Sky Sports wins rights

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sky Sports wins rights

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:31 am

Sky Sports wins live EFL rights until 2024 with more matches than ever

Tuesday 12th September 2017

Sky Sports has announed a new deal to show live coverage of the EFL until 2024

Sky Sports has strengthened its position as the home of football with a new deal to show live coverage of the EFL until 2024, offering Sky customers more matches and more ways to watch than ever before.

The new agreement means that from the start of the 2019/20 season, Sky Sports Football will show up to 183 matches exclusively live each year in the Sky Bet Championship, Sky Bet League One, Sky Bet League Two, Carabao Cup and Checkatrade Trophy - a 26 per cent increase in the number of games on our current deal.

For the first time, Sky Sports will be able to broadcast 80 Sky Bet Championship midweek matches across interactive and digital platforms, taking the total number of potential matches available to Sky Sports customers and EFL fans to over 260, from the current 145 games. The additional midweek games will also be available across the EFL iFollow streaming service.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Sky Sports wins rights

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Sky Sports wins rights

Postby boyo1927 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:34 am

Great to see city away like a game tonight. Likely adversley impact all clubs on home and away support of a tv option is available midweek!
boyo1927

Re: Sky Sports wins rights

Postby Sven » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:53 am

The new Sky/EFL deal states that individual clubs can show their games on their own web-sites if they are not selected for the 'live' televised game on that evening, so surely that would mean members of 'Cardiff City Player' get to watch? :? :ayatollah:

This is what I read:

"Fans of EFL clubs will be able to stream midweek league games after a new TV deal worth £600million with Sky Sports was struck with clubs.

As part of the five-year domestic rights deal, which will begin in 2019, teams will be able to stream evening kick-offs via their websites if Sky are not broadcasting them live."
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Return to General Chat