' Chris Coleman Wants Guarantees '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:15 am

Chris Coleman: Wales manager wants guarantees before signing new deal

BBC

Monday 13th November 2017

Wales manager Chris Coleman wants assurances over the future of two members of his staff if he is to sign a new contract.

Coleman wants head of performance Ryland Morgans and psychologist Ian Mitchell to be handed full-time contracts by the FAW.

Coleman's deal expires at the end of November and leading Wales players have urged him to stay.

The FAW want to sort out Coleman's future before negotiating other deals.

Morgans left Crystal Palace in September 2017 following the appointment of Roy Hodgson at the Premier League club.

Mitchell departed from Swansea in 2016 during Francesco Guidolin's reign.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Chris Coleman Wants Guarantees '

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:16 pm

Wasn't Ryland Morgans something to do with City at one point?
2blue2handle

Postby dogfound » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:26 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Wasn't Ryland Morgans something to do with City at one point?

not sure..i know Brenda had him at Liverpool...and Big Sam had him at palace..but do Wales need a full time fitness and conditioning coach when the players are together just for a couple days before playing 2 games in 4 days..?
dogfound

Postby norms76 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:03 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Wasn't Ryland Morgans something to do with City at one point?

Yeah, he was part of Trollopes backroom staff.
norms76

Postby llan bluebird » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:28 pm

Why is he in a position to negotiate Last summer is that, last season.....He set us up far too defensive hoping that Baleo will nick im a goal.

Not sure why some are concerned that Pulis would set us up (any) more defensive, a back 5, 2 sitters, 1 lump up front with 2 "10's"

I read we are the highest ranked team not to qualify. Seeded 1 ended 3rd, i can't see many clubs coming for him if he dosen't sign his new contract.

I looked up in my Rothmans football book for the ultimate journeyman manager and it shows a picture of our Russ. And yes, our Russ could have qualified with Wales when Bale was in the form that put him briefly in the Messi and Ronny bracket.
llan bluebird

Postby WelshPatriot » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:16 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Why is he in a position to negotiate Last summer is that, last season.....He set us up far too defensive hoping that Baleo will nick im a goal.

Not sure why some are concerned that Pulis would set us up (any) more defensive, a back 5, 2 sitters, 1 lump up front with 2 "10's"

I read we are the highest ranked team not to qualify. Seeded 1 ended 3rd, i can't see many clubs coming for him if he dosen't sign his new contract.

I looked up in my Rothmans football book for the ultimate journeyman manager and it shows a picture of our Russ. And yes, our Russ could have qualified with Wales when Bale was in the form that put him briefly in the Messi and Ronny bracket.

Totally agree, I'm not that bothered if he stays.

Most recent competition we failed it's that simple same as every manager before him.

He has had what I term the golden squad when they were in their prime, work put in place by others.

Will clubs be clambering to get him? I doubt it.
WelshPatriot

Postby nubbsy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:28 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Why is he in a position to negotiate Last summer is that, last season.....He set us up far too defensive hoping that Baleo will nick im a goal.

How many managers and years of no success and some fans still don't give him any credit. 2/3 players aside we're a championship squad. And isn't it funny how world rankings only start to matter when people use them to back their argument! We're above plenty of far better teams than us mate.
nubbsy

Postby WelshPatriot » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:31 pm

nubbsy wrote:

How many managers and years of no success and some fans still don't give him any credit. 2/3 players aside we're a championship squad. And isn't it funny how world rankings only start to matter when people use them to back their argument! We're above plenty of far better teams than us mate.

You could also argue qualification for the euros was set up easier than previous managers.
WelshPatriot

Postby dogfound » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:26 pm

but we were seeded 4 and finished semi finalists in the EUROs. which is why we were in bag 1 this time. and had also improved 100 places in the FIFA rankings...
dogfound

Return to General Chat