£17MILLION BID FOR KENNETH ZOHORE CONFIRMED & CARDIFF CITY

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:12 am

£17MILLION BID FOR KENNETH ZOHORE CONFIRMED & CARDIFF CITY TURNED IT DOWN

Agent explains why Brighton's £17m striker bid failed

Thursday 14th September 2017

Brighton made a club-record £17million bid for Cardiff City striker Kenneth Zohore last month, according to the player's agent.

Seagulls boss Chris Hughton targeted the former Denmark Under-21 international and was seen to be in talks with Cardiff owner Vincent Tan after watching Zohore play against Sheffield United on August 15.

If the two clubs had agreed on a deal it would have meant Hughton would have broken the club's transfer record for the third time in a fortnight after the £13.5m swoop for Jose Izquierdo, which itself came just days after Brighton paid PSV Eindhoven £10m for midfielder Davy Propper.

"It would have been a record purchase for Brighton and a record sale for Cardiff," agent Darryl Powell from Paramount Sports Management told BT.

"It would also have been a record for the sale of any Danish player.

"It was a real, really honorable amount that was offered. And there was also strong interest from Everton."

However, Cardiff stuck to their guns and rejected the offer, knowing that Zohore would not kick up a stink because of his respect for manager Neil Warnock.

"There were several factors that meant that the deal did not turn into anything," added Powell.

"I think it was because Cardiff are doing very well and were at the top of the Championship, and Kenneth is very proud of everything Cardiff manager Neil Warnock wants.

"The manager sees a great star in Kenneth, and so I think the board and owners in Cardiff are really happy with Kenneth.

"But there is also an important party in this, and it is Kenneth, who is self-satisfied wherever he is. He has an incredibly mature approach to it and respects his manager really much."
Attachments
NjA2MTI=-2.jpg
NjA2MTI=-2.jpg (89.6 KiB) Viewed 7749 times
AA.jpg
AA.jpg (7.92 KiB) Viewed 7993 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: KENNETH ZOHORE'S AGENT SPEAKS ON TRANSFER SPECULATION

Postby avondaleblue » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:36 am

I bet his agent was gutted, he could see the £££££££ signs in front of his eyes :lol:
avondaleblue

Re: £17MILLION BID FOR KENNETH ZOHORE CONFIRMED & CARDIFF CI

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:51 am

Like what Wez said, I was also told Vincent Tan wanted to accept the bid and Neil Warnock talked Tan out of it.
Tan must love Warnock and sees that if Warnock succeeds then the prize is way way bigger :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Re: KENNETH ZOHORE'S AGENT SPEAKS ON TRANSFER SPECULATION

Postby davids » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:55 am

Seems to confirm what was said on here on deadline day that an offer had come in that was very close to meeting the clubs valuation of the player.

A lot of credit must go to the club (yes, including Mr Tan :thumbup: ), the manager and Ken himself for all pulling in the same direction as far as him staying at the club. If the player himself had been hankering after a move it would have been very difficult to keep him.

Let's just hope he fulfils his potential and becomes the player we all hope that he can be.
davids

Postby Dobbin » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:32 am

Forever Blue wrote:Like what Wez said, I was also told Vincent Tan wanted to accept the bid and Neil Warnock talked Tan out of it.
Tan must love Warnock and sees that if Warnock succeeds then the prize is way way bigger :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Annis - that is a lot cash to turn down for a striker that has a couple of good months at the tail end of last season and has not exactly started this season on fire.

I can see why Tan wanted to sell him because you could have got three or four quality players on for that and really surprised NW talked tan down if that the case.

Personnaly I would have sold because to me that makes good business sense? Do you think that s missed opportunity ?
Dobbin

Postby wez1927 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:47 am

Sven wrote:£17MILLION BID FOR KENNETH ZOHORE CONFIRMED & CARDIFF CITY TURNED IT DOWN

Brighton made a club-record £17million bid for Cardiff City striker Kenneth Zohore last month, according to the player's agent.

Seagulls boss Chris Hughton targeted the former Denmark Under-21 international and was seen to be in talks with Cardiff owner Vincent Tan after watching Zohore play against Sheffield United on August 15.

If the two clubs had agreed on a deal it would have meant Hughton would have broken the club's transfer record for the third time in a fortnight after the £13.5m swoop for Jose Izquierdo, which itself came just days after Brighton paid PSV Eindhoven £10m for midfielder Davy Propper.

