BREAKING SKY SPORTS: " CHRIS COLEMAN / GARETH BALE AND "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:31 am

BREAKING SKY SPORTS NEWS: Gareth Bale and other senior players met with Chris Coleman last night urging him to stay on as Wales manager,they spoke for nearly an hour - Sky Sports
Attachments
Chris Coleman.jpeg
Chris Coleman.jpeg (28.01 KiB) Viewed 7506 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: BREAKING SKY SPORTS: " CHRIS COLEMAN / GARETH BALE AND "

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:41 am

Hope he stays on..not a great campaign but only 1 defeat could have been so much better

Will learn from his mistakes..all the squad should still be around for another 2 years and 3/4 hugely promising youngsters coming through..huge chance to qualify for next Euros
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby llan bluebird » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:51 am

So we beat

Georgia (A) ranked 93rd
Austria (H) ranked 57th
Moldova home and away 156th

I have never known players to publically not to appeal for a manager to stay.

Time to move on
llan bluebird

Postby caerblue » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:21 pm

Never rated Coleman,didn't think he would get us to qualify for any tournament,but he proved me wrong,we should have qualified this time around as well,because it was a very poor group,Ireland were very poor last night,Wales just lumping high balls into the box,was easy for their centre half,and Woodbury was out wide most of the time he was on,would say it was time for Coleman to move on,but who is there to replace him??,faw won't pay the high wages the top managers want,so be interesting to see what develops
caerblue

Postby since64 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:28 pm

Short memories some of you,or is it the modern way to deal with disappointment or maybe it’s the years of success you’ve experienced through watching the City :lol:
since64

Postby Sven » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:30 pm

llan bluebird wrote:So we beat

Georgia (A) ranked 93rd
Austria (H) ranked 57th

Time to move on

There was a time (not so long ago) when Wales were ranked amongst those teams you so readily mock, fella and I wonder what you'd be saying right now had Wales progressed to the next stage? Probably already planning your trip to Russia to watch "your" team! ;)

Lots of 'Negativo' bandwagon jumpers on here today, as expected! :roll:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Mr Shed » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:07 pm

He needs to stay.

The players love and trust him

He enjoys it.

We're still good (last night couldve gone either way)

The cup of nations is a completely different kettle of fish so we need the stability.

The options touted for a replacement are awful at best.

4 more years please Cookie.
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

*Insert Name here* BARMY ARMY!!!!!
Mr Shed

Postby mallo » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:33 pm

What other choices are there ryan giggs -craig Bellamy - Andy legg - ?
Mallo

Will Always be blue !
mallo

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:18 pm

Sven wrote:

Georgia (A) ranked 93rd
Austria (H) ranked 57th

Time to move on

There was a time (not so long ago) when Wales were ranked amongst those teams you so readily mock, fella and I wonder what you'd be saying right now had Wales progressed to the next stage? Probably already planning your trip to Russia to watch "your" team! ;)

Yes Sven!! I'm guessing the ones moaning aren't the ones who have watched us get hammered for years and years.

WIN LOSE OR DRAW... :thumbright:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Sven » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:30 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Georgia (A) ranked 93rd
Austria (H) ranked 57th

Time to move on

Yes Sven!! I'm guessing the ones moaning aren't the ones who have watched us get hammered for years and years.

I'm not a great fan of international football but I fully respect the people I know who have followed Wales through thick and (mainly) thin :thumbup: :clap:

Sadly, as a currently successful City are showing, the modern trend is for 'bandwagon jumping' regardless of the sport or event. There is a huge difference between a 'fan' (someone who merely likes) and a 'supporter' (someone who commits to) and if you listen to many on here there were at least 20k who attended City games 'back in the day' when only 4k ever turned up! :laughing6: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby castleblue » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:38 pm

I like many was disappointed with the result last night but I can honestly say I never thought about replacing Chris Coleman, not for a single second, because despite failing to qualify I believe overall it wasn't a bad qualifying campaign.

Last night Ireland set out to destroy any hope of an entertaining football match with a typically negative Martin O'Neill game plan, and it worked for them. Their plan was helped by taking Joe Allen out of the game and having already lost Bale our lack of depth in the squad was found out.

Think back 20 years to the 1998 World Cup Qualifying when we finished 4th in a group of 5, this despite having players like Southall, Hughes, Giggs, Saunders, Hartson, Savage, Speed, Pembridge, compare that group to what Coleman has had to work with. In the 1998 qualifying the only games we won were San Marino Home and Away.

Our best players, except maybe Ashley Williams, still have another WC campaign in them and the younger members of the squad like Ben Davies, Tom Lawrence and Woodburn are just going to get better.

All we need is the right man in charge and for me that is Chris Coleman.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby theclaw » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:48 pm

The bottom line is he has stated he doesn’t want the job.I hope it doesn’t start into if no club job comes up then I’ll stay.
theclaw

Postby llan bluebird » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:46 pm

Sven wrote:

Georgia (A) ranked 93rd
Austria (H) ranked 57th

Time to move on

:laughing6: Not a "negativo" just a "don't give a tosso" (dangerous word). Never went to France nor would i have travelled to Russia.

