“ Update on Gary Madine “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:35 pm

Just tweeted by Alan Nixon (reluctantnicko), who is often reliable with our transfer news:

Cardiff City interest in Gary Madine is real and causing some concern at Bolton. Can’t lose him. Cardiff want a striker. Grabban costly. Madine has done well this season. Wouldn’t put it past Warnock to sign two.
Attachments
66994-1475578497.jpg
66994-1475578497.jpg (455.22 KiB) Viewed 3390 times
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ Update on Gary Madine “

Postby TAP_Sheep » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:39 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Just tweeted by Alan Nixon (reluctantnicko), who is often reliable with our transfer news:

Cardiff City interest in Gary Madine is real and causing some concern at Bolton. Can’t lose him. Cardiff want a striker. Grabban costly. Madine has done well this season. Wouldn’t put it past Warnock to sign two.

Enquiries only. Sorting if Pilkington to be part of it or sperate deal all together. Just sorting that at the mo
TAP_Sheep

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:44 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Just tweeted by Alan Nixon (reluctantnicko), who is often reliable with our transfer news:

Enquiries only. Sorting if Pilkington to be part of it or sperate deal all together. Just sorting that at the mo

:thumbright: :ayatollah:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby ae15 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:00 pm

We were expecting some early signings and they haven't arrived. I feel it's as if Warnock has asked here there and everywhere and just found that everyone is far too expensive. Tan needs to realise what it's going to take to get out of this league and delve his hand in his pocket now.
ae15

Postby Sven » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:13 pm

ae15 wrote:We were expecting some early signings and they haven't arrived. I feel it's as if Warnock has asked here there and everywhere and just found that everyone is far too expensive. Tan needs to realise what it's going to take to get out of this league and delve his hand in his pocket now.

The reality here is you simply don't know! ;)

Let Neil Warnock (and Vincent Tan for that matter) go about their business and we can either moan or praise once we know the actual facts of what is occurring currently. TAP_Sheep is a pretty reliable source of info on here and suggests that 'talks' are occurring but there is some way to go, so just wait and see, eh? :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby wez1927 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:14 pm

Sven wrote:
ae15 wrote:We were expecting some early signings and they haven't arrived. I feel it's as if Warnock has asked here there and everywhere and just found that everyone is far too expensive. Tan needs to realise what it's going to take to get out of this league and delve his hand in his pocket now.

Let Neil Warnock (and Vincent Tan for that matter) go about their business and we can either moan or praise once we know the actual facts of what is occurring currently. TAP_Sheep is a pretty reliable source of info on here and suggests that 'talks' are occurring but there is some way to go, so just wait and see, eh? :thumbright:

Agree would be good if we get both him and grabban
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby TAP_Sheep » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:21 pm

Sven wrote:

Could be 100% wrong mate! I asked and that’s the last heard...could be way off...but never know and we will all see in time :)
TAP_Sheep

Postby Sven » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:34 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:
Sven wrote:

Could be 100% wrong mate! I asked and that’s the last heard...could be way off...but never know and we will all see in time :)

That's how I read it but it seems ae15 knows more than most (but obviously can't tell anyone) :thumbright: :ayatollah: :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby ae15 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:39 pm

Sven wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:
Sven wrote:

That's how I read it but it seems ae15 knows more than most (but obviously can't tell anyone) :thumbright: :ayatollah: :laughing6:

I said "I feel it's as if"?! Not saying I know, it seems no one knows! The way Warnock was talking before it was open was as if he could get players in quickly and we're at the point where it's looking pretty unlikely that we're going to get anyone in before Sunderland even. Not a great place to be in when we're desperately low on numbers and in terrible form. We need a boost now!
ae15

Postby Sven » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:51 pm

ae15 wrote:
Sven wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:
Sven wrote:

I said "I feel it's as if"?! Not saying I know, it seems no one knows! The way Warnock was talking before it was open was as if he could get players in quickly and we're at the point where it's looking pretty unlikely that we're going to get anyone in before Sunderland even. Not a great place to be in when we're desperately low on numbers and in terrible form. We need a boost now!

I'm sure the guy is working his nuts off to get there, too! ;)

Having a "feeling" amounts to little at this point, does it?

