Gunnarsson

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gunnarsson

Postby blueb1rd97 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:15 am

Think it is underestimated how important he is for us. He went unnoticed yesterday but quietly went about his business disrupting their play and protecting the back four, keeps it simple in attack as well and has energy to burn.

Never been his biggest fan until Warnock came in but without him now I don't think we'd be half as good. Leader :ayatollah:
blueb1rd97

Gunnarsson

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Gunnarsson

Postby paulh_85 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:42 am

i dont think anyone under estimates it at all i just think there were more players who stood out saturday. even joe ralls was magnificent.

Gunnersson will be the solid dependable player we need when ralls is back to being shit lol
paulh_85

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:54 am

As a fan base we need to identify with someone and Gunnars attitude has connected with us. I still think he is limited and not especially a defensive midfielder, he has just bulked up too much and has lost the mobility to do the same job as Ralls or Demour.

I think he comes more into his own in the winter months when the ground takes the pace out the game a bit.

I think his position would be in doubt if we could get someone in with a bit more technical ability but the same dog. But, they don't grow on trees.

We do need his contract sorted out though.
llan bluebird

Postby valleyrambill » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:55 am

Have to agree Gunnarsson has been criticised in the past very unfairly in my view remember he plays well under decent managers played well under Malky I know people do not like Malky but he had the team playing hard and well together and then Gunnarsson under Warnock is our midfield he can attack score a good goal now and again but his defensive play is top level.

Just proves when you have a good manager we have a chance but we had olie Slade & Trollop :banghead:
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby City Slicker » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:02 pm

valleyrambill wrote:Have to agree Gunnarsson has been criticised in the past very unfairly in my view remember he plays well under decent managers played well under Malky I know people do not like Malky but he had the team playing hard and well together and then Gunnarsson under Warnock is our midfield he can attack score a good goal now and again but his defensive play is top level.

Just proves when you have a good manager we have a chance but we had olie Slade & Trollop :banghead:

Remember he had the misfortune of playing regularly with Whittingham too and that damaged his game because he had to do so much babysitting. Warnock has brought out the real Gunnar and with the quality we now have in the team such as NML, Damour and Tomlin I can see him getting better and better. He's indispensable and captain material without a doubt.
City Slicker

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:26 pm

When bottom of the league Blackpool beat us 1-0 a few seasons ago, Gunnarsson was the only player with the balls to walk over to us and apologise for our performance. I was saddened 95% of our fans hurled abuse at him, you could see how much he cares and how genuinely hurt he was. From that point onwards, Gunnarsson has been my favourite City player. He will never let us down and we are always a much poorer team without Gunnarsson on the pitch.
Tonteg Bluebird

Return to General Chat