Load of crap :old:
Bananas

Welsh rugby

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Welsh rugby

Postby theclaw » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:41 pm

Thousands of fans stuck outside and missed the kickoff.All the warnings this week about extra security checks and they still rock up late.
theclaw

Postby Bananas » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:46 pm

Because the egg fans generally are thick, most of them too pissed up to care. 13 defeats to Australia on the trot, awful. And it's not even a world sport. :old:
Bananas

Postby theclaw » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:14 pm

Bananas wrote:Because the egg fans generally are thick, most of them too pissed up to care. 13 defeats to Australia on the trot, awful. And it's not even a world sport. :old:

I always want Any Wales team to win so don’t get me wrong,but their just not as good as they think they are.Fans are embarrassing on the other hand.
theclaw

Postby dogfound » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:53 pm

theclaw wrote:Thousands of fans stuck outside and missed the kickoff.All the warnings this week about extra security checks and they still rock up late.

they are not used to going to live sporting events......be the same next game when a different 50k turn up
dogfound

Postby Bananas » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:48 pm

Empty seats, awful atmosphere, terrible playing service. Rugby truly is dying a slow painful death in Wales :old:
Bananas

Postby BrettyBluebird » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:25 am

Went today Curtosy of a free ticket but I seriously don't know how people call it a good atmosphere. Was absolutely dire today, yet people on the train on calls saying it was good, would love to bring them down to the CCS for a qualifier and see a proper atmosphere
BrettyBluebird

Postby murphy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:04 am

It just makes me cringe.

People go there in fancy dress and now nowt all about rugby.

We often here of the rugby players either getting arrested or beat up on nights out. Their just a bunch of thugs.

It's truly pathetic sport, that's why only popular in a measly 15 countries.
murphy

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:44 am

Dreading getting the train down for Brentford game from Neath on Saturday and then trying to get home again with all the rugby lot queuing at station :banghead: :banghead:
1980s Bluebird

Postby maccydee » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:24 am

Bananas wrote:Empty seats, awful atmosphere, terrible playing service. Rugby truly is dying a slow painful death in Wales :old:

Over 300,000 tickets sold for the 4 autumn internationals and all the six nation matches will be sold out. It’s hardly dying.
maccydee

Postby tcblue » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:25 am

Lots of people showing their inferiority complex here.

What a pointless thread moaning like a bunch of ninnies.

Always prefer football but let's see the crowd on Tuesday against Panama before you start spraying nonsense all over the place about empty seats and bad atmospheres.
tcblue

Postby Mr Potato » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:27 am

I actually watch both sports and whilst rugby is not for everyone, being able to have a beer in the stand and actually enjoy yourself without having to worry about upsetting some egotistical smacked up plum who has had a shandy prior to kick off is quite refreshing.

Unfortuanely international rugby does bring a lot of issues as people generally tend to go out for an all day session, club rugby though is very different. Not for everyone, but it is sociable, and you can have a good day out in town.

Yesterday's atmosphere however will have dampened by a lack of expectation and the fact it was a fairly inexperienced side on to a hiding to nothing, but were pleasantly surprised when despite losing had a lot to build on.
Mr Potato

Postby Willo Cardiff » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:10 pm

tcblue wrote:Lots of people showing their inferiority complex here.

What a pointless thread moaning like a bunch of ninnies.

Always prefer football but let's see the crowd on Tuesday against Panama before you start spraying nonsense all over the place about empty seats and bad atmospheres.

:thumbright:
Willo Cardiff

Postby dogfound » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:45 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bananas wrote:Empty seats, awful atmosphere, terrible playing service. Rugby truly is dying a slow painful death in Wales :old:

Over 300,000 tickets sold for the 4 autumn internationals and all the six nation matches will be sold out. It’s hardly dying.

all the above is true ..and not cheap either.
its not something i understand though.
dogfound

Postby llan bluebird » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:29 pm

I watch rugby, not my favourite sport but a lot of my mates are into it. I had a good day in the Village hotel yesterday though.

The WRU have done a brilliant job of wrestling control from the clubs (owners) to themselves at the expense of the club game. Wales is everyone's "club" nowadays, not their local team then the national team as it is in football. Wales is the team they support, there is no connection with the local scene except really local but you are talking 50 men and their whippets at best.

They are making some concessions trying to make the players stay in the four region (2 owned by the WRU) but the horse has bolted i am afraid. You need your best players playing at the highest level and the pro 14 isn't that, France and England is.

They sell most of their tickets even though i feel the price is pretty steep for South Wales, but the six nations and Autumn internationals is Royal Ascot for taffies (not trying to be derogatory) so a lot of people go for a game and go for it.

Football is different. I don't feel the same way about Wales football as Cardiff City. although i was really proud last summer (i didn't go)
llan bluebird

Postby dogfound » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:12 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I watch rugby, not my favourite sport but a lot of my mates are into it. I had a good day in the Village hotel yesterday though.

The WRU have done a brilliant job of wrestling control from the clubs (owners) to themselves at the expense of the club game. Wales is everyone's "club" nowadays, not their local team then the national team as it is in football. Wales is the team they support, there is no connection with the local scene except really local but you are talking 50 men and their whippets at best.

