Neil Warnock - Talk Sport this morning

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Salty68 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:17 am

Another honest and frank interview on the Sports Breakfast show. Praise for the owner and chairman in holding onto to our best players.

Our goal is to be in the mix (top 6) come Christmas and hang in there. Anything is possible in the play offs. However, if we are out of contention then the sale of KZ will be considered.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=188259
Salty68

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Neil Warnock - Talk Sport this morning

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:00 pm

Neil Warnock has told The Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast on talkSPORT (broadcast on 19th September 2017; 8:13 am) that he suggested to the Cardiff owners in the summer that rather than sell Kenneth Zohore during that window, they should wait until Christmas time and wait and see if they are in the promotion race in the Championship.

Zohore enjoyed an excellent season last term for the Bluebirds, scoring 12 times and contributing five assists in the league, and that form attracted Everton's attention, with BBC Sport reporting that the Toffees had an enquiry rejected in the final days of the window.
TopCat CCFC

Postby davids » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:22 am

After starting the season with five wins out of five with some excellent performances against some decent teams I would have hoped that he would be a little bit more positive about what we could achieve this season.

Seems to be trying to dampen expectations and lessen the pressure on himself and the team as much as possible.

Hopefully behind closed doors he's being a bit more positive with the players and challenging them to prove they are good enough to get automatic promotion rather than just being satisfied with aiming for the play-offs.

If he's serious about another promotion then surely he'll realise that the best chance is to be in the top two at the end of the season rather than rely on getting through the play-offs?
davids

Postby JimmyJazz » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:22 am

davids wrote:After starting the season with five wins out of five with some excellent performances against some decent teams I would have hoped that he would be a little bit more positive about what we could achieve this season.

Seems to be trying to dampen expectations and lessen the pressure on himself and the team as much as possible.

Hopefully behind closed doors he's being a bit more positive with the players and challenging them to prove they are good enough to get automatic promotion rather than just being satisfied with aiming for the play-offs.

If he's serious about another promotion then surely he'll realise that the best chance is to be in the top two at the end of the season rather than rely on getting through the play-offs?

I think this is more a case of 'under-promising and over-delivering' to use a forecasting term - I think what he says is sensible at this stage of the season. Even when we were top at Christmas I recall Malky never said publicly we were nailed on to get promoted, although stats showed that 9 times out of 10 the top team at Christmas gets auto promotion.
My father missed the cup final in 1927 as my grandad only had 2 tickets, and my Dad had an older brother!
JimmyJazz

Return to General Chat