New Captain and CB for Wales?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:43 pm

Here is something I've been wondering if Ashley Williams does retire and that could be soon as he seems to have dropped a lot this season with Everton and he is 33 going on 34 by the next time we start a qualifying campaign who will be our new CB?, as we don't seem to have a wealth of options there and who will be the new captain of Wales? my 3 choices would probably be Bale, Ramsey or Gunter. Bale is almost everything for Wales and always shows up even if he is not playing for Madrid, Ramsey has matured massively in the last 3-4 years and always steps up in big games and leads the team when Bale doesn't play, and Gunter hasn't missed a game in something like 6-7 years and has shown up to every Wales game even when we have been pi** poor and played in front of 8,000 fans and that's the type of personality that should be captain.
Bluebird Warrior

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: New Captain and CB for Wales?

Postby Xenonbluebird » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:37 pm

I would also like to see a change in goalie! Maybe Chris Maxwell from Preston should be given a go for his good performances lately!
Xenonbluebird

Postby stickywicket » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:48 pm

New CB name please ?
OK a mistake was made,Truth is we didnt look like scoring
stickywicket

Postby DandoCCFC » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:11 pm

Williams shouldn't be captain but should still be involved.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:29 pm

stickywicket wrote:New CB name please ?
OK a mistake was made,Truth is we didnt look like scoring

Yeah that's what I'm asking because Williams will probably retire soon or at least in the next 2-3 years so who have we got that will take over as its not a position we seem to be strong in and I genuinely don't know any CB's apart from Williams, Chester and Lynch.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:28 pm

Ethan Ampadu.

With us failing to qualify, now will be a great time to throw him in against the big nations who will be wanting to play us in warm up friendlies for the World Cup.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby phildavies » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:37 pm

Gunter for next captain for me.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby wez1927 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:25 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Ethan Ampadu.

With us failing to qualify, now will be a great time to throw him in against the big nations who will be wanting to play us in warm up friendlies for the World Cup.

agree
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Return to General Chat