Postby worcester_ccfc » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:01 pm

dogfound wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
dogfound wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:That’s my advice to everyone. I’ve said from day one that we won’t get automatic promotion, and I stand by that.

Our target is to make the top six and we’re well on target for that.

But everyone should forget any hopes of making the top two, it’s just not going to happen - and never was going to happen.

People got carried away but we have given ourselves a great chance to reach our pre-season target - a place in the play-offs.

really dont understand your desperation to be proved correct over this..
your not correct btw and even if you are it will be in 4 months and not today...
its begining to sound like your cheering on defeats mate because youd prefer to be correct than we do well.

I think sometimes people get the wrong end of the stick. I would bet that everyone on her is desperate to see us go up, and that is possible even though I feel it will have to be via the play offs.

It's just that from time to time, it is worth standing back and trying to look beyond the blue of Cardiff, and see things from a neutral point of view.

I recall the horror on here when I suggested Trollope would be a big flop, that Doyle would never in a million years score goals at this level, and that Slade would not get us out of this league. Not a matter of wanting these predictions to be correct, it was just trying to be realistic and not looking at everything through blue tinted glasses.

We have spent one season at the top in the 50 years I have been a fan, and I have seen better teams than our current side down here. Fighting spirit will get you so far, but we need a lot of quality as well if we are to stay ahead of some of the big rivals closing in on us.

Like I said, I would love to be proved wrong on this as I missed our one brief spell at the top because I refused to watch us play in red. It would be a dream come true to see the real Cardiff City in the top flight.

not the wrong end of the stick at all...who are the people who got carried away ?
A} those that think we have a chance of going up based on being zero points behind 2nd spot after TWENY FOUR GAMES
or ...B} those that think we have ZERO chance based on TWO defeats with a load of injuries and their up to this point their very wrong negative early season predictions.

I was replying to the bit of wanting to be proved correct with our forecast. Obviously I can't speak for Worcester, but I expect he is the same as me, and would love to be proved incorrect. Like I said earlier, I am sure every single poster on this forum (apart from Leeds & Roathie) would love to see us win the league and be playing in the PL next season.

i hope he is the same too....but jumping on here while we are third on goal difference and could well go clear 2nd again Friday
to say .he has been PROVED correct.{ dont think he said it in this thread but did in yesterdays } ???????
we all have doubts mate.{ we are Cardiff }.and id imagine there are a few thousand out there not turning up because of doubts.

Already stated on this topic that I hope I’m proved wrong?

I didn’t say I’d been proved right about us not getting top two, but about the lack of depth in our squad - going by the last few results.

That’s just one reason why I don’t think we’ll make top two. Once again, I’ll say that I hope I’m wrong but I just can’t see us happening and we’ll fall away even more over the next weeks and months.

you did say on the thread...my view....youd been proved right recently...your post was about us not us not being good enough or having the depth to sustain a top2 challenge.....
i hope your wrong and hope that you hope you are too because football without hope and dreams is a bit pointless.

Of course I hope I’m wrong, why would any fan not want their team to do well?
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Re: “ FORGET ABOUT TOP TWO “

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby maccydee » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:09 pm

We won 4 on the trot last month. It’s not over at all. We are as good as any other team aside from Wolves.
maccydee

Postby Sven » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:26 pm

maccydee wrote:We won 4 on the trot last month. It’s not over at all. We are as good as any other team aside from Wolves.

And better than most, Neil :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Jasonccfc » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:22 am

If we buy or loan sensibly in January i believe we have an excellent chance to get top two.
I think Bristol City will drop away by febuary they are on a good run and confidence is high after the cup win aswell but i think a few bad results and they will feel the pressure..
Jasonccfc

Postby barry boy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:12 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:That’s my advice to everyone. I’ve said from day one that we won’t get automatic promotion, and I stand by that.

But everyone should forget any hopes of making the top two, it’s just not going to happen - and never was going to happen.

People got carried away but we have given ourselves a great chance to reach our pre-season target - a place in the play-offs.

thanks for your knowledgable ADVICE ....what a load of bollox. ! :bluescarf:
barry boy

Postby Bananas » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:38 am

What a negative, negative post. I'm backing the Bluebirds to bounce back tonight and still go up automatically. Get rid if that small mindedness Worcester bloke!! :old: :bluescarf:
Bananas

Postby Gaynor Straight » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:03 am

Yes we have given ourselves a great chance of finishing in the playoffs but why should we forget about the top 2?
Other teams would love to hear that we'd be happy to drop a few points here and there cos we're not trying to finish in the automatic positions.
As Spock would say- that's illogical captain
Gaynor Straight

Postby Bananas » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:05 am

Gaynor Straight wrote:

Yes we have given ourselves a great chance of finishing in the playoffs but why should we forget about the top 2?
Other teams would love to hear that we'd be happy to drop a few points here and there cos we're not trying to finish in the automatic positions.

