how will city manage with another long trip to sunderland

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby kimble » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:55 pm

according to Warnock the travelling has tired them...might as well send a different squad up to Sunderland then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kimble

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: how will city manage with another long trip to sunderlan

Postby Scoularfan » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:13 pm

Do they fly up ,if the don't and go by coach then it's no wonder they are tired it's a !on trip
Scoularfan

Postby dogfound » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:16 pm

Scoularfan wrote:Do they fly up ,if the don't and go by coach then it's no wonder they are tired it's a !on trip

a coach trip to Sunderland..knackering..
some see it others dont leave the house.
but yes fly i hope..as they should be for long ones.
dogfound

Postby davids » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:28 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bunch of fannies!

Have you seen the coach they travel in? :o It's not exactly a hardship travelling in such luxury. And they travel up the day before so they should be completely rested so there should be no excuse of being "tired" from all the travelling.

But not to worry - I'm certain they'll be flying up to the game. Hopefully it will be in a private jet so that they don't suffer jet lag or have to put up with travelling with the great unwashed!
davids

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:43 am

kimble wrote:according to Warnock the travelling has tired them...might as well send a different squad up to Sunderland then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The football league is so unkind making us have to play half our games away from home. They should make some of the other teams play away games as well instead of just picking on us all the time. ;)
Steve Zodiak

Postby Cantonblu » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:59 am

I'm beginning to wonder whether somebody is moving the city's and town's around on the British Isles all these places have never been an issue before,why now?
Cantonblu

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:53 am

Cantonblu wrote:I'm beginning to wonder whether somebody is moving the city's and town's around on the British Isles all these places have never been an issue before,why now?

Simple answer is we were running out of excuses for defeats. Forum users needed to start a book of excuses volume 2, and this seems to be a good one for starters. The ref will always be the favourite one, but nice to have a load of others to fall back on. The thing that will always be missing is the one where we were beaten by the better side.
Steve Zodiak

Postby nubbsy » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:14 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Cantonblu wrote:I'm beginning to wonder whether somebody is moving the city's and town's around on the British Isles all these places have never been an issue before,why now?

Simple answer is we were running out of excuses for defeats. Forum users needed to start a book of excuses volume 2, and this seems to be a good one for starters. The ref will always be the favourite one, but nice to have a load of others to fall back on. The thing that will always be missing is the one where we were beaten by the better side.

Actually Steve, it was Warnock that came up with this excuse not anyone from the forum!
nubbsy

Postby Penyfai Blue » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:37 am

davids wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bunch of fannies!

Have you seen the coach they travel in? :o It's not exactly a hardship travelling in such luxury. And they travel up the day before so they should be completely rested so there should be no excuse of being "tired" from all the travelling.

But not to worry - I'm certain they'll be flying up to the game. Hopefully it will be in a private jet so that they don't suffer jet lag or have to put up with travelling with the great unwashed!

Well said :thumbup:.

It's all part of the season, always has been. Players are way fitter and healthier than they were 30 years ago but you didn't here these excuses back then, they just got on with the game, usually after a skinful and a late night before. :old:
Penyfai Blue

Postby CardiffCityBlue » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:39 am

kimble wrote:according to Warnock the travelling has tired them...might as well send a different squad up to Sunderland then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tired ? Didn't look tired last night at the darts on the pop , tiredness is an excuse they train to be fit for it
CardiffCityBlue

Postby rumpo kid » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:43 am

There was a guy who played for City in the 30's, used to cycle from Cardiff to Ponty on a Saturday morning, do his shift underground, then cycle down to play In the afternoon.

