MALKY NO LONGER BEING SUED / SCOUT AND AGENTS NOW TARGETED

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:50 pm

Ex Cardiff City Manager Malky Mackay is no longer being sued by Cardiff City/Vincent Tan after a two year long court case believed to have cost up to £2million, the case against Malky Mackay and former recruitment head Iain Moody has been dropped.

Cardiff City suing former scout and two agents over claims club 'lost money' on transfers

By Brian Farmer

Tuesday 21st November 2017

Ex-manager Malky Mackay and former recruitment head Iain Moody were initially targeted but have been 'removed' from the case

The dispute relates to deals for Chilean midfielder Gary Medel (left), full-back John Brayford and goalkeeper Simon Moore

Cardiff City are to try to settle a High Court dispute over player transfers involving a former scout and two football agents, a judge has been told.

Bluebirds bosses have suggested they paid too much for three players four years ago and have made allegations of misrepresentation.

But Judge David Waksman heard that all sides were to mediate in the hope of reaching a settlement.

Lawyers representing Cardiff City, currently third in the Championship table, told Judge Waksman that discussions were due to take place early in 2018.

The judge, who oversaw a preliminary hearing at the High Court in London, heard the dispute centred on the transfers of midfielder Gary Medel, defender John Brayford and goalkeeper Simon Moore in 2013.

Cardiff City bosses have sued former scout Thomas Johnson, an ex-footballer, and agents Carly Barnes and Michael Carney.

Former manager Malky Mackay and Iain Moody, a former head of recruitment at the club, were also initially targeted but have been “removed” from a list of defendants and no longer feature in the litigation.

All five deny allegations of wrongdoing.

Barrister Jeff Chapman QC, who is leading Cardiff City’s legal team, told Judge Waksman if no settlement was reached any trial would not take place until the summer of 2018.

Little detail of allegations being made emerged at Tuesday’s hearing.

Mr Chapman said Cardiff bosses were making “serious allegations” and complaining the club had lost money.

Mackay, 45, a former Scottish international defender who played for clubs including Celtic, West Ham and Norwich and is now caretaker manager of Scotland, left Cardiff in December 2013 six months after leading the club into the Premier League.

He later hit the headlines after the Football Association became aware of texts containing “inappropriate language” swapped by him and Mr Moody.

In 2015 the FA said Mackay would face no disciplinary action following an investigation into the texts.

Officials said Mackay and Mr Moody had acknowledged some of the language used in their text exchange was not acceptable.

They said Mackay had voluntarily undertaken equality and diversity training.

Medel now plays for Turkish side Besiktas, Brayford for Burton Albion, and Moore for Sheffield United.
Attachments
A.jpg
A.jpg (61.61 KiB) Viewed 3758 times
B.jpg
B.jpg (49.28 KiB) Viewed 3758 times
C.jpg
C.jpg (53.04 KiB) Viewed 3758 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: MALKY OUT OF THE FRAME...SCOUT AND AGENTS NOW TARGETTED

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:41 pm

This is getting a bit tiresome now, how long has this being going on 3/4 years??....however, I do admire the club for making a stand against these money grabbing parasites (aka agents).

Just hope the club wins the case after spending so much money trying to gather evidence, hopefully some of these agents involved get huge fines and bans
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:47 pm

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:This is getting a bit tiresome now, how long has this being going on 3/4 years??....however, I do admire the club for making a stand against these money grabbing parasites (aka agents).

Just hope the club wins the case after spending so much money trying to gather evidence, hopefully some of these agents involved get huge fines and bans

So after over £2million spent by Cardiff City/Tan, Malky is once again no longer :lol:

Tan has tried everything possible to bring down Malky and proved nothing, surely now the Tan believers/followers have to admit enough is enough on Malky by Tan and lets as they all say move on.

Malky Mackay is innocent of any fraud end off :thumbright: :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Admiralblue » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:This is getting a bit tiresome now, how long has this being going on 3/4 years??....however, I do admire the club for making a stand against these money grabbing parasites (aka agents).

So after over £2million spent by Cardiff City/Tan, Malky is once again no longer :lol:

Tan has tried everything possible to bring down Malky and proved nothing, surely now the Tan believers/followers have to admit enough is enough on Malky by Tan and lets as they all say move on.

case now closed lets not harp on about the past. Time to unite and move on :thumbup:
Admiralblue

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:51 pm

Admiralblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

case now closed lets not harp on about the past. Time to unite and move on :thumbup:

Agreed, lets hope Tan now keeps mouth/lips shut :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Admiralblue » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Admiralblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Agreed, lets hope Tan now keeps mouth/lips shut :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluebird: :bluebird:

haha il drink to that :occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
Admiralblue

Re: MALKY NO LONGER BEING SUED / SCOUT AND AGENTS NOW TARGET

Postby Ebbw Blue » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:00 pm

Sven wrote:Ex Cardiff CityManager Malky Mackay is no longer being sued by Cardiff City/Vincent Tan after a two year long court case believed to have cost up to £2million, the case against Malky Mackay and former recruitment head Iain Moody has been dropped.

