Liam Feeney

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Liam Feeney

Postby DandoCCFC » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:34 pm

I seen a few on here and a lot on twitter criticise him saying he shouldn't start and shouldn't be on the bench this and that but what has he actually done wrong here? He has been solid for us and gives us something different.

I think with players like Feeney because he doesn't do step overs and do some of the things Hoilett and Mendez-Laing does he automatically becomes a scapegoat.

Warnock brought him here and speaks of him very highly, wish fans would get behind him because no-one has any valid reason to criticise him since he has been here. :roll: :ayatollah:
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Liam Feeney

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Liam Feeney

Postby bluemun » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:21 pm

I don't think he's a bad player, but for skill, creativity and scoring possibility I rate Pilks more. Warnock has brought him in because of Harris' injury and when Kads is fit he'll return to Blackburn anyway.
bluemun

Postby angelis1949 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:05 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:I seen a few on here and a lot on twitter criticise him saying he shouldn't start and shouldn't be on the bench this and that but what has he actually done wrong here? He has been solid for us and gives us something different.

I think with players like Feeney because he doesn't do step overs and do some of the things Hoilett and Mendez-Laing does he automatically becomes a scapegoat.

Warnock brought him here and speaks of him very highly, wish fans would get behind him because no-one has any valid reason to criticise him since he has been here. :roll: :ayatollah:
he has done nothing wrong but in my opinion he is simply not Championship quality
angelis1949

Postby fred keenor » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:31 pm

Put some great crosses in against Brentford,
Does not have the pace of NML but a great option when we have so many injuries
fred keenor

Postby Alan_in_China » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:36 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:I seen a few on here and a lot on twitter criticise him saying he shouldn't start and shouldn't be on the bench this and that but what has he actually done wrong here? He has been solid for us and gives us something different.

Feeney DOES do step-overs, however, he just doesn't have the pace to go past his man. We have him on loan until January, don't we? I think he'll go back to Blackburn in the new year.
Alan_in_China

Postby Blue_Barber » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:34 pm

I have to admit I slated Feeney...

Found unjustified though in Bristol game when he was pretty solid and battled well when he came on, he’s nothing fancy but he’s pretty dependable
Blue_Barber

Postby DandoCCFC » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:51 pm

We had Conway who was similar to Feeney, work hard and got a good delivery.. just feel like he is criticised on the back of previous clubs and supporters opinions rather than being criticised on how he performs with our shirt on.
I will.

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby maccydee » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:49 am

bluemun wrote:I don't think he's a bad player, but for skill, creativity and scoring possibility I rate Pilks more. Warnock has brought him in because of Harris' injury and when Kads is fit he'll return to Blackburn anyway.

Pilks is a 9/10 player, then an 8/10 maybe a 7.

Followed by a 4/10, 5/10 then a 4 again.

Warnock will always go for Feeney who is a 6 or 7/10 every game.
maccydee

Postby bluemun » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:31 pm

I think Pilks has lost confidence because Warnock doesn't rate him. There's no reason why he can't show his class, but I suspect he's on his way out. Feeney is no way as good as Conway, whose crossing was excellent and who scored some cracking goals. Look forward to the return of Kads though....real competition for Junior and Mendez.
bluemun

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:37 pm

Pilks just doesn't fit in, Warnock wants pace out wide and Feeney is that back up option until Harris is back. I doubt we will keep him past Jan? im assuming the loan ends in Jan
2blue2handle

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:13 pm

fred keenor wrote:Put some great crosses in against Brentford,
Does not have the pace of NML but a great option when we have so many injuries

He certainly did :thumbup: He seems to have at least one good run/cross in him per half and when he does there is always a chance created like when he set Ward up at Fulham.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:14 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Pilks just doesn't fit in, Warnock wants pace out wide and Feeney is that back up option until Harris is back. I doubt we will keep him past Jan? im assuming the loan ends in Jan

The loan is until Jan but not sure when Harris will be back?
Tony Blue Williams

Postby jon1959 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:38 pm

Feeney has done nothing wrong and is a useful squad player until January. But....

I would have preferred Warnock to push Pilks into that bench place whilst waiting for Kadeem Harris to get fit - neither have any pace but Pilks is a better footballer (and more versatile) than Feeney. he also seems to have got his attitude right again in training and with the u23s after a few under whelming performances at the start of the season.

I think the problem is that with a loan player we want more than a squad member and bench warmer. We want someone with the ability to change a game. Feeney isn't that, and after Warnock's decision to play Patterson in the NML position at Barnsley I don't think there'll be any extension of the Feeney loan after January regardless of Warnock's positive comments about him.
jon1959

Postby RYANBLUE » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:15 pm

only a cover til Kads comes back. He will give us a different dimension with his pace
RYANBLUE

Postby DandoCCFC » Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:18 pm

I am not asking for an extension or for us to sign him but I think with Pilks I am a fan and he has got ability a lot of players in our squad lack and I could see him as a CM for us more than LM/RM.. but Feeney is consistent.
I will.

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby NyeBluebird » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:01 pm

Nothing to do with step overs, it's the fact he can't beat his man and his crossing is generally poor (Brentford was an anomaly).
NyeBluebird

Postby DandoCCFC » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:36 pm

NyeBluebird wrote:

Nothing to do with step overs, it's the fact he can't beat his man and his crossing is generally poor (Brentford was an anomaly).

A similar man we had who was very key for us here done the same as Feeney, Conway.
I will.

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Return to General Chat