Yes we were once crap and i still watched us (even the Vetch :pukeleft:) but Cardiff City are my team, Wales is my country of birth. I want us to do well both city and Wales, but i when city lose even with so many more games i sulk, yesterday i flicked onto sky and watched "liar" with my Mrs.

IMO Coleman is a modern day relic. Lots of slow,go nowhere short passes are currently envogue but few teams can get away it, we see this every week, set up correctly then beat them with only 40% of possession

Bale,Rambo and Allen were on fire last summer, but we only ever looked good against better teams and if you are ranked 13 there aren't that many :occasion5: Coleman's very defensive catch them on the break system didn't really have an answer for equally defensive teams.

Pullis all the way for me....
llan bluebird

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:31 pm

Sven wrote:

Georgia (A) ranked 93rd
Austria (H) ranked 57th

Time to move on

You guess wrong then ive seen every last gasp game since the 70s "Yugoslavia" and i think he should go his tactics cost us this campaign and cannot see him changing his philosophy now? Also he does not like playing friendly games so how are youngsters going to get game time? Record is good but this campaign he got it totally wrong. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby valleyrambill » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:36 pm

Coleman was out witted last night and against England in the euros too he not a great manager but the players clearly like him if this story is true.

However a few players were gutless last night and didn't show me they wanted to play for wales they let us down and they let Chris Coleman down last night and a few other games too
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby DandoCCFC » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:53 pm

In order for Coleman to keep us being competitive he needs to change the style and formation... I really think Wales need to try and find a way to use wingers.. I think we have been found out and a lot of silly goals we conceded was down to crosses from the wing.. Georgia and Serbia home spring to mind.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:14 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:In order for Coleman to keep us being competitive he needs to change the style and formation... I really think Wales need to try and find a way to use wingers.. I think we have been found out and a lot of silly goals we conceded was down to crosses from the wing.. Georgia and Serbia home spring to mind.

Is he capable of changing? Last night everyone could see what ire were doing ! I said Williams got a mistake in him in 1st half, so why did he persist in playing tip tap footy from back when ire were pressuring back line? Ultimately plan worked and we conceded, Hennessey at fault but then only doing what told. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby DandoCCFC » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:11 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:In order for Coleman to keep us being competitive he needs to change the style and formation... I really think Wales need to try and find a way to use wingers.. I think we have been found out and a lot of silly goals we conceded was down to crosses from the wing.. Georgia and Serbia home spring to mind.

Is he capable of changing? Last night everyone could see what ire were doing ! I said Williams got a mistake in him in 1st half, so why did he persist in playing tip tap footy from back when ire were pressuring back line? Ultimately plan worked and we conceded, Hennessey at fault but then only doing what told. :old:

I know I never been the biggest fan of Williams to some on here but he didn't look comfortable on the ball and didn't even look like he wanted the ball and was scared to have it in case he made a mistake.. and this guy is our captain?

I feel like he was too far in the deep end to change it.. last night we lacked risk takers and all through the campaign in the games I watched we lacked risk rakers.. always doing the 'right' thing.. Ben Woodburn v Austria was one of the few things I seen where I seen one of our players taking risk.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby nubbsy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:06 pm

I for one hope he stays. We've had top talent in the past and not got anywhere near what Coleman has achieved.
nubbsy

Postby bluemun » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:22 pm

Hope he does stay, even though I believe he was totally out-foxed by O'Neill. He also made the mistake of bringing on Williams rather than Woodburn....or even Brooks! Johnny tries hard, but no end product at all.
I think Coleman has done much better than I expected, but if n. Ireland can qualify.....
bluemun

Postby WelshPatriot » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:08 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:

Georgia (A) ranked 93rd
Austria (H) ranked 57th

Time to move on

You guess wrong then ive seen every last gasp game since the 70s "Yugoslavia" and i think he should go his tactics cost us this campaign and cannot see him changing his philosophy now? Also he does not like playing friendly games so how are youngsters going to get game time? Record is good but this campaign he got it totally wrong. :old:

Lol I do like a tactical genius fan. He doesn't like friendly's? He's got one next month and is governed by FIFA and his employers the FAW on that particular matter.

Got it totally wrong? We missed playoffs by 1 goal. Totally wrong my ass.

You say you've followed Wales since 70s can I just say you seem to have forgotten what our squad is capable of.

We have 1 worldclass player presently, 2 top premiership players yet you believe we should have somehow walked through qualification.

I think the euros may have blinded you to exactly what Coleman has to work with.
WelshPatriot

Postby WelshPatriot » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:12 am

valleyrambill wrote:Coleman was out witted last night and against England in the euros too he not a great manager but the players clearly like him if this story is true.

However a few players were gutless last night and didn't show me they wanted to play for wales they let us down and they let Chris Coleman down last night and a few other games too

Outwitted? He lost our one world class player to injury 3 days before the game, then lost our key play maker in the first half. Cut him some slack oh wise one.

Outwitted by England? You mean the game where we took the lead and lost to a last seconds goal ininjury time? Yeah OK.
WelshPatriot

Return to General Chat