' This is the Key Battle that will decide Fridays Result '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:04 am

£4.5M-RATED CARDIFF ACE V £1.8M-RATED BIRMINGHAM STAR:

THIS IS THE KEY BATTLE THAT WILL DETERMINE FRIDAY’S RESULT

11th October 2017

by: George Dagless

The Championship is back this weekend and Birmingham City fans are probably not looking forward to their game against Cardiff City on Friday night.

The men from St. Andrew’s are not in good form after losing 6-1 last time out at Hull City and a visit from the league leaders is not what Steve Cotterill would have wanted as his first game in the dugout.

Neil Warnock, meanwhile, is probably itching to get going again with his side in such good form and he’ll have been thinking all through the international break about how to get another three points.

We’ve been thinking about where it’ll be decided, too, and Harlee Dean’s battle with Kenneth Zohore could prove pivotal.

Rated at £1.8m by transfermarkt, Dean was signed by Birmingham City in the summer with a view to him helping shore up the Blues’ defence.

So far, though, that hasn’t really worked but there is always another chance to improve and what better game to get your focus back than against the league leaders?

Rated at £4.5m by transfermarkt, Kenneth Zohore started slowly this season but is finding form now and will surely be confident at the prospect of facing a leaky Birmingham defence.

Both men, then, have a point to prove in this one with Dean wanting to show it was right to sign him and Zohore looking to continue his recent form and whoever wins out will surely help their side to a big three points.
Attachments
53649B5C-2D9D-4BD6-B691-0EE7C6D47B93.jpeg
53649B5C-2D9D-4BD6-B691-0EE7C6D47B93.jpeg (144.2 KiB) Viewed 1380 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' This is the Key Battle that will decide Fridays Result

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:02 am

£4.5m? I have heared of deflation but £14m devalue on ken since aug is a bit much! :o
pembroke allan

Postby nubbsy » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:48 am

pembroke allan wrote:£4.5m? I have heared of deflation but £14m devalue on ken since aug is a bit much! :o

Prehaps on current form this one time transfer market were closer to the fair valuation than our bidders
nubbsy

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:51 am

nubbsy wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:£4.5m? I have heared of deflation but £14m devalue on ken since aug is a bit much! :o

Prehaps on current form this one time transfer market were closer to the fair valuation than our bidders

Well did think over priced so £5m bottom of price bracket! But average season will see is price tag rise to around £10m
pembroke allan

Postby bluebird58 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:28 pm

This time last year we were in the same position as Birmingham and brought a new manager in during the international break, we came back and played like a completely different team against Bristol City. Let’s hope Brum don’t do the same ( although Cotterill is no Warnock, decent manager that he is)
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Return to General Chat