He may have a case.
rumpo kid

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:01 am

Bit of a difference from last weekend doesn't anyone think? 700miles in 3 days compared to one off trip after a weeks break ? Completely different scenarios. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:17 am

They are flying up and staying in hotel

Their coach is going up with their bags
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:37 am

[quote="Forever Blue"]They are flying up and staying in hotel

Their coach is going up with their bags[/quote

Welll no tired excuses annis ! :laughing6: on serious note its not about being tired it's more to do with preparation players have routine after games doing 700 miles over 3 days totally disrupted them! Preston benefited bu5 2 home games plenty of time to prepare properly, Why do you think so many teams lose after playing on thurs in Europa league? No time to prepare for Sunday. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:34 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:They are flying up and staying in hotel

Welll no tired excuses annis ! :laughing6: on serious note its not about being tired it's more to do with preparation players have routine after games doing 700 miles over 3 days totally disrupted them! Preston benefited bu5 2 home games plenty of time to prepare properly, Why do you think so many teams lose after playing on thurs in Europa league? No time to prepare for Sunday. :old:

Allan, you're right! :thumbup:

Anyone who has travelled extensively at home or abroad will know that it is a tiring experience and (ironically) one of the main reasons for that is the relative inactivity of being sat down in the same place for hours on end.

As you rightly say, players have a routine and when preparations are disrupted (even by hours) it has an affect. There was a study that concluded this was one (not all) of the main reasons the 'home' side was usually at an advantage.

Modern football is getting wise to the downside/rigours of travel and things are now put in place to combat the effects of travelling. However, last week was an exceptional one (for travelling) and I don't anticipate similar issues at Sunderland, where City will have (a) flown up, and (b) had a week since their last game! :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:36 am

nubbsy wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Actually Steve, it was Warnock that came up with this excuse not anyone from the forum!

:lol:
Correct!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Fusilier23 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:23 am

its not as if they are driving themselves is it.

Comfy coaches, entertainment, food etc - as long as the trip is planned correctly they should arrive fresh to play attractive competitive football.

No travel excuses this time, plesae :ayatollah:
10/01/15
The day normality was restored
Back to Blue
Fusilier23

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:51 am

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Allan, you're right! :thumbup:

Anyone who has travelled extensively at home or abroad will know that it is a tiring experience and (ironically) one of the main reasons for that is the relative inactivity of being sat down in the same place for hours on end.

As you rightly say, players have a routine and when preparations are disrupted (even by hours) it has an affect. There was a study that concluded this was one (not all) of the main reasons the 'home' side was usually at an advantage.

Modern football is getting wise to the downside/rigours of travel and things are now put in place to combat the effects of travelling. However, last week was an exceptional one (for travelling) and I don't anticipate similar issues at Sunderland, where City will have (a) flown up, and (b) had a week since their last game! :ayatollah:

People think just because tbey travel in comfort and are pampered doing physical activity twice in 3 days without proper preparation is not a problem? There is no comparison to years gone by as game is faster so more strain on joints, ever wonder why so many cruciate injuries compared to past 15+ years or so? If NW said it was through lack of preparation no problem maybe thats what he meant?
pembroke allan

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:59 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

:lol:
Correct!

It was Warnock who said it. And how quick did lots on here jump on that quote. It was like xmas came early. A brilliant new excuse for a heavy defeat, and one that can be added to our book of excuses. If we lose to Sunderland, we already know why in advance. Either the ref or the naughty football league for making us have to play so far away from Cardiff.
Steve Zodiak

Postby WelshPatriot » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:04 pm

Within 3 days They travelled over 700 miles playing 2 games.

Now I'll assume many of the posters above don't travel much with work.

Let me assure you traveling can take it out of you, even simple things like sleeping away over 2 nights and not properly sleeping as you may at home.
WelshPatriot

Postby dogfound » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:16 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

The football league is so unkind making us have to play half our games away from home. They should make some of the other teams play away games as well instead of just picking on us all the time. ;)

the point is not an excuse for Cardiff..just medical and scientific fact..
seen plenty ridicule..and plenty that seem to think because they are well paid it should make a difference , as if they are human juke boxes put tenbob in and get energy out.i am yet to see anyone say travelling doesnt make you tired.let alone anything to back that up..{not talking shattered,just enough to take the pep out of you.}
seen plenty suggest the players have never been so fit..which of course applies to opponents and if anything makes the effect worse.
and ive seen we used to travel all over europe..without then checking the results when we returned.
anyway our manager thinks it..our coaching staff think it..all other pro managers think it and are taught it on UEFA coarses..
but 4 or 5 posters on here think it hilarious.... :lol: :lol: :lol: ...
i think ill change my mind and go back to being the dog that you cant teach new tricks..
dogfound

Postby dogfound » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:28 pm

the answer is .sports scientists analyse the game more now than ever..and if open minded you learn from it..players diets have changed..training has changed..way of life has changed..even tactics have changed all by a better understanding of how the body works..
50 years ago many players smoked..ate crap..were less fit..and got pissed 4 nights a week...im sure there were some steve zodiac/canton blu/kemble charectors at the time confused at those changes too.
dogfound

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:43 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

:lol: :lol: :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:53 pm

dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

seen plenty ridicule..and plenty that seem to think because they are well paid it should make a difference , as if they are human juke boxes put tenbob in and get energy out.i am yet to see anyone say travelling doesnt make you tired.let alone anything to back that up..{not talking shattered,just enough to take the pep out of you.}
seen plenty suggest the players have never been so fit..which of course applies to opponents and if anything makes the effect worse.
and ive seen we used to travel all over europe..without then checking the results when we returned.
anyway our manager thinks it..our coaching staff think it..all other pro managers think it and are taught it on UEFA coarses..
i think ill change my mind and go back to being the dog that you cant teach new tricks..

If it is all medical and scientific fact, is there any point in us travelling to Sunderland which is over 300 miles away.
Steve Zodiak

Postby dogfound » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:43 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

If it is all medical and scientific fact, is there any point in us travelling to Sunderland which is over 300 miles away.

of course there is a point ...but id imagine they will fly and spend at least 1 night in a hotel...which i think should have been the case at Preston...
its a case of taking sensible ideas on board and acting on them to try and counter disadvantages.
playing away is a proved disadvantage..travelling must be a part of that disadvantage surely..?
people have brought up the luxury coach and at same time ridiculed travelling as having an effect...so why bother..just stick them in the back of Dickies transit and save a grand or 2...
dogfound

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:32 pm

dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

of course there is a point ...but id imagine they will fly and spend at least 1 night in a hotel...which i think should have been the case at Preston...
its a case of taking sensible ideas on board and acting on them to try and counter disadvantages.
playing away is a proved disadvantage..travelling must be a part of that disadvantage surely..?
people have brought up the luxury coach and at same time ridiculed travelling as having an effect...so why bother..just stick them in the back of Dickies transit and save a grand or 2...

Like I am sure you have, I have read plenty of the papers regarding sports psychology and nutrition, mainly the ones studied at Uni of S Wales in Treforest, and as these are such popular courses, I have no doubt that there are quite a few on this forum who have completed the various courses and passed exams (not me). I am sure that there are plenty of us on here who have read some of the numerous books regarding these sort of studies. While travel is one of the factors taken into account as to why home teams always seem to be at an advantage, the general opinion is that the more time zones you travel through, the less effective you become as an athlete. Travel in the UK is not considered to be one of the main reasons for home advantage. After all, when compared to most countries, England is extremely small in area, and it is impossible to have a journey of any great significance in a country of our size. Most studies I have read talk about the additional stress for each time zone you have passed through in order to compete. The most time I spent on a bus to play an away game was three and a half hours, and it had little effect if any on the way we felt or played. I know this is not a huge amount of travel time, but the buses we used were nowhere as luxurious as the buses these professional teams have at their disposal.
Steve Zodiak

