" TWO BIG DECISIONS TO BE MADE "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:17 pm

Disappointing night last night but we now need to look to the future and there are 2 big decisions to be made.

Firstly Chris Coleman needs to decide his future urgently. He has always said this will be his last campaign but either he is staying or not. If he decides to go the sooner the better to allow the new manager time to get his ideas over before the Euro campaign.

As far as Ashley Williams is concerned I believe it is time to replace him. This has nothing to do with his mistake but he will be 34 at the start of the campaign and less than 2 months short of his 36th birthday if we get to the finals. A I said previously Swansea were 100% right to sell him. His performances have been in decline for at least the last 2 years and it is showing this season with Everton. It is going to take a very brave manager to do it but I believe it is essential for the future. Similarly with James Collins.

The big issue is who to replace him with but clearly he will only get slower as he gets older.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " TWO BIG DECISIONS TO BE MADE "

Postby pezza4646 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:25 pm

It was Hennessys fault..too slow.....we lost shape when Allen Got Done
Agree though about Quick decision & ages
pezza4646

Postby Steve since 62 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:04 pm

Ashley Williams has been outstanding In this campaign and is not to old in this day and age he is not the only one who hasn't been great for Everton that 50 million wonder boy hasn't actually set the world on fire
Steve since 62

Postby cardiff 74 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:06 pm

We come to an end of an era where we reached the euros semi final which put us back on the map and missed out on the play offs to try and qualifie for the World Cup but I do think know that it's time to start making changes certain players have to go and we must start to bring the next crop through there are friendlies coming so this will the right time to bring them through hard decisions have got to be made chris Coleman must make his mind up if he staying or going so the rebuild can start on the playing side the nuclears of the side is there as I said earlier but we got to act fast
cardiff 74

Postby brickyblue » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:48 am

I think overall chris has done a good job brought us forward as a difficult team to beat with attractive football.
I would like him to stay personally but he needs to mix it up a bit vary the play.
It wasn't colemans fault that Hennessey passed that awful ball to williams who made a mess of it.It killed the game as did joe allen departure. No easy games in international football these days.I think if he stayed he personally needs to take his management to new levels tactically. Hes welsh hes passionate fans players like him could of been so different.
As for williams been such a loyal servant you cant knock him his switch to Everton hasnt worked out yet for him .He seemed to struggle mentally lacked confidence seemed at odds with himself.
Trouble is we just dont have an abundance of players to choose from which only proves what good a job coleman has done.
I cant remember ever being in the top 15 or being above England in world rankings.
If coleman goes it will be difficult to carry on the momentum.
Id like him to stay.
brickyblue

Postby cardiff 74 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:26 pm

I agree with you're post but I think he needs to make his mind up I think he should stay there's alway another level in international football to aim for I'm sure we can get to another major final whether it's euros or World Cup as you said he's Welsh and we all identify with him
cardiff 74

Postby SwampCCFC » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:45 pm

it's straightforward on coleman - he needs to go. the FAW probably want to keep him to keep things as they are, but we need to give someone else a go now. three campaigns is plenty of time and he has had his chance.

williams had a poor game v ireland. he has been poor for everton too. ramsey should replace him as captain. i wouldn't rule williams out of playing a part in future as there isn't really an obvious replacement.
SwampCCFC

Postby DandoCCFC » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:01 pm

If anyone watched that game Monday night and thought Ashley Williams is the right person to captain this team needs their heads checked.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby epping blue » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:16 pm

I blame just about everyone for that goal on Monday. It was only a matter of time before we caught out with suicidal distribution from Hennessey and there were plenty who should of put a stop to it. The Irish identified it as a weakness and targeted it. You cant pass out to our defenders in a couple of yards of space, they're not Franz Beckenbauer.
epping blue

Return to General Chat