Wise words Gaynor :clap: :malky: :headbang:
Bananas

Postby Gaynor Straight » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:17 am

Bananas wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:

Wise words Gaynor :clap: :malky: :headbang:

It's a bit like Talk Sport sometimes on here - say something so ridiculous just to get a reaction
Gaynor Straight

Postby maccydee » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:46 am

Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:We won 4 on the trot last month. It’s not over at all. We are as good as any other team aside from Wolves.

Definitely.

Very good centre backs, excellent striker. Hoilett is superb. Ralls playing very well. Patterson will really come into it 2nd half of season. Bennett class.

We have a lot of quality and a manager who will get his business squared away early and improve the team and squad. Two important players to come back in March who will revitalise the squad even more.
maccydee

Postby Bakedalasker » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:50 am

maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

Definitely.

Very good centre backs, excellent striker. Hoilett is superb. Ralls playing very well. Patterson will really come into it 2nd half of season. Bennett class.

We have a lot of quality and a manager who will get his business squared away early and improve the team and squad. Two important players to come back in March who will revitalise the squad even more.

But are we better than most for a top 2 finish? That is what the OP is referring to.

It is practically accepted Wolves will finish top. Then there is Derby who have Ledley. So yes we can forget about a top 2 finish.
Bakedalasker

Postby maccydee » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:04 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

Definitely.

But are we better than most for a top 2 finish? That is what the OP is referring to.

It is practically accepted Wolves will finish top. Then there is Derby who have Ledley. So yes we can forget about a top 2 finish.

No better or worse despite the doom mongers like yourself.

What we do have is a fantastic manager.
maccydee

Postby tylorstown18891 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:07 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

Definitely.

forget about a top two finish ? We've been there abouts all season ! :lol:
tylorstown18891

Postby BlueVanman » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:59 am

Mate, you really have a huge hard on for Ledley, why dont you just support Derby. :(

City are where they are in the table by merit not luck and have as good a chance as anyone finishing top 2.

I just don't get some fans and the constant negativity, its as if they want City to fail :banghead:
BlueVanman

Postby maccydee » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:46 am

BlueVanman wrote:

Mate, you really have a huge hard on for Ledley, why dont you just support Derby. :(

City are where they are in the table by merit not luck and have as good a chance as anyone finishing top 2.

I just don't get some fans and the constant negativity, its as if they want City to fail :banghead:

Ian doesn’t have a hard on for Ledley he’s having a dig at me.
maccydee

Postby Bluebina » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:16 pm

We should never give up on automatic, we have had terrible injuries and are still in there, the players are drifting back to match fitness and Warnock will buy and loan in January.

Bristol City will be tired in January, they have to fit in 2 extra games against Man City reserves, who will run them ragged, we are still in this never give up !!!!
Bluebina

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:31 pm

Why on earth would we forget about second :lol: we are 3rd only on goal difference and we are nearly in the new year. This is the first time in a long whole we haven't been in the top 2 and all of a sudden we are supposed to forget about it straight away :lol:

While I agree the playoffs were the target and would still be a great achievement you don't just give up on top 2 as soon as you narrowly slip out of it.

And agree this sort of nonsense should not be a sticky. Let's hope the players and management don't have such negative thoughts or we will soon see us drop massively. Clearly some fans aren't up for the fight.
2blue2handle

Postby maccydee » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:36 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Why on earth would we forget about second :lol: we are 3rd only on goal difference and we are nearly in the new year. This is the first time in a long whole we haven't been in the top 2 and all of a sudden we are supposed to forget about it straight away :lol:

While I agree the playoffs were the target and would still be a great achievement you don't just give up on top 2 as soon as you narrowly slip out of it.

And agree this sort of nonsense should not be a sticky. Let's hope the players and management don't have such negative thoughts or we will soon see us drop massively. Clearly some fans aren't up for the fight.

Top post.
maccydee

Postby Blueboys1927 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:42 pm

We will make the play offs :bluebird:
Blueboys1927

Postby brickyblue » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:11 pm

We've been top or second for a big part of half a season we and other teams will have a blip you cant win every game.
Wolves have spent big as have other teams but what is pleasing is weve learned the leasons of the past and spent sensible.
We have a good manager good team and a good chairman everyone is pulling in the same direction.
Fans are enjoying it so far injuries have taken a toll lately but our manager with support from above is looking to address it.

