Cardiff and Birmingham have both sent scouts over

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Cardiff & Birmingham target Triantafyllopoulos

HITC Sport understands Championship duo Cardiff City and Birmingham City eye Greek central defender.

Tuesday 14th November 2017

Cardiff and Birmingham have both sent scouts over to Greece

Kostas Triantafyllopoulos of Panathinaikos in action during the Greek Cup semi-final match between Panathinaikos FC and OFI Crete FC at the Apostolos Nikolaidis Stadium on April 16, 2014...Kostas Triantafyllopoulos in action for Panathinaikos

Cardiff City and Birmingham City are tracking Greek defender Kostas Triantafyllopoulos, sources close to the club have told HITC Sport.

Triantafyllopoulos has caught the eye at Asteras Tripolis with a number of commanding performances at the heart of their defence in the Greek Super League.

The powerful centre-back came through the ranks at Greek giants Panathinaikos and made 63 appearances for the club before joining Asteras Tripolis in January 2016.

Triantafyllopoulos has established himself as a key man in the Asteras Tripolis and his displays have brought him to the attention of several clubs across Europe.

Kostas Triantafyllopoulos of Panathinaikos in action during the UEFA Europa League match between between Panathinaikos FC and FC Dinamo Moskva on September 18,2014 in Athens,Greece.

Cardiff and Birmingham have both sent scouts over to Greece to cast an eye over Triantafyllopoulos at close quarters and they have been impressed by what they have seen.

Birmingham are planning to strenghten their squad in January as they look to climb away from relegation trouble, and Blues boss Steve Cotterill has made defensive reinforcements one of his top priorities.

Cardiff boss Neil Warnock is also looking to add to his defensive options in the New Year as he looks to maintain his side's push for promotion to the Premier League in the second half of the season.
Attachments
kostas_triantafyllopoulos_of_panathinaikos_in_action_during_the__609174.jpg
kostas_triantafyllopoulos_of_panathinaikos_in_action_during_the__609174.jpg (52.21 KiB) Viewed 3695 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Cardiff and Birmingham have both sent scouts over

Postby davids » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:58 pm

Wish we were "eyeing" a few creative midfielders and strikers!

We only ever seem to be linked with defenders at the moment, an area of the pitch where we seem to be pretty well covered already.
davids

Postby NorthCardiffBlue » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:04 pm

davids wrote:Wish we were "eyeing" a few creative midfielders and strikers!

We only ever seem to be linked with defenders at the moment, an area of the pitch where we seem to be pretty well covered already.

Agree with you on that. The fact Bamba, one of our main defenders is now being played in midfield shows we've got more than enough in terms of defence
NorthCardiffBlue

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:08 pm

Be more concerned about how put his name on shirt? :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby boyo1927 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:00 pm

We dont need another centre back? Matt connolly is very able to step in if needed and he is miles off 1sr team
boyo1927

Postby Lengee » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:07 pm

If theres agood chance of us getting him we better start thinking of a chant for Triantofyllopoullus...might take a bit of time!! :clap: :( :bluebird:
Lengee

Postby Wolfpac » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:13 pm

Blinkin hell imagine our tannoy man trying to pronounce that name :laughing5:

Sounds like an extinct dinosaur, lets hope he's not a dino on the pitch lol
Wolfpac

Postby Sven » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:23 pm

The club will make a fortune on letters for his replica shirts alone! ;) :laughing6: :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby NIBluebird » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:33 pm

We need to come up with a song for him :ayatollah:
NIBluebird

Postby nubbsy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:37 pm

There's no room for them, we play one up front of which we have three tidy strikers and we've got lee tomlin who's a creative center mid and our most expensive recent buy and he can't get a sniff.
nubbsy

Postby GrangeEndStar » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:50 pm

I wonder if its the same bloke who owns Dot Cotton's launderette?
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby dogfound » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:59 pm

nubbsy wrote:

There's no room for them, we play one up front of which we have three tidy strikers and we've got lee tomlin who's a creative center mid and our most expensive recent buy and he can't get a sniff.

i do agree..
there seem to be lots calling for a creative midfielder but we are where we are because Warmock is playing without one out of choice..
and strikers...we turned down zillions for Zohore...and bogles is on 2 from 2.
dogfound

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:50 am

Birmingham City could go head to head with fellow Championship side Cardiff in January for Greek defender Kostas Triantafyllopoulos in January, according to reports.

Birmingham Mail

Wednesday 15th November 2017

Blues signed Harlee Dean and Marc Roberts in the summer to flesh out their centre-back options, while fellow arrival Jason Lowe can play there too.

Ryan Shotton departed for Middlesbrough, but the pairing has changed quite frequently; Dean and Roberts started in the defeat to Barnsley last time out, yet prior to that Michael Morrison had partnered each of them alternatively.

With a change in management, Steve Cotterill may consider making moves in the January transfer window - and there are reports that Triantafyllopoulos could be a target.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Paul Keevil » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:10 am

Lengee wrote:If theres agood chance of us getting him we better start thinking of a chant for Triantofyllopoullus...might take a bit of time!! :clap: :( :bluebird:

Maybe we should copy St Helens Song for Louis McArthur-Scarsbrook......

He's got a long name
He's got a long name
Kostas Triantafyllopoulos
He's got a long name

Simple but mildly amusing
Looking for a Photographer?

Accredited Champions League, Premiership and FL Photographer
Cover RL, RU, Motorsport etc
Accredited - 2012 Olympic Games
Attend "Celebrity Events" - papping
Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:34 am

GrangeEndStar wrote:I wonder if its the same bloke who owns Dot Cotton's launderette?

Good spot although he seems a little old to be playing Championship football, but hey that's never stopped us signing players before.....
Tony Blue Williams

Return to General Chat