VINCE ALM: " CRIKEY ETHERIDGE "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:32 am

VINCE ALM:

Crikey Etheridge getting some stick for tonight's defeat.

For those who wasn't there it was a poor team performance not just Etheridge.

All three goals came from Sol Bamber mistakes first one from his free kick but I'd argue it was a free kick, 2nd he didn't deal with the ball on the edge of the penalty area and got robbed allowing the player to run in the box and score, and the third he let run to the keeper even though a Preston player was on him (looked offside mind) instead sticking his laces through it. but I reiterate it was a poor team performance.

Let's move on we are a lot better than that it's a blip hopefully back on it Saturday. bluebirds
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: VINCE ALM: " CRIKEY ETHERIDGE "

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:35 am

Reply from Fb

NIGEL HARRIS:

Wasn't there but Preston having 17 shots with 7 on target while all we could muster was a solitary effort on goal all night suggests all the real problems were in front of Etheridge.

Everything has gone too well so far this season and way beyond anyone's realistic expectations. Personally, I think City collectively have been far off the standards of the opening 4 performances during the past 3 outings. The coming days are finally an acid test for Warnock and the squad, several of whom have dipped and need to bounce back.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby davids » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:44 am

The international break seems to have come at exactly the wrong time for us halting the momentum we had built up.

And of course the curse of the Manager of the Month award strikes again!
davids

Postby Wolfpac » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:58 am

davids wrote:The international break seems to have come at exactly the wrong time for us halting the momentum we had built up.

And of course the curse of the Manager of the Month award strikes again!

I put a post up about 3 weeks ago saying this international break is going to murder our momentum and it's done exactly that
Wolfpac

Postby Sven » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:13 am

City have exceeded expectations so far this season and there isn't one fan with half an ounce of common sense that wouldn't have bitten off the hand of anyone who offered an opening run of five wins, a draw and a defeat in the opening seven games!

Now is not the time to start jumping on the backs of individual players and from what I saw of last night I agree with Vince Alm that it was a collective failure in a game where the team itself were below par and Preston took their opportunities when offered

Sol Bamba won't need us (or Neil Warnock) to let him know that he messed up more than once and he'll come back stronger and more determined on Saturday!

As for Etheridge? Well, there seems to be a bit of a bandwagon rolling already where he is concerned and that simply isn't right or fair. Overall, he has performed decently this season and (as the last line of defence) any errors are emphasised regardless of the errors made by those in front of him!

I'm not having that 'Manager of the Month Curse' tosh or using the international break as an excuse; City managers have won that award before and gone on to win their next game!

They cannot use the international break as an excuse either. Neil Warnock will have had his players well prepared and the simple fact is they didn't perform to the standards they have set themselves so far this season...and they'll know that!

A football season is set out well before any given team (in this case ours) starts a good, bad or indifferent run and there will be peaks and troughs. That's the nature of the game we (mostly) love; yet many City fans were starting to believe we were unbeatable and some are far too quick to 'look' for the negatives of one game rather than the positives of the previous six!

A big game/test now on Saturday and I'm sure the players will turn up and make amends at the Cardiff City Stadium. Let's hope the fans do too. Positivity is key! :thumbright: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby oxfordblue » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:54 am

Forever Blue wrote:VINCE ALM:

Crikey Etheridge getting some stick for tonight's defeat.

For those who wasn't there it was a poor team performance not just Etheridge.

All three goals came from Sol Bamber mistakes first one from his free kick but I'd argue it was a free kick, 2nd he didn't deal with the ball on the edge of the penalty area and got robbed allowing the player to run in the box and score, and the third he let run to the keeper even though a Preston player was on him (looked offside mind) instead sticking his laces through it. but I reiterate it was a poor team performance.

Let's move on we are a lot better than that it's a blip hopefully back on it Saturday. bluebirds

Also the Fulham goal came from Sol Bamber switching off and losing his man in the build up for the initial shot .
oxfordblue

Postby Dahboy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:36 am

If a striker looks up and sees he's one on one with Morrison he must be ecstatic. :banghead:
Dahboy

Postby nojac » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:46 am

Just seen the highlights , and Etheridge made 3 or 4 good saves.
So really it could well have been 6 or 7 nil .
The last goal was down to Bamba not taking control of the situation . The free kick the wall jumped and the ball went under it. The second goal was from a really tight angle, maybe he could have done better , but the defenders could have too.
Let's get behind the team ,and help them as we have a very tough eight games coming up .
Like Warnock as said if we can be still in the frame after them, we will have done well.
nojac

Postby dogfound » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:03 am

nojac wrote:Just seen the highlights , and Etheridge made 3 or 4 good saves.
So really it could well have been 6 or 7 nil .
The last goal was down to Bamba not taking control of the situation . The free kick the wall jumped and the ball went under it. The second goal was from a really tight angle, maybe he could have done better , but the defenders could have too.
Let's get behind the team ,and help them as we have a very tough eight games coming up .
Like Warnock as said if we can be still in the frame after them, we will have done well.

having not seen the game only going on reports it sounded like we were comfortably beaten but could still have got a point if not for the keeper throwing goals in.
ive now also seen the highlights. agree with you
the first 2 goals are what you see week in week out in highlights clips..the 3rd was a poor kick and a damn good finish.had Maindez-Laing scored it everybody would be calling it a wonder goal.
dogfound

Postby binero » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:09 pm

Talking about Bamba and I'm not having a go at him because he's class but have a look at the fulham goal it was his man who scored he was tracking him back but then just stopped and when the ball came back off the initial effort their player had a free stab at it.

my attitude is we win together as a team and we lose together as a team maybe this may make us g again and in Neil i trust that he makes that happen :bluebird:
binero

Postby Mr Shed » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:58 pm

Dahboy wrote:If a striker looks up and sees he's one on one with Morrison he must be ecstatic. :banghead:

You must be on a windup!

None of last nights goals had much to do with Morrison. Unless you expect him to do Bamba's, Bennet's and Etheridge's jobs too!
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

*Insert Name here* BARMY ARMY!!!!!
Mr Shed

Postby Lawnmower » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:59 pm

I thought Bamba was at his limit at Fulham. He really was given a tough time.
I'd have played Manga or Connolly last night.

Bamba is a great centre half, but we have good cover there and a bit of rotation won't hurt
Lawnmower

Postby englishbluebird » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:32 pm

Yeah hes been getting way too much stick,everyone had an off day against preston. Etheridge has had a good season so far IMO.
"Like we give a f**k about the Carling Cup"-6Bysedd
englishbluebird

Return to General Chat