Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHICH IPHONES ARE YOU GOING TO GET?

You may select 1 option

View results

WHICH NEW APPLE PRODUCTS WILL YOU BE BUYING?

Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:15 pm

Apple (the top selling Smartphone brand in the world) have released their latest iPhone models, along with Apple TV 4K and another addition to the iWatch (Series 3)

The 1000 pound/dollar question is will you be buying any of their expensive products?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: WHICH APPLE's NEW PRODUCTS WILL YOU BE BUYING?

Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:27 pm

Still got my 6s+ which has about six months to run.

Will have to see what the prices are like then - but in no rush to upgrade.

Had iOS11 for a few weeks now, and I like it. Mainly minor changes but an improvement. I do like the new control centre.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:33 pm

Just a bag of smart price apples from ASDA for me thank you very much :laughing6:

Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:53 pm

Well timed as usual from Apple inc. with Christmas approaching and posses of expectant kids (some not so young) demanding the latest 'must have' products! :(

Not for me but each to their own! :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:35 pm

Sven wrote:Well timed as usual from Apple inc. with Christmas approaching and posses of expectant kids (some not so young) demanding the latest 'must have' products! :(

Sven, Apple always release their new products in early September, it's been their thing over the last ten years. Maybe it's no coincidence that they do this. ;)

Me though, I do like the IPhone and have had one ever since their first along with iPads etc. I'll be getting the new iPhone X one hundred percent.

Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:56 pm

norms76 wrote:
Sven wrote:Well timed as usual from Apple inc. with Christmas approaching and posses of expectant kids (some not so young) demanding the latest 'must have' products!

Sven, Apple always release their new products in early September, it's been their thing over the last ten years. Maybe it's no coincidence that they do this. ;)

Me though, I do like the IPhone and have had one ever since their first along with iPads etc. I'll be getting the new iPhone X one hundred percent.

Norms, you are right (about September) and I was once told by an Apple employee (a manager) that it was for those reasons. Can't fault them business-wise and many of the major companies (toy manufacturers in particular) do the same :thumbright:

I know a lot of people (my brother's early teen kids included) who will 100% be getting one for Xmas and they will use them too the max, too! From my own position, I've had iPhones (the last was a 5S) but I don't use a phone in such a way that warrants spending those amounts of money, so I tend to buy previous models (my current one being a Samsung S6) and they do everything I need. I hope you enjoy yours :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:11 pm

Sven wrote:
norms76 wrote:
Sven wrote:Well timed as usual from Apple inc. with Christmas approaching and posses of expectant kids (some not so young) demanding the latest 'must have' products!

Norms, you are right (about September) and I was once told by an Apple employee (a manager) that it was for those reasons. Can't fault them business-wise and many of the major companies (toy manufacturers in particular) do the same :thumbright:

I know a lot of people (my brother's early teen kids included) who will 100% be getting one for Xmas and they will use them too the max, too! From my own position, I've had iPhones (the last was a 5S) but I don't use a phone in such a way that warrants spending those amounts of money, so I tend to buy previous models (my current one being a Samsung S6) and they do everything I need. I hope you enjoy yours :ayatollah:

I'm looking forward to getting this one Chris, it looks the business. I can see your point as well, no point paying if you're not going to use the features, I know I will though. :thumbright:

Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:59 pm

norms76 wrote:
Sven wrote:
norms76 wrote:

I'm looking forward to getting this one Chris, it looks the business. I can see your point as well, no point paying if you're not going to use the features, I know I will though. :thumbright:

Enjoy, Norms! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:44 pm

I have successfully integrated both operating systems from both Blackberry and Apple and installed it on my sons Raspberry Pi. This is a revolutionary new operating system but I just can't think of a catchy enough name for it.

Re: WHICH NEW APPLE PRODUCTS WILL YOU BE BUYING?

Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:44 am

People seem to be phone addicts these days .
£1000 for a phone isnt it or a big monthly contract.
A definate NO chance on earth for me chuv your rotten apple up your arse. :D

Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:25 am

It's a status symbol for the majority of people, just like £50K cars, they don't do a lot more than cheaper models.

Some poor buggers will go into debt to buy these for their kids, but I suppose that's capitalism for you !!!

I usually buy the outgoing model that no one want's at a heavily reduced amount, the iphone 7's should drop like a stone now.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:33 am

I have an iphone 6s that runs out next Oct, I will then be looking at a cheap sim only deal as the phone is great.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:22 pm

Always used to have the new iPhones, thought they were amazing then someone showed me Samsung and ive never looked back.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:31 pm

How much did apple pay for this thread then?

Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:38 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:How much did apple pay for this thread then?

10 dollars.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:05 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:How much did apple pay for this thread then?

You may be on to something there, fella! Thanks in advance! ;) :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:10 pm

Not sure - does that Yoko Ono still sing for them lot these days????