NFL

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NFL

Postby trentuniblue » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:39 pm

Anyone else on here an NFL fan? Any predictions for this season?

I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan myself. A big win last night even though it's the first game of the season.
trentuniblue

NFL

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: NFL

Postby Dahboy » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:11 pm

trentuniblue wrote:Anyone else on here an NFL fan? Any predictions for this season?

I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan myself. A big win last night even though it's the first game of the season.

I never miss a super bowl but that's as far as my love for the sport goes I'm afraid.
Dahboy

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:46 pm

Packers for me.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby ElyBlue85 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:48 pm

Denver Broncos for me (its where the wife is from). Should by rights follow the Bears as I now live in Chicago but just couldnt subject myself to it!
ElyBlue85

Postby trentuniblue » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:04 am

Dahboy wrote:
trentuniblue wrote:Anyone else on here an NFL fan? Any predictions for this season?

I never miss a super bowl but that's as far as my love for the sport goes I'm afraid.

Fair enough mate :) I know quite a few people like that, always watch the superbowl but that's about it.

Any teams in particular you would like to see there this year, or are you not too bothered who makes it?
trentuniblue

Postby trentuniblue » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:07 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:Packers for me.

A good choice of team :) Rodgers is a cracking quaterback! But I can't work out why he annoys me so much (last season's play off game aside) :lol:

Thoughts on how the packers will do this season?
trentuniblue

Postby trentuniblue » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:14 am

ElyBlue85 wrote:Denver Broncos for me (its where the wife is from). Should by rights follow the Bears as I now live in Chicago but just couldnt subject myself to it!

Understandable why you have chosen to go with the Broncos instead :lol:

How do you think the Cowboys-Broncos game on Sunday will go?
trentuniblue

Postby Welshman in CA » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:52 am

Raiders for me & Packers for the wife. Went to watch them play each other 2 seasons ago in Oakland, rained all day but it's certainly a totally different experience to watching city play.
Welshman in CA

Postby Splottblue80 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:47 am

Redskins for me. Have been a huge fan since the 80s. These days it's NFL over football for me. Keeps me calmer than the footie. It's a great sport as the more you watch it the more you really appreciate how complex and intricate it really is
Splottblue80

Postby noisycat » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:16 am

The Raiders for me and I went to seem them play against the LA Rams in LA. I've lost a bit of interest over the last couple of years but do watch games ocassionally. I use to stay up for the Super Bowl but now only watch the highlights.
noisycat

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:22 am

trentuniblue wrote:

A good choice of team :) Rodgers is a cracking quaterback! But I can't work out why he annoys me so much (last season's play off game aside) :lol:

I'm going for a super bowl!!
Rodgers can win it on his own haha.
I only started watching them as my dad liked them when I was younger.
I do also keep an eye of for the Arizona scores as I have family there. :thumbright:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby OptimisticBlue » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:37 am

Seahawks for me, jumped on the bandwagon when I started to take an interest in the sport around 4/5 years ago but also a massive fan of Russell Wilson. We have potential for the Superbowl this year but that O-Line needs to sort their shit out, ASAP! :banghead:
OptimisticBlue

Postby mr_nellio » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:36 am

Broncos for me as well. Do have soft spot for the giants too.
Blue for life
mr_nellio

Postby barriboy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:44 am

Dolphins fan, season ticket holder for uk games, like splottblue80 watch more NFL than footie nowadays. Patriots for Super Bowl unfortunately, last 3 times they've lost 1st game in season they have gone on and won super bowl.
barriboy

Postby Dahboy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:41 pm

trentuniblue wrote:
Dahboy wrote:

Fair enough mate :) I know quite a few people like that, always watch the superbowl but that's about it.

Any teams in particular you would like to see there this year, or are you not too bothered who makes it?

