' Ethan Ampadu will he commit? '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:52 am

Wales remain convinced that Chelsea midfielder Ethan Ampadu will commit his senior international future to them despite his eligibility for England and reputation as one of the best teenage prospects in Britain (Telegraph)
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Ethan Ampadu will he commit? '

Postby bluebird7291 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:10 am

He come on as sub in the france game. He can't play for anyone else now can he?
bluebird7291

Postby Blueboys1927 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:37 am

bluebird7291 wrote:He come on as sub in the france game. He can't play for anyone else now can he?

Yes because it was a friendly.
He can still play for England if they move for him.
Blueboys1927

Postby northernbluebird » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:26 am

i can't believe how they allow people to switch after playing a friendly. if he does not come out with a statement committing fully, i'd drop him permanently so that he can play for england if that's what he wants. surely the one thing we deserve is commitment to the cause?
northernbluebird

Postby epping blue » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:00 am

northernbluebird wrote:i can't believe how they allow people to switch after playing a friendly. if he does not come out with a statement committing fully, i'd drop him permanently so that he can play for england if that's what he wants. surely the one thing we deserve is commitment to the cause?

Why would you do that ? It would be meaningless anyway. Just keep your fingers crossed and prey he doesn't force his way into the Chelsea squad in the next few months.
epping blue

Postby dogfound » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:01 am

northernbluebird wrote:i can't believe how they allow people to switch after playing a friendly. if he does not come out with a statement committing fully, i'd drop him permanently so that he can play for england if that's what he wants. surely the one thing we deserve is commitment to the cause?

i dont like the rule either..but is cutting off your nose to spite your face the answer ?
we would already have lost David Brooks had he been dropped permanently as he pulled out of the Wales squad last year to play for England in the Toulon tournament.
dogfound

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:36 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:He come on as sub in the france game. He can't play for anyone else now can he?

Yes because it was a friendly.
He can still play for England if they move for him.

Cheers Simon, I never knew that :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby northernbluebird » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:41 pm

dogfound wrote:

i dont like the rule either..but is cutting off your nose to spite your face the answer ?
we would already have lost David Brooks had he been dropped permanently as he pulled out of the Wales squad last year to play for England in the Toulon tournament.

yes, i'd rather a squad of players who want to represent wales, free of those who only commit when it suits them. if that means jettisoning some players then so be it.
northernbluebird

Postby bluemun » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:13 pm

I bet both Ben Turner and Ryan Shawcross seriously regret spurning Wales. Ampadu should opt for us if he's got any sense. I still don't think he's a midfielder mind.
bluemun

Postby epping blue » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:37 pm

bluemun wrote:I bet both Ben Turner and Ryan Shawcross seriously regret spurning Wales. Ampadu should opt for us if he's got any sense. I still don't think he's a midfielder mind.

For Ben Turner it made no difference really. Shawcross was as much a loss to Wales as it was to him, we could certainly do with him right now. Ampadu has the potential to be an awesome talent. He 's on the verge of the Chelsea first team at 17 years of age. Shawcross has never been at that level. We just got to hope with Ampadu. A little injury keeping him out of the team and limelight would do just nicely.
epping blue

Postby dogfound » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:50 pm

northernbluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:

yes, i'd rather a squad of players who want to represent wales, free of those who only commit when it suits them. if that means jettisoning some players then so be it.

i used to feel much stronger about this myself. but the more ive thought about it the more ive changed my view to. we are already as a small country at a huge disadvantage..why increase that by not taking advantage of a rule everyone else uses to suit them selves..
dogfound

Return to General Chat