Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

My View: " Steve Cotterill "

Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:00 am

My View Steve Cotterill

He is a very high strung and intense person.

I actually like Steve Cotterill. unless one team SURRENDERS there will be a few yellow and maybe a red card.

The Manager : Steve Cotterill. WE ARE HIS 1ST GAME IN CHARGE. He is a feet on the ground , no non-sense , aggressive, motivational type of manager. He is a poor (to average) Warnock type - but not as good technically, recruitment wise or as a motivator.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: My View: " Steve Cotterill "

Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:26 pm

Steve Cotterill has described his players' response in training as ‘excellent’ and says they are in good spirits ahead of his first game in charge against Cardiff City.

Cotterill has had just under two weeks to work with his squad since taking over as First Team Manager.

And he has wasted no time in trying to instil a sense of positivity amongst them, despite their current league predicament.

“I am happy with their response for sure,” said the Blues boss.

“If you saw them on the training ground this morning, I wouldn't say they were like that at the beginning part of last week. But probably the less said about that the better.

“They have been excellent, they really have. They are in good spirits, we got a lot of work done last week and a fair bit done this week as well.”

In terms of changes to the training regime, Cotterill said he has been examining every aspect of it.

“We have looked at all aspects of trying to get a successful football team together,” he continued.

“Probably every aspect that you could mention we have tried to cram in this last two weeks.

“It's all about positivity. We have been positive from the word go on the Monday morning when I started after Hull City.
“It has all been about going forward, rather than wasting time on a lot of the negatives, I think you are better suited doing that.

“That's what I have tried to do, focus on all the positives and the good things that we have got going for us rather than dragging up the negatives that will be banded about and being 22nd in the table.”

Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:57 am

Nice guy been to most of our games this season and last season, always in the Costa very approachable.

Don't think there's much he doesn't know about our team and the way we play.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:45 am

Llantwit Blue wrote:Nice guy been to most of our games this season and last season, always in the Costa very approachable.

Don't think there's much he doesn't know about our team and the way we play.

I think your spot on there Mark :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: