Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Updated ' Very Very Strong Rumour '

Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:48 pm

' UPDATED '

The Welsh FA will interview Craig Bellamy for the Job.

Friday 24th November 2017

Latest odds

Craig Bellamy - 1/3
Tony Pulis - 11/4
Thierry Henry - 6/1
Ryan Giggs - 10/1
Carl Robinson - 20/1

Craig Bellamy is firmly interested in the vacant Wales job, and says it would be the "pinnacle" coaching job for him.

Wednesday 22nd November 2017

After Chris Coleman left the position last week to take up the Sunderland job, former Wales international striker Bellamy is second favourite with Sky Bet for the job at 5/2.

Bellamy is currently working in the youth set up at Cardiff, and has worked with the national team's younger age groups, and told Monday Night Football that he is interested in the vacant role.

That many in the Welsh FA Want Craig Bellamy as the next Wales manager and Bellamy would accept.

Craig Bellamy Says " it would be the "pinnacle" coaching job for him."

I would rather Craig Bellamy than Ryan Giggs any day :thumbright: :thumbright:

OPINIONS :thumbright:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' Very Very Strong Rumour '

Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:10 pm

The Welsh job is a stepping stone into bigger things.

Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:11 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:The Welsh job is a stepping stone into bigger things.

Your right there Ian, thats what it will be used for.

Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:16 pm

Well he as gone around Europe looking at coaching methods I'm sure he as his own idea's of whats needed and he won't miss manage bale as much as i believe Coleman did in regards to his optimum position . And didn't Hughes start at wales?

Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:04 pm

A lot of hardcore Welsh Fans do not want Bellamy after he played for Great Britain in the Olympics (as did Giggs mind).

That was a betrayal to many.

Not necessarily my point of view, but the view of many I know.

Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:09 pm

I'd prefer Giggs myself at least he has some experience assisting with some good managers at a high level.

Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:12 pm

RV Casual wrote:A lot of hardcore Welsh Fans do not want Bellamy after he played for Great Britain in the Olympics (as did Giggs mind).

mental

Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:12 pm

He would presumably be comfortable with Robert as his right-hand man, which would be good for both parties. If this happens it may be quite promising and exciting.

Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:13 pm

Cheap option .

No managerial experience .

We'll get about £5.50 compensation then :clap:

Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:16 pm

dogfound wrote:
RV Casual wrote:A lot of hardcore Welsh Fans do not want Bellamy after he played for Great Britain in the Olympics (as did Giggs mind).

mental

Like I said, not necessarily my point of view, but if you listen to the 'independent football nation' brigade they will tell you he is a traitor.

Just listen to how many Wales fans sing the Viva Gareth Bale song with gusto and the anger on some of them at the f**k the union jack part, would be a bit ironic for them to want to have a man who captained everything they despised as their new national manager, I'm personally not bothered by it as I don't think our position as an independent football nation was ever in doubt but I respect their view point.

Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:23 pm

RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:

mental

Like I said, not necessarily my point of view, but if you listen to the 'independent football nation' brigade they will tell you he is a traitor.

Just listen to how many Wales fans sing the Viva Gareth Bale song with gusto and the anger on some of them at the f**k the union jack part, would be a bit ironic for them to want to have a man who captained everything they despised as their new national manager, I'm personally not bothered by it as I don't think our position as an independent football nation was ever in doubt but I respect their view point.

Ironically I'd expect most of these fans support English clubs.

I knew of one fella, Newport guy, had a 'Welsh not British' flag.... big Nottingham Forest fan

Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:25 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:The Welsh job is a stepping stone into bigger things.

I assume you mean better paid and not necessarily bigger

Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:27 pm

Craig Bellamy is firmly interested in the vacant Wales job, and says it would be the "pinnacle" coaching job for him.

Wednesday 22nd November 2017

After Chris Coleman left the position last week to take up the Sunderland job, former Wales international striker Bellamy is second favourite with Sky Bet for the job at 5/2.

Bellamy is currently working in the youth set up at Cardiff, and has worked with the national team's younger age groups, and told Monday Night Football that he is interested in the vacant role.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:10 pm

Hardcore fans my arse..... what a lot of absolute bollux these so called people are. The GB olympics team was bloody brilliant. 2012 was the best Olympics ever and I for one was chuffed Bellars featured in that side.

