Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Should we be worried about Kenneth Zohore?

Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:08 am

Should we be worried about Kenneth Zohore?

By Nathan Blake

Friday 24th November 2017

When Warnock devises his game plan, everything starts from the back - but it's what happens at the top that matters most.

The foundations are stronger at the back, there are four players. Kenneth Zohore, or whoever plays up front, is there on his own.

The centre-forward holds the ball up, links the play, scores the goals. He is the key figure in any team.

Make no mistake, Zohore is the best striker Cardiff have. In his injury absence, Warnock has had to try to find an alternative - has done with Omar Bogle and Danny Ward, who have each scored goals.

But, no disrespect intended, they’re not of the quality of Zohore who at Championship level should be a truly top class performer.

People say Cardiff have coped without Zohore, won games and gone up to second. They have, but I look at it differently.

Had Zohore been fit, Cardiff might be two or three points clear at the top, such could be his contribution to the cause.

Cardiff need Zohore out on the pitch and I found it interesting to hear Warnock speak about the player’s pain threshold the other day.

Sometimes managers play mind games like this. I don’t think Warnock is questioning Zohore, more challenging him. How much do you want it?

No footballer plays without pain, it goes with the territory. It’s why most of us are walking around like old men in our 50s. We put the body on the line during games and it does take its toll.

I haven’t got a high pain threshold, but when my manager Graeme Souness once questioned my commitment at Blackburn I had a right go back. Wasn’t having that. I was literally walking with a limp, having my Achilles drained with a needle before and after matches because of inflammation.

But there was another time, when I was with Wolves, when I broke my foot in two places. The physios said ‘That’s it, season over’. No way, I thought - we were pushing for promotion.

I came home and ran non-stop on the sand dunes at Merthyr Mawr to strengthen the foot. Darren Campbell was with me. Together we got me fit again. It worked. I played, and scored, in the play-off final.

Maybe Warnock is trying to get into Zohore’s head a little. Encouraging him to play, but accept he’ll have to go through the pain barrier.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Should we be worried about Kenneth Zohore?

Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:16 am

I can see an operation looming .

It hasn't been handled the best

Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:59 am

I can see him being sold in January

Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:03 am

wez1927 wrote:I can see him being sold in January

Depends how much , he hasn't set the world alight

Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:18 am

I disagree here, I don't think why we'd be three points clear. Zohore hasn't exactly lived upto expectations this season. Yes some good performances and a few goals. But nothing the replacements haven't done.

He does offer something more for sure, but I've got faith in ward and bogle. Look at the year we went up for example how thin we were up top!
Last edited by nubbsy on Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:19 am

NIBluebird wrote:
wez1927 wrote:I can see him being sold in January

Depends how much , he hasn't set the world alight

Yeah and not if he's injured!