WARNOCK TAKES BLAME & SAYS "WE'VE DONE A LOT OF TRAVELLING"

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:35 pm

Neil Warnock shoulders the blame for failing to make changes as Cardiff City are humbled by Preston -

By Chris Wathan

Tuesday 12th September 2017

"We've done a lot of travelling" says Neil Warnock.

Neil Warnock has admitted too many of his Cardiff City side weren’t good enough as the Bluebirds’ unbeaten start was left in tatters by Preston – but insisted he was to blame.

Warnock said “nine or ten” of his previously undefeated side weren’t at it at Deepdale as Cardiff lost 3-0 and gave up their position at the top of the Championship table.

But the veteran boss has conceded he should have made changes – and only their winning record stopped him trusting his judgement.

The veteran manager saw goals from the hosts’ Josh Harrop, Sean Maguire and Alan Browne make the most of a poor away day, just three days after making the trip to Fulham.

And Warnock admitted: “It’s no excuse because the goals were terrible, but we had eight or nine lads not at the game.

“The travelling we’ve done since Saturday – without it being an excuse – is more than any other team in the country and it’s not a coincidence there’s nine or ten lads not at the races.

“We were second best all night and if we hadn’t had been undefeated I would have made three or four changes.

“I blame myself quite a lot for not doing it, but it’s difficult when you haven’t lost. Hindsight’s a great thing but you’re a brave man to make changes when you’ve not lost a game – but that’s out of the way now and I can make changes when I see fit now.”

Warnock said he took issue with the free-kick awarded for Harrop’s first-half opener and the late long-range strike from Browne which came as an offside Jordan Hugill pressurised Neil Etheridge into a sliced clearance.

But Warnock added: “We didn’t lose because of the referee, we lost because we were second best and three silly goals. We were tired out and they were bright and we couldn’t get near them because we didn’t have the energy. We were second best but there was a reason for it and not all down to Preston being good, it was down to us not being at the races.”
Attachments
JS130514442.jpg
JS130514442.jpg (43.93 KiB) Viewed 2707 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: WARNOCK TAKES BLAME & SAYS "WE'VE DONE A LOT OF TRAVELLI

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:43 pm

I'm glad he's been honest in his comments.

Almost certain to be changes for Saturday.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby avondaleblue » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:08 pm

He never makes excuses always says it as it is. Nice to have an honest manager
avondaleblue

Postby nubbsy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:25 am

Very honest as this was Obv the problem
nubbsy

Postby davids » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:35 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm going to tell my employers later today that the reason I'm asleep at my desk is because "I've done a lot of travelling" over the last few days!

I'm sure they'll be sympathetic!
davids

Return to General Chat