Cardiff City suing former scout and two agents over claims club 'lost money' on transfers

By Brian Farmer

Ex-manager Malky Mackay and former recruitment head Iain Moody were initially targeted but have been 'removed' from the case

The dispute relates to deals for Chilean midfielder Gary Medel (left), full-back John Brayford and goalkeeper Simon Moore

Cardiff City are to try to settle a High Court dispute over player transfers involving a former scout and two football agents, a judge has been told.

Bluebirds bosses have suggested they paid too much for three players four years ago and have made allegations of misrepresentation.

But Judge David Waksman heard that all sides were to mediate in the hope of reaching a settlement.

Lawyers representing Cardiff City, currently third in the Championship table, told Judge Waksman that discussions were due to take place early in 2018.

The judge, who oversaw a preliminary hearing at the High Court in London, heard the dispute centred on the transfers of midfielder Gary Medel, defender John Brayford and goalkeeper Simon Moore in 2013.

Cardiff City bosses have sued former scout Thomas Johnson, an ex-footballer, and agents Carly Barnes and Michael Carney.

Former manager Malky Mackay and Iain Moody, a former head of recruitment at the club, were also initially targeted but have been “removed” from a list of defendants and no longer feature in the litigation.

Barrister Jeff Chapman QC, who is leading Cardiff City’s legal team, told Judge Waksman if no settlement was reached any trial would not take place until the summer of 2018.

Mr Chapman said Cardiff bosses were making “serious allegations” and complaining the club had lost money.

Mackay, 45, a former Scottish international defender who played for clubs including Celtic, West Ham and Norwich and is now caretaker manager of Scotland, left Cardiff in December 2013 six months after leading the club into the Premier League.

He later hit the headlines after the Football Association became aware of texts containing “inappropriate language” swapped by him and Mr Moody.

In 2015 the FA said Mackay would face no disciplinary action following an investigation into the texts.

Officials said Mackay and Mr Moody had acknowledged some of the language used in their text exchange was not acceptable.

Medel now plays for Turkish side Besiktas, Brayford for Burton Albion, and Moore for Sheffield United.

Annis we have both said on numerous occasions if Tan had any evidence of wrongdoing against Malky he would have dragged through the courts ages ago. So more money wasted again by Tan, you can buy a decent player for 2 million. Good luck to Malky in his role as Scotland manager, great manager for us.
Ebbw Blue

Postby grange_end1927 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:02 pm

Good, no more shit now from Tan, lets support the bluebirds :bluebird: :bluebird:
grange_end1927

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:06 pm

Ebbw Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:Ex Cardiff CityManager Malky Mackay is no longer being sued by Cardiff City/Vincent Tan after a two year long court case believed to have cost up to £2million, the case against Malky Mackay and former recruitment head Iain Moody has been dropped.

By Brian Farmer

Annis we have both said on numerous occasions if Tan had any evidence of wrongdoing against Malky he would have dragged through the courts ages ago. So more money wasted again by Tan, you can buy a decent player for 2 million. Good luck to Malky in his role as Scotland manager, great manager for us.

100% Darren, with Tans money and lawyers if Malky was guilty of fraud along time ago Malky would of been done. I really hope now this is the end of it :thumbright: :thumbright:
Tan has wasted once again Millions and yet fans go on about Malky, Tan has wasted money time and time again, 8 managers/6 CEO'S.
Hopefully Tan has now finally learnt.

No wonder Tan has been quite lately on Malky :lol: :lol:

This shows Malky Mackay has Now been Cleared once and for all :thumbright: :thumbright:

GOOD LUCK TO MALKY MACKAY :thumbright: :thumbright:
Attachments
malky-mackay_2775743b.jpg
malky-mackay_2775743b.jpg (69.49 KiB) Viewed 3234 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:09 pm

Reply on FB

David Richards:
For f**k sake there was no case to answer anyway just tan deing a knob

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bakedalasker » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:25 pm

Wonder if those who referred to him as "Milky" will admit they were wrong to do so.
Bakedalasker

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:55 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Wonder if those who referred to him as "Milky" will admit they were wrong to do so.

