' Neil Warnock Hoping to sign players '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:37 pm

BBC

Wednesday 10th Jan 2018

However, he is wrestling with a long injury list, but remains hopeful of signing at least one player before Cardiff face Sunderland in the championship on Saturday.

"We might have one in, I'd like to think we can get two in,I thought I had two coming in" he told BBC Wales Sport.

"In the transfer window it's amazing how long these things take. It's not an ideal scenario getting players in January - I might not have anyone in.

"I'm looking for strikers, players who can play in the Championship and will consider anyone we think we can do a job."
Attachments
Cardiff-City-v-Preston-North-End-Sky-Bet-Championship.jpg
Cardiff-City-v-Preston-North-End-Sky-Bet-Championship.jpg (23.62 KiB) Viewed 2749 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' Neil Warnock Hoping to sign players '

Postby Always Blue » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:48 pm

I think we need one in before saturday
ONCE A BLUE ALWAYS A BLUE
Always Blue

Postby bluemun » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:12 pm

What happened to the midfielder?
bluemun

Postby DandoCCFC » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:27 pm

Hoping and might, not good enough words for me from Warnock.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Sven » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:33 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Hoping and might, not good enough words for me from Warnock.

I've given him a call and he wants to know if you'll pop over and do the negotiating for him? :thumbright:

Apparently, the pay is pretty good but the customer appreciation is pretty much zero! :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby DandoCCFC » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:40 pm

Sven wrote:

I've given him a call and he wants to know if you'll pop over and do the negotiating for him? :thumbright:

Apparently, the pay is pretty good but the customer appreciation is pretty much zero! :(

Sven for me a manager with his experience should trust his own ability and be confident we have a chance of getting players in.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Blue_Barber » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:09 pm

Your assuming that it’s Warnock doing the negotiations - he may get to speak to them to sell his vision but I’d imagine chairman speak to chairman and agree a fee, then a meet up with the manager, then negotiating starts with contracts if he likes what he here’s not quite a cut a dry thing is it
Blue_Barber

Postby Sven » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:42 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:
Sven wrote:

Sven for me a manager with his experience should trust his own ability and be confident we have a chance of getting players in.

Alex, in all seriousness I'm sure the guy is working his backside off and he has/had players lined up but as Blue_Barber says, there is a lot beyond just selecting your targets and assuming they'll sign with no issues :thumbright:

We've seen it at City for so many years (not jut under Neil Warnock or Vincent Tan) where 'brinksmanship' has seen us lose out or bring average players in at the last minute. I think Neil Warnock will buck that trend but we just have to have faith that (a) he and the club's financiers know what they are doing, and (b) will deliver what is required within the financial constraints this club must work under, if it is to continue its journey into a debt-free future that might not include promotion this season no matter who we do or do not sign :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Return to General Chat