Updated Calamity Etheridge tonight' Etheridge looks sloppy '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:05 pm

Cardiff goalkeeper Etheridge looks sloppy tonight and has been in other games.

Kicking is poor and when makes saves, does not push it clear and causes danger.

OPINIONS ?
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Etheridge looks sloppy '

Postby DEANO » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:13 pm

Totally agree unconvincing in every game
DEANO

Re: ' Etheridge looks sloppy '

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:21 pm

3-0 down Etheridge again,calamity

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: Updated Calamity Etheridge tonight' Etheridge looks slop

Postby Wolfpac » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:22 pm

He's been at fault for every goal not acceptable Murphy for me if Camp still injured!!

League one Shite absolutely dreadful performance
Wolfpac

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:23 pm

Preston 3-0 Cardiff

What a nightmare for Cardiff, Etheridge with a howler and Alan Browne shoots from around 40 yards out and scores.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:29 pm

I've not been impressed to be honest but haven't seen goals tonight.
2blue2handle

Postby welshrarebit » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:33 pm

Third was terrible. Awful clearance leading to a lobbed shot/goal
welshrarebit

Postby valleyrambill » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:43 pm

I fear for poor Etheridge as he is young and had a great start all keepers make mistakes a year ago we got battered by Preston and a poor young keeper got attacked terrible by supporters an up and coming keeper Ben Wilson and his Cardiff city career ended.

Keepers make mistakes and when they do it costs goals I still think this lad will be a good keeper he needs experience and we have to realise we will lose now and again I am disappointed we let 3 in but hey ho move on lets win at home now and lets take it easy on the keeper.

Camp will make mistakes and dare I say Marshall made them Alexander did and all the other keepers we had made plenty some went on to have great careers Tony Warner I remember was terrible for us he went to Fulham in the premiership and did really well
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:44 pm

I literally set up a post saying I didn't rate him and haven't been convinced by him. His kicking is abysmal( (I mean what the hell does he do in training?) He parry's shots he should be saving, doesn't command his area and is prone to making at least 1 error a games. The reason he hasn't conceded more goals this season his purely down to the fact we have one of the best defences in the championship. I mean honestly is he any better than Ben Amos or Ben Wilson? He's made just as many errors if not more than Wilson did in his first 5-6 games. Please Lee Camp come back or can we even have Murphy in goal.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:46 pm

Wolfpac wrote:He's been at fault for every goal not acceptable Murphy for me if Camp still injured!!

League one Shite absolutely dreadful performance

:thumbup:
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Bluebird_87 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:48 pm

Calamity Etheridge? Let not jump the gun now, yes he's had a bad night, but we shouldn't slaughter the boy. He's got potential, but is raw still with a lot of his play. He's going to be shot of confidence, so get behind him. He plays for Cardiff City!

We have lost our first game of the season. Let's not have a melt down
Bluebird_87

Postby Rock the Casbah » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:49 pm

Please bring Murphy back....

:bluebird:
Rock the Casbah

Postby Rick Walters » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:49 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:I literally set up a post saying I didn't rate him and haven't been convinced by him. His kicking is abysmal( (I mean what the hell does he do in training?) He parry's shots he should be saving, doesn't command his area and is prone to making at least 1 error a games. The reason he hasn't conceded more goals this season his purely down to the fact we have one of the best defences in the championship. I mean honestly is he any better than Ben Amos or Ben Wilson? He's made just as many errors if not more than Wilson did in his first 5-6 games. Please Lee Camp come back or can we even have Murphy in goal.

Tbf I agree, sadly. Making one mistake a game is going to catch up with you eventually. Tonight was that night.
Last edited by Rick Walters on Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Walters

Postby boyo1927 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:49 pm

He was dreadful tonight!
boyo1927

Postby Wolfpac » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:58 pm

Warnock won't like what he saw and Murphy will start next game sure of it !!

Should have saved 2nd and third tonight his positioning for 2nd was shocking but he's not all to blame our defence were prancing around like they were Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers
Wolfpac

Postby buckleys brewery » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:16 pm

Sounded like a lot of players performed poorly. We had to lose eventually, most important now is that the players bounce back and win the next game. If they sulk over this result, I can see the next batch of games being even tougher than they look.
buckleys brewery

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:18 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Warnock won't like what he saw and Murphy will start next game sure of it !!

Should have saved 2nd and third tonight his positioning for 2nd was shocking but he's not all to blame our defence were prancing around like they were Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers

Even the first one he should have saved imo. I would expect an average keeper to parry that first shot out. The second he is beaten at his near post as his positioning like you said is shocking but the 3rd is the worst, not only is his kick terrible but he has a second chance to save it and flops at it. I really hope he does bounce back but in the 6-7 games I have seen of him I don't see him being any better than Amos or Wilson and we had a shi*** defence back then than we do now which means he's not having to face so many shots.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby dogfound » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:10 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:Warnock won't like what he saw and Murphy will start next game sure of it !!