Postby dogfound » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:49 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Like I am sure you have, I have read plenty of the papers regarding sports psychology and nutrition, mainly the ones studied at Uni of S Wales in Treforest, and as these are such popular courses, I have no doubt that there are quite a few on this forum who have completed the various courses and passed exams (not me). I am sure that there are plenty of us on here who have read some of the numerous books regarding these sort of studies. While travel is one of the factors taken into account as to why home teams always seem to be at an advantage, the general opinion is that the more time zones you travel through, the less effective you become as an athlete. Travel in the UK is not considered to be one of the main reasons for home advantage. After all, when compared to most countries, England is extremely small in area, and it is impossible to have a journey of any great significance in a country of our size. Most studies I have read talk about the additional stress for each time zone you have passed through in order to compete. The most time I spent on a bus to play an away game was three and a half hours, and it had little effect if any on the way we felt or played. I know this is not a huge amount of travel time, but the buses we used were nowhere as luxurious as the buses these professional teams have at their disposal.

when i first heard the travel reason and infact the recovery time inbetween games reason for below par performances, like you i put it down to volume 2 paragraph 6 of the encycopedia of excuses.. and like you my views were based on personal experiences...as a teenager/young adult we could play every night and travelling relatively short distances seemingly took no toll.....but i wasnt a 21st century pro where everything is geared to maximise performance over 90 minutes, in my mind i always gave 100% but my 100% 30 odd years ago is nowhere near whats required at this level in todays game..back in the day we had no real education regarding importance of prep..at least i didnt..
science has stepped in and its not just the new young coaches accepting the importance of things like this anymore its old school managers like NW..who id bet my right arm has at some point in his past also laughed off these reasons as not holding water...but does now see it.. although there are no time zones involved travelling is tiring.
my point is that what NW said makes sense and is valid...not that we were hard done by ,as i said in another thread Sheff Utd might have also been fatigued when playing down here under similar circumstance so it evens itself out..
dogfound

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:29 pm

dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

when i first heard the travel reason and infact the recovery time inbetween games reason for below par performances, like you i put it down to volume 2 paragraph 6 of the encycopedia of excuses.. and like you my views were based on personal experiences...as a teenager/young adult we could play every night and travelling relatively short distances seemingly took no toll.....but i wasnt a 21st century pro where everything is geared to maximise performance over 90 minutes, in my mind i always gave 100% but my 100% 30 odd years ago is nowhere near whats required at this level in todays game..back in the day we had no real education regarding importance of prep..at least i didnt..
science has stepped in and its not just the new young coaches accepting the importance of things like this anymore its old school managers like NW..who id bet my right arm has at some point in his past also laughed off these reasons as not holding water...but does now see it.. although there are no time zones involved travelling is tiring.
my point is that what NW said makes sense and is valid...not that we were hard done by ,as i said in another thread Sheff Utd might have also been fatigued when playing down here under similar circumstance so it evens itself out..

Fingers crossed for the Sunderland trip. An away win would be good, but I would be reasonably satisfied with a point. Only a matter of time before they start climbing the table. I'm going for 2-2. :bluescarf:
Steve Zodiak

Postby dogfound » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:35 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Fingers crossed for the Sunderland trip. An away win would be good, but I would be reasonably satisfied with a point. Only a matter of time before they start climbing the table. I'm going for 2-2. :bluescarf:

fiver on 2 each it is then... :thumbup: :bluescarf:
dogfound

Postby llan bluebird » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:57 pm

Our heavily salaried pampered princesses are playing other heavily salaried pampered princesses at football, not working on the line at Warburtons. If the journey takes 5% out of them more than the opposition it's likely we'll lose.

That is why we must negate any disadvantages. Gunnar toured Europe two weeks ago, trained with the national team and played two more games than Ralls, Damour,Tomlin or Bryson. Kenny also flew back to Denmark, OK only a hour or so, but an hour or so more than Wardy.

This league is about margins.
llan bluebird

Next

Return to General Chat