They are making some concessions trying to make the players stay in the four region (2 owned by the WRU) but the horse has bolted i am afraid. You need your best players playing at the highest level and the pro 14 isn't that, France and England is.

They sell most of their tickets even though i feel the price is pretty steep for South Wales, but the six nations and Autumn internationals is Royal Ascot for taffies (not trying to be derogatory) so a lot of people go for a game and go for it.

Football is different. I don't feel the same way about Wales football as Cardiff City. although i was really proud last summer (i didn't go)

300,000 expensive tickets sold for the Autumn internationals , mostly to people who live in South Wales..this must effect our crowds..?
dogfound

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:48 pm

empty as fans couldnt get in because of security! apparently 68k tickets sold :o
pembroke allan

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:12 am

Good, Absolute rubbish. Ban it I say :wave:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby rhondda 1015 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:10 pm

maccydee wrote:

Local Rugby is thriving as well, I went to see the derby between Ystrad Rhondda v Treorchy last week, approx 500 there! Great day out as well.
VALLEY LEAFLETS, TONYPANDY,RCT--A RELIABLE DISTRIBUTION SERVICE FOR YOUR LEAFLETS/BUSINESS CARDS/BROCHURES ETC...

SECOND TIME AROUND
RECORD SHOP
TONYPANDY
RCT
CF40 1QD
rhondda 1015

Postby RV Casual » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:16 pm

I am one of those that is a fan of both sports, I was lucky enough to go to the Wales vs England game in the Six Nations this year and the atmosphere was not as good as a full house at the CCS for a Wales Football Match, I was quite shocked how poor it was, great game though I do like Rugby on a par with Football personally.
RV Casual

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:09 pm

dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Two things wrong with statement? Georgia not sold out Aust wasn't either! stadium capacity is 74k max that is less than 300k if all games sold out :o
pembroke allan

Postby WelshPatriot » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:29 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Two things wrong with statement? Georgia not sold out Aust wasn't either! stadium capacity is 74k max that is less than 300k if all games sold out :o

It was 3000 short of sell out, 71000 tickets bought....you my friend are nitpicking.
WelshPatriot

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:06 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:

It was 3000 short of sell out, 71000 tickets bought....you my friend are nitpicking.

Maybe so but i get enough posts correcting what i say so just thought put a correction in a post for a change :occasion5:
pembroke allan

Postby Bananas » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:58 pm

Another famous result today against the mighty Georgia in front of a very quiet crowd with absolutely no atmosphere. On the train earlier with some of these rugby tourists and they are clueless regarding any sport. RIP Welsh egg
Bananas

Postby RV Casual » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:07 pm

Bananas wrote:Another famous result today against the mighty Georgia in front of a very quiet crowd with absolutely no atmosphere. On the train earlier with some of these rugby tourists and they are clueless regarding any sport. RIP Welsh egg

Are you serious? They just won in front of 50,000+ for a friendly.

In Football, we have just drawn with Panama in from of 13,500 and our manager has quit to go to a Club bottom of the Championship.

Give your head a wobble man, if its RIP Welsh Egg what does that make Welsh Football? I dream of the day Welsh Football can pull in 50,000 plus crowds regularly for friendlies against the likes of Albania, which is what Georgia probably are in Rugby terms being generous.
RV Casual

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:14 pm

Bananas wrote:Another famous result today against the mighty Georgia in front of a very quiet crowd with absolutely no atmosphere. On the train earlier with some of these rugby tourists and they are clueless regarding any sport. RIP Welsh egg

Around 120,000 for two Autumn friendlies. How many friendlies would the football team have to play to get that figure, particularly as one of those teams were on a par with Malta in footballing terms.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Bananas » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:19 pm

I would rather have 10,000 passionate Welsh football fans than 100,000 rugby tourists. No atmosphere, tourists back and fore to get more beer during the game. It's cringeworthy, all of it.
Bananas

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:31 pm

Bananas wrote:I would rather have 10,000 passionate Welsh football fans than 100,000 rugby tourists. No atmosphere, tourists back and fore to get more beer during the game. It's cringeworthy, all of it.

100% Agree :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Rugby fans are worse than some of our Glory hunters, oops hang on, some of them are rugby fans :evil:

I have hated rugby since the days I watched City in 1972 :bluebird: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby dogfound » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:55 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
maccydee wrote:

2 things?
looks like 1 that youve managed to split in half from here..
but ok..roughly 300k tickets sold...
dogfound

Postby davids » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:28 am

Apparently there was some confusion at the end about substitutions and scrums. I wonder how many "fans" in the stadium had any idea what was going on? Rugby Union must have some of the most difficult rules of any sport which help to confuse a game which is rarely a great spectacle anyway.

Was it last season that a game overran by about 15 minutes because they kept having to have the same scrum again and again? what was that all about? :?:

Substitutes running on and off the pitch, players who've gone off coming back on, and players who've come in going back off! How on earth do they keep track of who's on the pitch at any one time?

You can push in the scrum. you can't push in the scrum. As a sport it's too bloody complicated to be enjoyable. As a social gathering for people who have no real interest in rugby at all, it's unsurpassed.
davids

Next

Return to General Chat