Top 2 this season

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Top 2 this season

Postby trotskie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:50 pm

I know it's only 6 games in but for me I've seen enough to say it's between us, Leeds, Wolves, Middleborough, Derby and Fulham.

Advantages we have over them.

1/ Neil Warnock​

2/ Zohore yet to hit form. When he does we could blow teams away

3/ Patterson. When he is fully fit he will add another dimension to our game going forward. Will be like a new signing outside the transfer window.

4/ Our first 11 is as good as anybody's in this league. I'd say the best in the league when Zohore is on form.

5/ Our strength in depth. Say for arguments sake our first 11 when all are fit is Ethridge, Patterson, Bamba, Morrison, Bennet, Hoilett, Ralls, Damour, Gunnarson, NML, Zahore.
We then have Camp, Murphy, Manga, Richards, Tomlin, Peltier, Ward, Harris, Pilkington, Feeney, Bryson, Connelly, Healey.

6/ Our team spirit and togetherness.

7/ Rich owner. Tan is not silly if we are near the top in January he will give Neil what he wants.

I'm sure people can add more stuff to the list but the point I am making is other teams should fear us more than us fearing them this season. There are only 5 other teams even close to us.

Opinions? Am I too optimistic
trotskie

Top 2 this season

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Top 2 this season

Postby Bluebird For Life » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:28 pm

trotskie wrote:I know it's only 6 games in but for me I've seen enough to say it's between us, Leeds, Wolves, Middleborough, Derby and Fulham.

1/ Neil Warnock​

3/ Patterson. When he is fully fit he will add another dimension to our game going forward. Will be like a new signing outside the transfer window.

4/ Our first 11 is as good as anybody's in this league. I'd say the best in the league when Zohore is on form.

5/ Our strength in depth. Say for arguments sake our first 11 when all are fit is Ethridge, Patterson, Bamba, Morrison, Bennet, Hoilett, Ralls, Damour, Gunnarson, NML, Zahore.
We then have Camp, Murphy, Manga, Richards, Tomlin, Peltier, Ward, Harris, Pilkington, Feeney, Bryson, Connelly, Healey.

7/ Rich owner. Tan is not silly if we are near the top in January he will give Neil what he wants.

I'm sure people can add more stuff to the list but the point I am making is other teams should fear us more than us fearing them this season. There are only 5 other teams even close to us.

A great start but think its too early to say for me - look at where we were after 10 games last season and where we finished. Someone like Villa, Norwich, Sunderland could go on that sort of run, but I do believe we will be there or thereabouts come May.
Bluebird For Life

Postby phildavies » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:53 pm

Leeds won't even be close to it come the end of the season mark my words
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby City Slicker » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:02 pm

trotskie wrote:I know it's only 6 games in but for me I've seen enough to say it's between us, Leeds, Wolves, Middleborough, Derby and Fulham.

1/ Neil Warnock​

You forgot Number 8! We've got the Ayatollah and no-one else has :ayatollah:
City Slicker

Postby andy 189 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:03 pm

leeds not even in the mix?have to disagree you been asleep and not been looking at our form and we are still gelling 14 new players ..
andy 189

Postby trotskie » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:07 pm

I have to agree with the Leeds fan I'm afraid. I think it might be close between, us them and boro for top 2.
trotskie

Postby dogfound » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:11 pm

andy 189 wrote:leeds not even in the mix?have to disagree you been asleep and not been looking at our form and we are still gelling 14 new players ..

good start but fixture list has been kind to you..have a better idea at half way stage.
good crowd yesterday too. the bring a friend for a fiver worked well..cross fingers it doesnt drop by 12k for the next game like it did last year eh.
dogfound

Postby nubbsy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:13 am

Has anyone actually ever seen Patterson play?
nubbsy

Postby andy 189 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:11 am

Big game for both of our clubs tonight..
andy 189

Postby andy 189 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:14 am

Big game for both of our clubs tonight..
andy 189

Postby dogfound » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:00 am

andy 189 wrote:Big game for both of our clubs tonight..

another bottom 6 club for you lot followed by yet another Saturday..
its a real opportunity to build up a head of steam and confidence.
dogfound

Postby andy 189 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:05 pm

you can only beat who's in front of you..
andy 189

Return to General Chat