VINCENT TAN:"ITS A BUSINESS,IF SOMEONE OFFERS RIGHT PRICE"

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:44 pm

Vincent Tan spells out his position on the issue of selling Cardiff City as he attends brilliant win against Aston Villa

Saturday 12th August 2017

By Chris Wathan

The Malaysian owner turned up at the stadium for the first time in two seasons and spoke in the Bluebirds boardroom

Vincent Tan broke his Cardiff City exile for the superb 3-0 victory against Aston Villa and publicly declared his commitment to the Bluebirds under Neil Warnock, denying he wants to sell the club.

Tan was at Cardiff City Stadium to watch Warnock's side make a significant statement against promotion favourites Aston Villa – the first time he has attended a Bluebirds game at the ground in two seasons.

The Malaysian owner's absence has prompted questions over his continued backing, while there have been reports claiming Tan has been seeking to cash-in on the club he took over in May 2010.

Cardiff City Owner Vincent Tan at the Aston Villa game
And last month there was further speculation over Tan's long-term commitment after details were leaked of a brochure that invited offers of investment.

But now, speaking publicly on the matter for the first time, he declared he wasn't looking for a way out – and set out his hopes for continued progress under veteran manager Warnock, who Tan insisted was doing 'a great job'.

Asked directly if he was actively looking to sell the club, Tan said: “No. I always say this: I have many businesses and you don’t fall in love with your businesses.

“If somebody offers the right price, yeah we’ll sell. People approach us and we have a look, we talk – but that doesn’t mean we’re selling. If the right offer comes, an offer we can’t refuse, sure we’ll sell. It’s business.”

Tan has not been at a Cardiff game in almost 18 months and has taken a far lower profile with the running of the club, with day-to-day matters handled by chief executive Ken Choo and chairman Mehmet Dalman.

But he has remained part of key decisions and is known to have struck up a good working relationship with Warnock since he was appointed as Paul Trollope's replacement 10 months ago.

And, speaking before the match from the Cardiff City Stadium boardroom, Tan added: “I have been very busy and not been here for a while, but I'm very happy to be here for the first home match and – God willing – I pray we win. We have good winning chances because we have a good manager who has made some good transfers.

“We supported him with the transfers but we have paid good value for money. Neil has done a great job. They are reasonable transfers with support.”

For the full Tan interview, visit WalesOnline tomorrow.
Attachments
IMG_2309.JPG
IMG_2309.JPG (49.69 KiB) Viewed 2786 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: VINCENT TAN:"ITS A BUSINESS,IF SOMEONE OFFERS RIGHT PRIC

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:14 am

The Malaysian tycoon denied rumours that he was actively seeking to sell the football club.

BBC

Sunday 13th August 2017

The club owner, however, said he would entertain offers and would only sell at the right price.

“"People approach us and we have a look, we talk. But that doesn't mean we're selling.

"If the right offer comes, an offer we can't refuse, sure we'll sell. It's business," he told the BBC.

Tan had not attended any of Cardiff City’s home games in the last two campaigns, which raised speculation that he was no longer interested in the football club.

He did, however, watch the Cardiff-Aston Villa game on Saturday.

Cardiff beat Aston Villa 3-0. Tan was spotted wearing the club's blue jersey with the slogan "Visit Malaysia".

It was reported that Tan was looking to sell the club in July after a brochure for prospective buyers by a London-based private investment company owned by the club’s chairman highlighted the opportunities for investors to acquire it.

Tan’s tenure as the club’s owner has been controversial, particularly in regards to his attempt to change the team’s home colours from its traditional blue to red, according to BBC.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:15 am

The Malaysian tycoon denied rumours that he was actively seeking to sell the football club.

BBC

Sunday 13th August 2017

The club owner, however, said he would entertain offers and would only sell at the right price.

“"People approach us and we have a look, we talk. But that doesn't mean we're selling.

"If the right offer comes, an offer we can't refuse, sure we'll sell. It's business," he told the BBC.

Tan had not attended any of Cardiff City’s home games in the last two campaigns, which raised speculation that he was no longer interested in the football club.

He did, however, watch the Cardiff-Aston Villa game on Saturday.

Cardiff beat Aston Villa 3-0. Tan was spotted wearing the club's blue jersey with the slogan "Visit Malaysia".

It was reported that Tan was looking to sell the club in July after a brochure for prospective buyers by a London-based private investment company owned by the club’s chairman highlighted the opportunities for investors to acquire it.