Still 20+ days to go in a notoriously difficult time to sign players and clubs know they can hold out a little when clubs in City's position come calling for their better players (and I don't just mean Madine)

Be patient and the club will make an announcement when THEY have something to say! ;) :thumbright:
Sven

Postby ae15 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:56 pm

Sven wrote:
ae15 wrote:
Sven wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:
Sven wrote:

Still 20+ days to go in a notoriously difficult time to sign players and clubs know they can hold out a little when clubs in City's position come calling for their better players (and I don't just mean Madine)

Be patient and the club will make an announcement when THEY have something to say! ;) :thumbright:

Are you not concerned at this point then? We're on a big downward trend at the moment and are seemingly unable to do anything to rectify it! The next two games (Sunderland and Mansfield) are going to be crucial to our season I feel. We need a win in at least one of them or I just see us completely losing confidence and falling down the table.
ae15

Postby Sven » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:13 pm

ae15 wrote:
Sven wrote:
ae15 wrote:
Sven wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:
Sven wrote:

Are you not concerned at this point then? We're on a big downward trend at the moment and are seemingly unable to do anything to rectify it! The next two games (Sunderland and Mansfield) are going to be crucial to our season I feel. We need a win in at least one of them or I just see us completely losing confidence and falling down the table.

No, I'm not! ;)

I've seen City in a lot worse positions than they are now and I've seen managers that don't have a Scooby Doo what they're doing on the pitch and/or in the transfer market. Neil Warnock isn't one of those and people (and I include you) need to allow him and the club to do their work. I'm sure Neil Warnock would have loved to announce all his signings at 00:01am on 1st January but it simply doesn't work like that, does it?

The January Transfer Window is notoriously tough and expensive and deals have to be made that suit both clubs, so if the club aren't 'diving in' at any cost, they certainly have my backing!

City fans (more than supporters) have a tendency to demand opposites form the club and its owner, i.e. berating them for over-spending in the first place and creating the debt and then slating the same people for not spending fortunes on payers during every Transfer Window

Neil Warnock knows what he is doing and (as I said) he will be working tirelessly to get people in ASAP. Have some patience because the only thing I know for certain is that no amount of whining and dictating on here will make an ounce of difference and the club will show its hand in due course but only when they have something positive to announce :thumbright:
Sven

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:15 pm

Truth is nobody knows what's going on behind the scenes.

What I do know is Warnock won't panic and won't be held to ransom over the price

He always seems to get good value with his signings, and it won't surprise me at all if a prominent player is sold in this window if he thinks there is better available at the right price

There has been virtually no movement in or out in the Championship so far, so let's leave it to Mr Warnock, Dalnan and Choo they've done ok so far
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:20 pm

Why are we after him? He’s an average Chsmpionship striker with no pace. He would be no improvement to our front line at all. I think Grabban is a lazy, overrated mercenary too. This isn’t good at all.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby ae15 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:24 pm

Yet we've still seen Sheffield United and Preston doing some bargain business so far!
ae15

Postby Sven » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:28 pm

ae15 wrote:Yet we've still seen Sheffield United and Preston doing some bargain business so far!

Two teams out of 24 and who is to say they'll be 'bargains'? They may just be 'cheap' buys but that can only be said when they turn out to be game-changers or otherwise for their new clubs! ;)

Read 'oohahhPaulMillar' above for some realism! :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby Danny Says » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:29 pm

ae15 wrote:Yet we've still seen Sheffield United and Preston doing some bargain business so far!

Leeds also
Danny Says

Postby Sven » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:41 pm

Danny Says wrote:

Leeds also

Leeds not made any spectacular signings and Ryan Leonard the only of those other teams signings that might have interested Neil Warnock ;)

I think Neil Warnock will spring a (pleasant) surprise and he is obviously going for what/who he needs to continue a promotion push that isn't yet broken (although sadly some on here would like to think it is) rather than signing players simply to appease supporters who think they know more than him or the budget restrains he has! :)
Sven

Postby ae15 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:53 pm

All of Evans, Leonard and Wilson would have been perfect signings and must have only cost around £1.2m in total.
ae15

Postby Pulisnewport » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:16 pm

James Wilson gone on loan to Sheff Utd
Pulisnewport

Postby bluemun » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:30 pm

Like the look of Lee Evans....better footballer than comedian anyway!
bluemun

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:38 pm

Sven wrote:

Two teams out of 24 and who is to say they'll be 'bargains'? They may just be 'cheap' buys but that can only be said when they turn out to be game-changers or otherwise for their new clubs! ;)

Read 'oohahhPaulMillar' above for some realism! :ayatollah:

There is very little going on in championship regarding bringing in players and even those who have its only relevantly small ammounts certainly city not only ones not to do anything yet, will worry with 7 days left of window and no one in.:thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby nojac » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:30 pm

I think it's quite spiteful of Bolton , not accepting our bid.
After all we've helped them out with Noone and Le fondre .
Then again I don't blame them after they took that pair off us ;)
nojac

Postby boyo1927 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:10 pm

1.million for madine is far too much. Looks like a bit of trouble off field too. Need to learn from Tom lines off field Troubles which has affected him...
boyo1927

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:51 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:James Wilson gone on loan to Sheff Utd

Decent signing for them.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Return to General Chat