Even the first one he should have saved imo. I would expect an average keeper to parry that first shot out. The second he is beaten at his near post as his positioning like you said is shocking but the 3rd is the worst, not only is his kick terrible but he has a second chance to save it and flops at it. I really hope he does bounce back but in the 6-7 games I have seen of him I don't see him being any better than Amos or Wilson and we had a shi*** defence back then than we do now which means he's not having to face so many shots.

where the hell should he be standing?.his job there is to give the striker as little of the goal to aim for as is possible.
he splits the angle perfect but gets beaten by the shot..it happens.
http://www.jbgoalkeeping.com/position.html
dogfound

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:22 pm

dogfound wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

where the hell should he be standing?.his job there is to give the striker as little of the goal to aim for as is possible.

1st goal was total fault of players in wall Why jump when they are 30yds out at an angle so letting ball through ! No way was shot going in over wall, 2nd the power beat him from 7yds out not surprisingly., as for 3rd yes his fault due to poor kick but then who should have cleared ball in 1st place (manga) instead of taking risk of Preston player closing goalie down which he did! Having said that I'm not convinced with his overall performances so far this season.
pembroke allan

Postby Charlie Harper » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:25 pm

Having now watched the highlights I am of the opinion that Etheridge should have done a lot better with all 3 of the goals.

His positioning of the first goal must have been wrong as he was beat to his left, which was his side.

The second he was beaten by power but surely he should not be beaten at his near post, and the third goal sums up his kicking for me as its awful. Also he made a feeble attempt at saving it.

You could be ultra critical and say that all the goals bar the Fulham goal, he could have done better.

I think he has potential and he makes great saves but right now I would play Murphy and let him have his time again.
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:32 pm

dogfound wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

A championship keeper shouldn't be getting beaten at his front post like that. He literally just stands still and watches it. I'm sorry but I've been saying for weeks this keeper aint up for the job and tonight has proven my point again. almost every goal we have conceded this season has been due to a Etheridge error and he hasn't even had that much to do due to our solid defence, imagine if he had been our GK in the first 10 games of last season he would be conceding 3-4 goals a game. Literally don't see him being any better than Amos or Wilson. League 1 GK.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby dogfound » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:07 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:

A championship keeper shouldn't be getting beaten at his front post like that. He literally just stands still and watches it. I'm sorry but I've been saying for weeks this keeper aint up for the job and tonight has proven my point again. almost every goal we have conceded this season has been due to a Etheridge error and he hasn't even had that much to do due to our solid defence, imagine if he had been our GK in the first 10 games of last season he would be conceding 3-4 goals a game. Literally don't see him being any better than Amos or Wilson. League 1 GK.

youve already shown a huge lack of knowledge with the rediculous ..shocking positioning remark.
now its he stood still...not quite the truth,his reaction wasnt quick enough..but from 6 yards,6 bloody yards.are you real..?
youve clearly made your mind up prior to the game who is to blame should we lose.
dogfound

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:26 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:Having now watched the highlights I am of the opinion that Etheridge should have done a lot better with all 3 of the goals.

His positioning of the first goal must have been wrong as he was beat to his left, which was his side.

The second he was beaten by power but surely he should not be beaten at his near post, and the third goal sums up his kicking for me as its awful. Also he made a feeble attempt at saving it.

You could be ultra critical and say that all the goals bar the Fulham goal, he could have done better.

I think he has potential and he makes great saves but right now I would play Murphy and let him have his time again.

How can you say 1st was his fault? If wall did its job properly he wouldn't have had to make a save!
Power from 7yrds will beat you regardless of where you stand! And 3rd was down to his poor kick but defender should not have let ball run unabling attacker to close him down ! Easy to blame him but look at it objectively other players contributed to 2 of the goals as much as he did.
pembroke allan

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:28 pm

Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Igovernor » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:34 pm

Truth be known the ball should never have got to him, not a free kick for the first, the Preston player made a back for Bamba, and why did the wall jump up? to get back to the point, the Preston Player left Bamba for dead, twice, he did not have his normal excellent game but having said that, last night the defence was terrible, apart from Peltier and Morrison, anyway, I think we will learn a lot more from this defeat than a scrappy win, you could see last night that we did not play our high density game, and Warnock was right, we did not have the energy, to do that. The game has gone now, lets put it right Saturday :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby Charlie Harper » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:39 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:Having now watched the highlights I am of the opinion that Etheridge should have done a lot better with all 3 of the goals.

How can you say 1st was his fault? If wall did its job properly he wouldn't have had to make a save!
Power from 7yrds will beat you regardless of where you stand! And 3rd was down to his poor kick but defender should not have let ball run unabling attacker to close him down ! Easy to blame him but look at it objectively other players contributed to 2 of the goals as much as he did.

It was his fault. He set the wall up and I guess he stood to the left, which is where the ball ended up. I don't get why you can't see that.
Charlie Harper

Postby dogfound » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:46 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

It was his fault. He set the wall up and I guess he stood to the left, which is where the ball ended up. I don't get why you can't see that.

i think the idea of a wall is to stop the ball..not unsight you from it.?
dogfound

Postby Charlie Harper » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:00 pm

dogfound wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Who sets the wall ? It's the keeper so that's my point
Charlie Harper

Postby dogfound » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:11 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Who sets the wall ? It's the keeper so that's my point

so..seeing as the ball went under the wall. he had lined it up crrectly..only made the mistake of shouting jump as their player struck the ball.
dogfound

Return to General Chat