So for me top 2 is on and is achievable yes its gonna be hard but weve shown all season we can do it we are only third now on goal difference.so i think your wrong what you say but if we do end up in the playoffs ill be disappointed because i think we are better than that buy ill take it as thats what we set out to do.
All depends who we bring in and how long the injuries go on for but second is the aim for us surely why not.
brickyblue

Postby Bakedalasker » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:11 pm

maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

Definitely.

Ha going down that track are we Neil. Well i know whose bed you sleep in.

Yes I'm having a dig at you as you have decided to have a dig at me of late because you do not respect my opinion. Fair enough so I have decided to use your argument against you.
Bakedalasker

Postby Bakedalasker » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:15 pm

maccydee wrote:
BlueVanman wrote:

Ian doesn’t have a hard on for Ledley he’s having a dig at me.

Thank you Neil.

For the record I still believe we have a chance for a top 2 although that belief has been put to the test as off last.
Bakedalasker

Postby Steve Zodiak » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:16 pm

maccydee wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Why on earth would we forget about second :lol: we are 3rd only on goal difference and we are nearly in the new year. This is the first time in a long whole we haven't been in the top 2 and all of a sudden we are supposed to forget about it straight away :lol:

Top post.

To be fair to the Worcester, he has not made his point based on us dropping out of the top two, or based on a couple of poor results. He has been consistent with his view throughout the season, which includes our great run of results. This has not been a knee jerk reaction to a couple of bad weeks.
I have also said exactly the same thing since day one. I do not believe we will finish in the top two, and my view has always been that a play off place will be a great achievement given our financial position. I have not changed my mind at all, and I still believe that a play off place would be fantastic when everything is taken into consideration.
I know that most people on here appear to think we are going up either as champions or runners up, and that is fine as everyone is entitled to an opinion. Looks like me and Worcester are going to be wrong, as we are in one massive minority as far as our predictions are concerned. (PS. I really hope we are wrong, we will wait and see).
Steve Zodiak

Postby maccydee » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:20 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Top post.

To be fair to the Worcester, he has not made his point based on us dropping out of the top two, or based on a couple of poor results. He has been consistent with his view throughout the season, which includes our great run of results. This has not been a knee jerk reaction to a couple of bad weeks.
I have also said exactly the same thing since day one. I do not believe we will finish in the top two, and my view has always been that a play off place will be a great achievement given our financial position. I have not changed my mind at all, and I still believe that a play off place would be fantastic when everything is taken into consideration.
I know that most people on here appear to think we are going up either as champions or runners up, and that is fine as everyone is entitled to an opinion. Looks like me and Worcester are going to be wrong, as we are in one massive minority as far as our predictions are concerned. (PS. I really hope we are wrong, we will wait and see).

You are right he has been consistent
maccydee

Postby paulh_85 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:26 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Top post.

i dont understand how you cant see the difference its quite frustrating now to be honest.

thinking we wont make the top two is different to saying we have no chance and should forget about it :sleepy2:
paulh_85

Postby Bakedalasker » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:29 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Top post.

Yes Steve he has but people also are entitled to change their minds as circumstances change.

At the beginning of the season I thought we would be mid-table. I thought I had it wrong after the first 5 games. Now I was thinking we were going to finish top 2 even after the Preston game as we showed good bouncebackability. After the last 2 games I'm not too sure about top 2 now.

That the wonderful think about football.
Bakedalasker

Postby maccydee » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:32 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Sven wrote:

Definitely.

Ha going down that track are we Neil. Well i know whose bed you sleep in.

Yes I'm having a dig at you as you have decided to have a dig at me of late because you do not respect my opinion. Fair enough so I have decided to use your argument against you.

Just your opinion when it is biased and blinkered.

I’m confused by the first line of your post.
maccydee

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:59 pm

As I just said in another topic, I stand by my opinion. I strongly believe that others will start to agree with me over the next few weeks.

We’ve been punching above our weight for a lot of this season.

Some people may call me negative, but I prefer to call it realistic.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby paulh_85 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:00 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:As I just said in another topic, I stand by my opinion. I strongly believe that others will start to agree with me over the next few weeks.

realism isnt stating we have no chance of finishing second.

just looking for attention
paulh_85

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:02 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:As I just said in another topic, I stand by my opinion. I strongly believe that others will start to agree with me over the next few weeks.

realism isnt stating we have no chance of finishing second.

just looking for attention

Not at all, just posting my opinion?

I think that is realism, I don’t think there is any chance of top two.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat