Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Steve Cotterill on Neil Warnock "

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:26 am

" Steve Cotterill on Neil Warnock "

Two very experienced managers lock horns in the St Andrews dug-out on Friday night. Steve Cotterill has been speaking about his opposite number Warnock:

'His desire has made him a consistent success, he has just kept going. You have to have the desire levels and hunger levels there, if you haven’t got that you may as well pack up.But he’s got that. I think he spaces his time out well through the week, from what I gather.I think he’s got trusted people he has with him, he has Ronnie [Jepson], he has Kev [Blackwell] with him. I think they’re trusted lieutenants for him. That is probably key for him. He has ended up getting a good staff around him. He went into a decent job mind. They were no mugs when he went in there."

"They might not have been winning or doing as well as they have done now, for sure. But they were no mugs, they weren’t in a bad situation, they just probably needed a little bit of rejigging. "

"I think it was Paul Trollope he took over from, Paul was only a young lad, maybe that job came for him a little bit too early in his career, because it’s a big club Cardiff. He’s done great with them, they have had a great start to the season."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.