Ratcliffe suggested he wasn't
bluebirdoct1962

Was Ken up for it last night?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Was Ken up for it last night?

Postby davids » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:51 am

Mmm. Difficult to tell really but he has been withdrawn in the last two games and has made little or no contribution in either.

Not sure that we are playing to his strengths at the moment as he seems to be playing a bit too far up the pitch, meaning that his pace and power is not being utilised properly.

Playing long aimless balls to him in the air is a complete waste of time as he is very poor in the air and is certainly no threat from set pieces.

I also think that many teams have worked out how to deal with him and he's now very well marked in each game.

Having said that he hasn't looked as if he's 100% on his game and, like the whole team, needs to raise his game from here on in.
davids

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:55 am

I think this is another example of people on this forum going completely over the top in the same way they did when we signed Doyle, and then again when we signed Lambert. Zohore had an excellent little spell where in a 4 or 5 month period he managed to get around 10 goals. His stats are not that brilliant really, he has scored around 30 goals in 100 or so games. Some of the valuations put on him were laughable given that suddenly he was the greatest striker ever because he had shown a bit of form over around 20 matches. The reason most of the offers did not match the valuation most of our fans had put on him, was because he had shown a bit of promise and nothing more.
A couple of months of below par performances and lack of goals will not make him a terrible player any more than a couple of months where he hits some good form and scores for fun will not make him a great player. Great strikers worth the sort of figures that some on here were throwing around can score consistently season after season, not just over a handful of games in a 4 month period.
We will find out just how good he is between now and May, and then have a better idea of just how much money he is worth.
Steve Zodiak

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:30 am

I'm thinking we should've cashed in on him!
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:42 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:I'm thinking we should've cashed in on him!

You may be right. Don't know if teams have him sussed now, whether he has lost a bit of confidence, or if his attitude is not quite what it should be, or if he is simply going through a bad patch the same as most strikers go through from time to time. We will find out soon enough.
Steve Zodiak

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:22 am

Christ people make me laugh, build him up to the point that that he is worth stupid money then knock him back down.

He may need to get a goal but he has been very unlucky not to add to his tally and in the home games I've seen he has been excellent
2blue2handle

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:31 am

2blue2handle wrote:Christ people make me laugh, build him up to the point that that he is worth stupid money then knock him back down.

He may need to get a goal but he has been very unlucky not to add to his tally and in the home games I've seen he has been excellent

Agree, but he can play as well as he likes and get as many assists as he likes but if you don't score the value will drop.

I think he's brilliant and I was glad when we kept him so I can't complain.
But... If he only gets 10 goals this season his value will be 5mill not 20 mill.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:13 pm

We haven't been playing to his strengths away from home so not surprised he doesn't look effective.
pembroke allan

Postby Bonner » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:36 pm

I think if he wasn't up for it NW would of noticed, I trust his judgement over Ratcliffe.
Give the bloke a break, 2 weeks ago our fans were saying if we sell him then it would be like the Toshack situation, now he has hit a dry spell they questioning his value.
Typical
Bonner

Postby Wolfpac » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:50 pm

In all honesty I think the lad is burnt out and needs a break to recharge the batteries, but rest assured when he gets a couple of goals he will be thriving on it, he's a confidence player and City through n through, his Insta page always about Cardiff and Game day :bluescarf:
Wolfpac

Postby JJ1927 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:47 pm

Lets get some perspective here. He scored a cracker in the last minute at Burton, may not have scored against Villa, but ran Terry and Chester ragged and apart from last two games has been a handful enabling Medez Laing and Holliet to thrive. He probably does need a bit of a rest cos he was part of Denmarks under 21's in the summer. Fulham was the first time all season that I thought he hadn't got the better of their defence.
JJ1927

Postby RV Casual » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:19 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I think this is another example of people on this forum going completely over the top in the same way they did when we signed Doyle, and then again when we signed Lambert. Zohore had an excellent little spell where in a 4 or 5 month period he managed to get around 10 goals. His stats are not that brilliant really, he has scored around 30 goals in 100 or so games. Some of the valuations put on him were laughable given that suddenly he was the greatest striker ever because he had shown a bit of form over around 20 matches. The reason most of the offers did not match the valuation most of our fans had put on him, was because he had shown a bit of promise and nothing more.
A couple of months of below par performances and lack of goals will not make him a terrible player any more than a couple of months where he hits some good form and scores for fun will not make him a great player. Great strikers worth the sort of figures that some on here were throwing around can score consistently season after season, not just over a handful of games in a 4 month period.
We will find out just how good he is between now and May, and then have a better idea of just how much money he is worth.

Steve, you just saved me a post, you have summed up my feelings perfectly :thumbup:
RV Casual

Postby tylorstown18891 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:05 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I think this is another example of people on this forum going completely over the top in the same way they did when we signed Doyle, and then again when we signed Lambert. Zohore had an excellent little spell where in a 4 or 5 month period he managed to get around 10 goals. His stats are not that brilliant really, he has scored around 30 goals in 100 or so games. Some of the valuations put on him were laughable given that suddenly he was the greatest striker ever because he had shown a bit of form over around 20 matches. The reason most of the offers did not match the valuation most of our fans had put on him, was because he had shown a bit of promise and nothing more.
top post :thumbup:
tylorstown18891

Postby stickywicket » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:37 pm

I'd take Jay and Chopra anytime
If Kens not careful he@ll be a flash in the pan
stickywicket

Postby dogfound » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:07 pm

got to say..its not anyone on this board that put the biggest valuation on KZ it was our manager.

who apparently if you believe Wez { no reason not to } convinced our owner to turn down £13.5 million insisting he will turn the boy into a 30 mill player.
personally im not sure he is a 20 goal a season player. but he makes things happen around him ..
dogfound

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:25 pm

stickywicket wrote:I'd take Jay and Chopra anytime
If Kens not careful he@ll be a flash in the pan

Far to old now :old:
2blue2handle

Return to General Chat