" Police & Aston Villa worried About Millwall Fans "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Police & Aston Villa worried About Millwall Fans "

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:24 pm

Wolves last season designated pub was good no charge to get in and good food beer good and resonable! It seems like pubs are screwing fans as well as the club's away. :o
pembroke allan

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby AV3 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Wolves last season designated pub was good no charge to get in and good food beer good and resonable! It seems like pubs are screwing fans as well as the club's away. :o

I can only repeat, the pub probably wouldn't stay afloat without matchday revenue and the admission charged. Only a small percentage of Aston pubs are still trading, in an area that is heavily populated with muslims, who do not drink.

£2 for a pint near the ground or in the alternative, stand on the roadside drinking semi-warm cans. Is £2 really the be all and end all?
Young Nibs said:
Sven I’m not sure if you're stupid or just pretending to be mate!
AV3

Postby MOZZER1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:16 am

1980's bluebird when the villa game comes around i will post up some decent places to go for a beer and food before / after game as i know the area quite well . as AV3 as mentioned there's bugger all decent to go around the ground even for the locals . really think villa should move ground if they went up
MOZZER1

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:16 am

:thumbup:
MOZZER1 wrote:1980's bluebird when the villa game comes around i will post up some decent places to go for a beer and food before / after game as i know the area quite well . as AV3 as mentioned there's bugger all decent to go around the ground even for the locals . really think villa should move ground if they went up
1980s Bluebird

Postby AV3 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:32 am

There would be murders if Villa ever tried to move ground Moz. The fans would not want it.

There are places for locals to go - The Holte Suite is free admission and very big with a nice carvery. Being part of the ground complex, it is also very convenient. The Holte pub was restored about 10 years ago and is also very tastefully furnished and does food. This pub is also on Villa land so is convenient. Then there is the Aston Tavern which was completely rebuilt and renovated a couple of years ago. After those 3, there is the Aston Social which has 3 separate rooms and is very popular with our traditional support.

As all of the above are home fans only, I agree that away fans should drink away from the ground. B'ham city centre is 10 minutes away on a train so you can catch the 2.33 from New st to Witton and get into the ground before KO. Going the other way on the trainline (towards the Yenton), Sutton town centre is good with loads of decent places to eat & drink. The train journey is about 15 mins to Aston station which is about 15 mins to the ground. You'd need to be looking at getting a train at 2.20 at the latest. The downside with Sutton is that you have to go away from the ground to get there.

B'ham city centre will be rammed on Saturday and I'd avoid it like the plague. Millwall will be lucky to find anywhere as most pubs have security on and are monitoring who goes in. I was in the town for our last game 2 weeks ago and the pub was rammed at 12 o clock. The streets were chaos due to the German market and when we tried another pub, we were refused admission (we were 8 handed) A mate came out to have a smoke and told me that there was loads of room inside but I reckon they didn't want 8 blokes going in. Millwall will have similar problems. The town will be a lot quieter when you lot come in the new year.
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby nubbsy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:32 am

I wonder if Millwall will wait for two hours after the game, Watch villas main pub untill all their lads leave and then attack it when there's ten shirters left...
nubbsy

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:38 am

I bet the shirters stood their ground though :thumbright:

nubbsy wrote:I wonder if Millwall will wait for two hours after the game, Watch villas main pub untill all their lads leave and then attack it when there's ten shirters left...
1980s Bluebird

Postby stephendavid » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:22 am

nubbsy wrote:I wonder if Millwall will wait for two hours after the game, Watch villas main pub untill all their lads leave and then attack it when there's ten shirters left...

Go ed nubbsy lad love it
stephendavid

Postby AV3 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:29 pm

Oh give it a break will you? You're like a stuck record.

You weren't even there so what you know about the incident could be written on the back of a postage stamp.

Stop taking cheap snipes on the internet.
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:41 pm

AV3 wrote:

You weren't even there so what you know about the incident could be written on the back of a postage stamp.

Fight fight fight
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby maccydee » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:42 pm

AV3 wrote:

Standard for him.
maccydee

Postby stephendavid » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:43 pm

AV3 wrote:

Nor were you fella so shhhhh
stephendavid

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:20 pm

SKY SPORTS

09/12/17

Millwall fans fighting with Police at Villa Park Today
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby AV3 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:SKY SPORTS

09/12/17

Don't think there was any fighting with the police. There was a silly half hearted attempt by about 30 odd to push into the section of no mans land to get towards the villa fans behind the goal but i wouldn't call it fighting with police.

All in all, Millwall didn't seem too bad, no worse than any other fans.
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:01 pm

AV3 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:SKY SPORTS

09/12/17

Don't think there was any fighting with the police. There was a silly half hearted attempt by about 30 odd to push into the section of no mans land to get towards the villa fans behind the goal but i wouldn't call it fighting with police.

All in all, Millwall didn't seem too bad, no worse than any other fans.

Cheers AV, Tv does exagerate :lol: :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluuebird69 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:07 pm

i take it all the hype resulted in nothing actually happening? :lol:
bluuebird69

Postby AV3 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:51 am

bluuebird69 wrote:i take it all the hype resulted in nothing actually happening? :lol:

It wasn't so much the hype, more the overkill by WM OB.

The road was fenced off outside the away end, making it very difficult for fans of both teams to get into the ground if approaching it from the wrong direction - It effectively meant that you had to walk all the way round, which is what happened to a family of Millwall fans who were walking up near me and also the group who sit near me.

Most Millwall fans are just the same as the rest of us and it's a shame they have to put up with these strict conditions. Unfortunately, they still have some idiots who think it's their duty to behave as if they are still in the 70s.

There were about 30 nuggets who quickly ran up the steps of the Holte end at about 2pm for a selfie before running back down again who thought that this was some kind of "result". Apart from that, there was absolutely nothing - As you would expect given the segregation that was in place outside the ground.
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:49 am

AV3 wrote:
bluuebird69 wrote:i take it all the hype resulted in nothing actually happening? :lol:

It wasn't so much the hype, more the overkill by WM OB.

The road was fenced off outside the away end, making it very difficult for fans of both teams to get into the ground if approaching it from the wrong direction - It effectively meant that you had to walk all the way round, which is what happened to a family of Millwall fans who were walking up near me and also the group who sit near me.

Most Millwall fans are just the same as the rest of us and it's a shame they have to put up with these strict conditions. Unfortunately, they still have some idiots who think it's their duty to behave as if they are still in the 70s.

There were about 30 nuggets who quickly ran up the steps of the Holte end at about 2pm for a selfie before running back down again who thought that this was some kind of "result". Apart from that, there was absolutely nothing - As you would expect given the segregation that was in place outside the ground.

Correct AV :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Previous

Return to General Chat