Pittsburgh Steelers :happy1:
Dahboy

Postby Wolfpac » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:50 pm

Redskins fan, have been for about 20 years
Wolfpac

Postby alexc » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:27 pm

The Pack for me (Green Bay Packers).
We went to the Super Bowl and saw them win in 2011.
Previously lived in Cali so went to some Chargers games.
Now in Indianapolis so see Colts now and then.
Thought I'd never be interested but my son started playing and I discovered what a fantastic game it is.
alexc

Postby Jestrix » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:46 pm

Baltimore Ravens fan... started watching NFL in late 90s early 00's I think just before Ravens won the superbowl... good win for us to start the season
Jestrix

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:41 am

I was on an exercise in the US in the mid 90s with 101st Airborne and a few of us decided to go and watch a College game of American football at the University of Mississippi.......was stunned to see how many people watched a College game. It was rammed and the atmosphere was pretty intense.
1980s Bluebird

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:17 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:I was on an exercise in the US in the mid 90s with 101st Airborne and a few of us decided to go and watch a College game of American football at the University of Mississippi.......was stunned to see how many people watched a College game. It was rammed and the atmosphere was pretty intense.

Was this East Mississippi Community College by any chance?

Been watching that Last Chance U on Netflix ( decent watch if you like NFL ) :ayatollah:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Splottblue80 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:05 pm

If you like last chance u try All or Nothing on prime. Follows one NFL team behind the scenes for a full season. Season 1 follows the Cardinals and season 2 the Rams. Its a fascinating show.
Splottblue80

Postby Paul Keevil » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:36 pm

Like a few others on here I am also a Redskins fan and have been since the days of Joe Theisman and Art Monk - (i.e. when we were good!)

As a photographer NFL UK held a roadshow up here in Liverpool and, as well as photographing the event, I had the honour of meeting Kirk Cousins and discussing how he felt the Redskins would do this season.
Looking for a Photographer?

Accredited Champions League, Premiership and FL Photographer
Cover RL, RU, Motorsport etc
Accredited - 2012 Olympic Games
Attend "Celebrity Events" - papping
Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby trentuniblue » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:18 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
trentuniblue wrote:

I'm going for a super bowl!!
Rodgers can win it on his own haha.
I only started watching them as my dad liked them when I was younger.
I do also keep an eye of for the Arizona scores as I have family there. :thumbright:

They certainly have a team capable of making it!
trentuniblue

Postby trentuniblue » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:26 pm

barriboy wrote:Dolphins fan, season ticket holder for uk games, like splottblue80 watch more NFL than footie nowadays. Patriots for Super Bowl unfortunately, last 3 times they've lost 1st game in season they have gone on and won super bowl.

My dad has chosen the Dolphins as his team too, so I keep an eye out for them :thumbright:

Unfortunately, I think you are right about the Patriots! I'd like to see a different team win it, and preferably a different AFC team in the Super Bowl, but they are probably the most likely team to make it...although it's been a poor start for them by the sounds of it, both I terms of performance in week 1 (Brady had a very poor game by his standard imo), and the number of injuries!
trentuniblue

Postby bluebird58 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:54 pm

Jaguars for me. Love to support an underdog. Went to a game in Jacksonville in 2008 and have followed them ever since. Off to Wembley on thev24 th to watch them beat the Ravens.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby PhilStant » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:38 pm

Dolphins for me started watching it when Bonnie Tyler was blasting the theme tune to the C4 show and the Blues were in Hartlepool :twisted:
PhilStant

Postby trentuniblue » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:47 pm

Splottblue80 wrote:Redskins for me. Have been a huge fan since the 80s. These days it's NFL over football for me. Keeps me calmer than the footie. It's a great sport as the more you watch it the more you really appreciate how complex and intricate it really is

I know what you mean about the more you watch it. I went to watch the local American football team, South Wales Warriors in Llanharan a few weeks ago, and even that made me appreciate there is much more to the game then you see at first :thumbright:
trentuniblue

Return to General Chat