Ian, the usual suspects gone quite, you would think they would finally admit they were wrong, Tan has had to regarding Malky :lol: :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluebird58 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

But still no one will give him a manager job. Still more to this than meets the eye
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby nubbsy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:17 pm

So after all the money that bitter little man Vincent tan threw at this in an attempt to ruin malkys life (and pretty much has done these past few years) and he couldn't get the job done.

Let's be honest, it was all over a few jokes taken out of context.

Happy for malky.
nubbsy

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:23 pm

Reply fb

Lee Beames:

more money wasted again

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:24 pm

nubbsy wrote:So after all the money that bitter little man Vincent tan threw at this in an attempt to ruin malkys life (and pretty much has done these past few years) and he couldn't get the job done.

Let's be honest, it was all over a few jokes taken out of context.

Happy for malky.

SPOT ON Jack :thumbright:

Tan became very jealous of Malky.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:25 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

But still no one will give him a manager job. Still more to this than meets the eye

Thanks to Tan, ruining Malky's reputation and not letting just go and manage, hounded him for two years.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bakedalasker » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:26 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Well perhaps his chances might get better now he is not under suspicion.
Bakedalasker

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:26 pm

Tan has now ended up wasting money in cases with

The Riddler, he got paid.
Sam, he got paid.
Malky he has been cleared, no case to answer to.

Wasted £millions upon £millions.

Not one case won.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:27 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Well perhaps his chances might get better now he is not under suspicion.

Ian, Malky will now finally be able to concentrate on football :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:28 pm

Rock solid from Gunnarsson

Aron Gunnarsson, by sheer force of will, stopped Barnsley in their tracks then. He just wasn’t allowing Hedges to get past him. Then Junior Hoilett was magnificent in sprinting back to make the second decisive tackle. Cardiff, resolute in defence, if a bit lacking going forward so far.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluespeers » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:28 pm

Now perhaps certain people on here will accept Malky for what he actually achieved, hopefully he can now get on with his life without Tan on his case everytime he gets a job. :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
bluespeers

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:29 pm

bluespeers wrote:Now perhaps certain people on here will accept Malky for what he actually achieved, hopefully he can now get on with his life without Tan on his case everytime he gets a job. :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Spot on :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Be very respectful if they would, but don't hold your breath.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:31 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

No more to meeting eye hes not guilty of ripping off club but thats a matter of opinion when you consider the money him and moody squandered ! Also maybe reason nobody given him a job hes not as good as made out or he admitted sending inappropriate txts? But best luck to him hes long gone from our club :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:34 pm

Clearly no evidence, this should have been dropped years ago. If it was my money I would be just as pissed off as Tam. I'll never believe some of these strange deals were for footballing reasons and someone pocketed something along the way. All managers make bad signings at the end of the day but some more costly than others.
2blue2handle

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:43 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

No more to meeting eye hes not guilty of ripping off club but thats a matter of opinion when you consider the money him and moody squandered ! Also maybe reason nobody given him a job hes not as good as made out or he admitted sending inappropriate txts? But best luck to him hes long gone from our club :thumbup:

Allan,

Malky's Promotion brought / Wembley etc etc brought in over £160million to City, just rem that :thumbright: :thumbright:

Our most successful manager for over 50 years :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:52 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Clearly no evidence, this should have been dropped years ago. If it was my money I would be just as pissed off as Tam. I'll never believe some of these strange deals were for footballing reasons and someone pocketed something along the way. All managers make bad signings at the end of the day but some more costly than others.

Luke, it should of been dropped, but Tan over the last 7 years has been very very wasteful with money and not clever at all in my opinion.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Clearly no evidence, this should have been dropped years ago. If it was my money I would be just as pissed off as Tam. I'll never believe some of these strange deals were for footballing reasons and someone pocketed something along the way. All managers make bad signings at the end of the day but some more costly than others.

Luke, it should of been dropped, but Tan over the last 7 years has been very very wasteful with money and not clever at all in my opinion.

He can afford it :lol:
2blue2handle

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:01 pm

bluespeers wrote:Now perhaps certain people on here will accept Malky for what he actually achieved, hopefully he can now get on with his life without Tan on his case everytime he gets a job. :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

The usual suspects wanted Malky done no matter, but will never admit when they are wrong, very sad.
I have No respect for them, loved the red and back Tan even when proved wrong :evil:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby nubbsy » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Tan has now ended up wasting money in cases with

The Riddler, he got paid.
Sam, he got paid.
Malky he has been cleared, no case to answer to.

Wasted £millions upon £millions.

Not one case won.

Don't forget the millions he wasted rebranding us. He could have built this club into an absolute force with the money he's spent. What a royal f**k up.
nubbsy

Next

Return to General Chat