"It would have been a record purchase for Brighton and a record sale for Cardiff," agent Darryl Powell from Paramount Sports Management told BT.

"It was a real, really honorable amount that was offered. And there was also strong interest from Everton."

However, Cardiff stuck to their guns and rejected the offer, knowing that Zohore would not kick up a stink because of his respect for manager Neil Warnock.

"There were several factors that meant that the deal did not turn into anything," added Powell.

"I think it was because Cardiff are doing very well and were at the top of the Championship, and Kenneth is very proud of everything Cardiff manager Neil Warnock wants.

"The manager sees a great star in Kenneth, and so I think the board and owners in Cardiff are really happy with Kenneth.

"But there is also an important party in this, and it is Kenneth, who is self-satisfied wherever he is. He has an incredibly mature approach to it and respects his manager really much."

who was tjis confirmed by ? warnock said 13.5 million we turned down not 17 million ? is this confirmed by cardiff or is it a Brighton official ?
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Bluebina » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:49 am

Forever Blue wrote:Like what Wez said, I was also told Vincent Tan wanted to accept the bid and Neil Warnock talked Tan out of it.

I bet Tan rang Hughton late on Tuesday saying you can have him :laughing6:
Bluebina

Postby wez1927 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:49 am

stright from warnock he said that mate ,but he told me it was 13.5 million unless the rest was made up of add on s to make 17 million
wez1927

Postby theclaw » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:54 am

That's a lot of money!First of all I like Zohore and know it's not all about his goals that he brings.
But every player has his price.I know there would be ifs,buts and maybes but I would have sold and reinvested in the squad with firstly a proven goal scorer and maybe two other players.
theclaw

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:15 pm

Its a good price for him but for what he offers us im very pleased we turned it down. With him in the team we have a real chance of pushing for the top 6 this season, without him I don't think we would have.
2blue2handle

Postby Double G » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:52 pm

bad decision by us in a business sense, but can see why warnock wants to keep him as offers far more than just goals
Double G

Postby nubbsy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:37 pm

Tans probably twiddling his moustache after ken's start to the season... Oh well. f**k him.
nubbsy

Postby actionman » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:59 pm

I think zohore is important for us If they had made that bid weeks before we would have been able to get top quality striker in with a couple of others but at that late stage clubs would have hiked thier prices up.if he scores 15/20 goals this season we'll get £20million next.
actionman

Postby Sven » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:00 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:£17MILLION BID FOR KENNETH ZOHORE CONFIRMED & CARDIFF CITY TURNED IT DOWN

who was tjis confirmed by ? warnock said 13.5 million we turned down not 17 million ? is this confirmed by cardiff or is it a Brighton official ?

Confirmed by Kenneth Zohore's agent, if you read the thread ;) :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby wez1927 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:39 pm

Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

maybe 4 million for him then
wez1927

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:21 pm

Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

It just says according to him (agent) 27m was offered! are we sure we can trust agent Prefer it coming from NW tbh then have bit more creadence to it. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:31 pm

The JAN Transfer window will be interesting ;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby Sven » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:36 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

It just says according to him (agent) 27m was offered! are we sure we can trust agent Prefer it coming from NW tbh then have bit more creadence to it. :old:

Allan, Wez asked who confirmed £17 (not £27 ;) ) and I was only able to refer him to the OP :thumbup: :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:38 am

wez1927 wrote:

stright from warnock he said that mate ,but he told me it was 13.5 million unless the rest was made up of add on s to make 17 million

Wez, I believe you :thumbright: :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sam ReaN » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:47 am

Zohore will be double by the end of This Season with the Goals he will score
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby Sven » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:14 am

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Football deals these days are complex, so I guess it depends on what fees were being covered in any figures give, e.g. were agents fees etc. included?

Still a lot of money for a player making progress (albeit rapid) in the game and credit to Neil Warnock (for being a great mentor), Vincent Tan (for seeing the potential future 'value' of keeping the player) and Cardiff City FC for keeping hold of him at any price! :thumbright: :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby wez1927 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:19 pm

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Football deals these days are complex, so I guess it depends on what fees were being covered in any figures give, e.g. were agents fees etc. included?

Still a lot of money for a player making progress (albeit rapid) in the game and credit to Neil Warnock (for being a great mentor), Vincent Tan (for seeing the potential future 'value' of keeping the player) and Cardiff City FC for keeping hold of him at any price! :thumbright: :ayatollah:

judgingon his recent form I would of sold him and warnock could of built a really better squad with the money
wez1927

Return to General Chat