Id have him in charge of Wales. perhaps with an experienced head with him but his passion and guts would be the drive

Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:16 pm

RYANBLUE wrote:

Hardcore fans my arse..... what a lot of absolute bollux these so called people are. The GB olympics team was bloody brilliant. 2012 was the best Olympics ever and I for one was chuffed Bellars featured in that side.

Id have him in charge of Wales. perhaps with an experienced head with him but his passion and guts would be the drive

Of course they are hardcore fans, 99.9% of Welsh Fans at away games especially and out in France sang Viva Gareth Bale, said he had a bad back f**k the union jack in reference to the GB side, you are in the minority, either that or anyone who sang that song but supported Bellamy and the GB Football side is seriously confused.

Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:That many in the Welsh FA Want Craig Bellamy as the next Wales manager and Bellamy would accept.

Please give Bellamy the job over Giggs. Bellamy has passion and fire although no experience so unsure how well he would do but i think he will one day be a great manager so wouldn't be unhappy if given the chanc

Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:22 pm

RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:

mental

hardcore or small minded minority?
we play in the English pyramid system.most of our players are English. most of the national team play in England and half the fans who attend Wales home games suport English teams...i dont see how it all fits tbh.

Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:25 pm

The same GB squad that Ramsey, Allen and Taylor played for I'm assuming? I assume these hardcore fans would also see these 3 as traitors to the Welsh National side :roll: :roll: :roll:

Not having a dig at you btw. I understand it's not your opinion :thumbup:

Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:36 pm

Im welsh 1st , but I will proudly wave a union jack. A big thankyou to all the home nations who have fort under it.

Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:45 pm

Bellers is now odds on favourite with all bookies...Giggs was when the market opened and then Pullis after he got sacked by W.B.A..

Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:04 pm

I personally thin this could be perfect for him and Wales. He knows the Boys there, he's worked with all the Wales age groups so he knows who's good and who's coming through and he has the passion and heart that Wales fans want to see. Hope he gets it.

Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:09 pm

Pinnacle.....ffs he hasnt even started in any league what the f**k are the FAW thinking!

Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:13 pm

I went around Europe as well looking at caravans, I still know f**k all about caravans :thumbup:

pembroke allan wrote:Well he as gone around Europe looking at coaching methods I'm sure he as his own idea's of whats needed and he won't miss manage bale as much as i believe Coleman did in regards to his optimum position . And didn't Hughes start at wales?

Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:39 pm

Wouldn't mind if it was Bellamy or giggs out of the Welsh qualified coaches. Bellamy for passion and giggs for 25 years of top level football.
I think it's time to move on from the old giggs supposedly not caring argument. If he's the right man to progress the squad then that's fine by me

Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:13 pm

Pulis has always been my No1 choice but maybe the wage will put him off as he can surely get a better paid job and that huge fine after Palace must still be hurting him.
After him I think Bellers would be a good choice.would get respect and could really suit both parties.Giggs on the other would really get a lot of people’s backs up but could be what FAW are looking for.
Let’s make no mistake whoever gets it will only get ALL the fans on his side will the right results!

Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:15 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
dogfound wrote:

mental

Ironically I'd expect most of these fans support English clubs.

I knew of one fella, Newport guy, had a 'Welsh not British' flag.... big Nottingham Forest fan

Knuckle heads

Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:That many in the Welsh FA Want Craig Bellamy as the next Wales manager and Bellamy would accept.

Annis, if Craig went in with the right team behind him, he could do well in that environment and certainly worth a punt in the absence of an outstanding candidate and with an FAW who appear to want a Welshman! :ayatollah:

I agree it shouldn't be the Salford guy and I have my doubts about Tony Pulis in the international hot seat (besides, we may need him here next season!?) ;) :laughing6:

Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:45 pm

I’d give him my full support.

He knows the squad and they know him, and he’s intelligent about football.

Obviously that can mean nothing when it comes to management, but I hope everyone supports him if he gets the job.

He’s now 1/3 with the bookies.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:33 am

Stay at City Bellamy. When we get promoted this season Warnock wants to retire or possibly go upstairs, Bellamy can be a Premier League manager for City next season. As for Giggs I would never support him as he never turned up for friendlies. Fit on Saturdays, injured on Wednesdays and fit the following Saturdays, come off :clap: it.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:59 am

dogfound wrote:

mental

Yup - Correct.

Also he's an absolute bellend.