Tan’s tenure as the club’s owner has been controversial, particularly in regards to his attempt to change the team’s home colours from its traditional blue to red, according to BBC.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby BobbyBlue » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:16 am

Sounds fair enough, he's right if someone comes in with a good offer on any business it will be considered.
BobbyBlue

Postby Wayne S » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:23 am

Remember Rick Wright buying the club and putting it up for sale the next day? :lol:

At least we know where where we stand.
Wayne S

Postby norms76 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:15 pm

Still not happy with Malky over the A-Corn deal, slaughtered him again in the full interview. I've posted what he's said about Malky below.

WOL- What are your hopes for the club for the short-term, medium-term and future?
VT- “Of course, for each of us, the goal is to get us back to the Premier League. It was unfortunate that we only stayed in the Premier for one season.

I always say, and I have told chairman Mehmet Dalman the same, the reason we didn’t stay in the Premier League is that we spent a lot of money there – I think it was £50m.

What did we get? We paid £10.5m for Cornelius who didn’t even play 45 minutes and then the manager (Malky Mackay) said he was a project.

I’m in the Premier League, I need to survive and he said it was a project!”

WOL- If Cardiff go up again are you confident it would be different under Warnock?
VT- “I think we have a very good chance to get promotion. We will try to be humble and we hope for good luck because that is important.

I think we are lucky, we got good luck, we have got Neil – thanks to Mehmet, because we could have got somebody terrible.

But we have got Neil, we are happy and if we get promoted I think we have a good chance of staying if we do things sensibly – provided we don’t spend £10m on a striker!

If you do that he must score 10 or 20 goals – last time we had one not even play 90 minutes and paid the highest salary in the club’s history. £45,0000 a week – I still can’t believe it even today.”

WOL - Coming back after two years, do you sense it is a different, more harmonious place?
VT- “Yeah, I think so. The fans should be together with us because we’re trying to do the right thing. We haven’t got a manager who will do the wrong thing – Neil is doing the right thing.

If Neil does the wrong thing then the atmosphere is not good, then the owner is upset, the manager is upset.

So if the manager does the right thing, we also do the right thing...we support when it is supportable. We cannot support someone who makes ridiculous decisions, stupid decisions, £10.5m and don’t even play him for 45 minutes, let alone 90 minutes.

If you pay £10.5m for a big striker you should play him 90 minutes, not 45 minutes, five minutes, 10 minutes.

He (Mackay) says finally he is a project. How come I’m in the Premier League and you’re finding time to do a project for the future?

What rubbish is that? And you pay £45,000 a week for a project? Rubbish!”
norms76

Postby BrightBlueFuture » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:14 pm

He's 100% right, but he doesn't need to vindicate his past decision regarding Mackay, as it's quite clear VT was right all along about him.

We need him to move on now, let's focus on all the good we're doing in the here and now and not reflect on the past.

If Tan is happy to run the club sensibly without paying huge sums for one player I'm actually very happy with that.
BrightBlueFuture

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:59 pm

BrightBlueFuture wrote:He's 100% right, but he doesn't need to vindicate his past decision regarding Mackay, as it's quite clear VT was right all along about him.

We need him to move on now, let's focus on all the good we're doing in the here and now and not reflect on the past.

If Tan is happy to run the club sensibly without paying huge sums for one player I'm actually very happy with that.

A lot of truth in what you've just said?

Some fans on here and in life say move on regarding Tan, forgive him etc
Yet Tan does not move at all regarding Malky.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby lockey1927 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:05 pm

Everything has its price but the way we are heading in this moment in time hes going nowhere.

Even my wife's for sale at the right price :)
lockey1927

Postby Charlie Harper » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
BrightBlueFuture wrote:He's 100% right, but he doesn't need to vindicate his past decision regarding Mackay, as it's quite clear VT was right all along about him.

Just imagine if some person had squandered £10M of your money, you would hold that grudge with that person I would imagine.

Vinny is doing great for City right now and has to be the best we have ever had, rebrand aside.
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Forever Blue wrote:

Just imagine if some person had squandered £10M of your money, you would hold that grudge with that person I would imagine.

Vinny is doing great for City right now and has to be the best we have ever had, rebrand aside.
Charlie Harper

Forever Blue wrote:

Charlie Harper

Return to General Chat