Latest manager ruled out for Sunderland managers job

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:48 pm

According to The Sunderland Echo, Paolo Montero will not be the next manager of Sunderland.

Monday 13th November 2017

The Black Cats sacked Simon Grayson a couple of weeks ago but, despite a number of links with new managers, they are seemingly no closer to bringing in a new face.

Plenty of names have been linked, though, with Montero one of the more left-field names to come out of the woodwork in recent days.

A former player for Juventus and Uruguay, Montero has a decent playing CV but in terms of being a manager he is yet to make a big splash in Europe, with him currently at Rosario Central.

Indeed, such a move, though you’d have to see what happened, would perhaps not get many Sunderland fans onside and so they’ll be fairly happy such a move is not going to come off.

The Black Cats’ fans are crying out for a manager with plenty of experience in the Championship with the likes of Aitor Karanka being named and so it remains to be seen if the club goes after him or someone else.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Latest manager ruled out for Sunderland managers job

Postby northernbluebird » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:55 pm

it's a horrible club to come into - moyes was apparently there for days before realising what poor shape it was in, and how much of a mistake he made going there.

it seems to be a case of cut those that don't want to be there, and try and motivate the rest. they will probably have to pay over the odds to get a respected manager in who can command respect immediately.
northernbluebird

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:04 pm

northernbluebird wrote:it's a horrible club to come into - moyes was apparently there for days before realising what poor shape it was in, and how much of a mistake he made going there.

it seems to be a case of cut those that don't want to be there, and try and motivate the rest. they will probably have to pay over the odds to get a respected manager in who can command respect immediately.

I honestly cant see who would want to go there, any lower team manager with a future like Nigel Clough, Paul Heckingbottom, or Alex Neill would obviously say no looking at the state of that club , and someone like a Karanka will surely be hoping for a top half championship club. Even a league 1 manager who is in the top 10 would probably feel more secure and feel he has a better chance of playing championship football next season than he would if he joined Sunderland. That club is toxic at the moment and is in free fall, I honestly don't see them staying up this season and tbh I reckon they should have stayed with Grayson cause I think they had a better chance of staying up with him than without him.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby northernbluebird » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:22 am

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
northernbluebird wrote:it's a horrible club to come into - moyes was apparently there for days before realising what poor shape it was in, and how much of a mistake he made going there.

I honestly cant see who would want to go there, any lower team manager with a future like Nigel Clough, Paul Heckingbottom, or Alex Neill would obviously say no looking at the state of that club , and someone like a Karanka will surely be hoping for a top half championship club. Even a league 1 manager who is in the top 10 would probably feel more secure and feel he has a better chance of playing championship football next season than he would if he joined Sunderland. That club is toxic at the moment and is in free fall, I honestly don't see them staying up this season and tbh I reckon they should have stayed with Grayson cause I think they had a better chance of staying up with him than without him.

agree with that apart from that i don't rate grayson.

for me, it can be turned around like QPR was, but requires them to appoint someone they believe in, and back him instead of backing the players.
northernbluebird

Return to General Chat