the pow is closed for a year
stephendavid

Postby gwentbluebirds » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:49 pm

nubbsy wrote:Take a walk over to the Cornwall in grangetown mate. Brains pub and they do a very nice pint!

Can't promise singing but depends on the day I think!

We're starting in the prince of Wales in town and then either going to the Cornwall or canton, welcome to join us!

Only just seen it jack would of been over earlier had I looked. My bad :shock:
gwentbluebirds

Postby City1983 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:19 pm

Canton Hotel is a good craic...
City1983

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:43 am

We normally have a singalong in the Canton Hotel.
103 Barmy Army

Return to General Chat