' Exclusive City about to sign Yannick Wildschut '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Double G » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:29 am

Sounds like our 1st tidy signing is Yannick Wildschut on loan from Norwich

Exclusive: Canaries winger set for January loan switch to Championship rivals

11 January, 2018 -

Norwich City forward Yanic Wildschut is poised to spend the rest of the season on loan at Championship promotion-chasers Cardiff.

Norwich City winger Yanic Wildschut is poised for a January loan move to Championship promotion-chasers Cardiff.

The joy is written all over Yanic Wildschut's face, as he celebrates what proved to be Norwich City's winning goal at Sheffield United in September.

The 26-year-old Dutchman has made just 13 league starts for the Canaries since joining from Wigan in the same window last year, in a move that cost Norwich closer to £4m than the £7m figure originally circulated.

With limited involvement since the arrival of head coach Daniel Farke in the summer, Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock has swooped to sign the former Heerenveen and Middlesbrough forward on loan for the rest of this season.

The move is set to be confirmed before the weekend, with a possibility the deal could become permanent in the summer.

Wildschut still has 18 months left of the initial contract he signed last January, having made 29 appearances and scored two goals.

He bagged the winner in City’s acrimonious 1-0 victory at Sheffield United back in September, with the Blades due at Carrow Road next Saturday.

His first goal came in the 1-1 draw at Bristol City last March – the game that proved to be Alex Neil’s last in charge, while Norwich head to Ashton Gate this weekend.

City have actually lost just five of the 20 games Wildschut has appeared in this term.
Attachments
image-3.jpg
image-3.jpg (88.69 KiB) Viewed 7160 times
Double G

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: City about to sign Yannick Wildschut

Postby Double G » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:36 am

Double G

Postby Double G » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:39 am

http://www.pinkun.com/norwich-city/cana ... -1-5350228

11 January, 2018 -

Norwich City forward Yanic Wildschut is poised to spend the rest of the season on loan at Championship promotion-chasers Cardiff.

Norwich City winger Yanic Wildschut is poised for a January loan move to Championship promotion-chasers Cardiff.
Double G

Postby eddiep » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:03 am

Don't know much about him

Great score on scrabble mind

:D

Fingers crossed we get him hungry to prove what he's about
you reap what you sow
eddiep

Re: ' Exclusive City about to sign Yannick Wildschut '

Postby Double G » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:18 am

I really liked him at Wigan. Tall, strong and skillfull.
Happy with this signing
Double G

Postby boyo1927 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:41 am

Looked good at Wigan hope this comes off
boyo1927

Postby GRCCFC » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:03 am

Yeah can remember seeing this boy at Wigan, very direct and pacy, not afraid to run at defenders, reminds me o a little of Josh Low but can cross a ball.
GRCCFC

Postby BluebirdsTilIDie » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:09 am

Not worth 7 million Norwich paid for him... only made 12 appearances this season. Just had a look on the Norwich forum they don’t seem that bothered tbh. Hopefully can improve under us
BluebirdsTilIDie

Postby bluebird7291 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:12 am

Yea we really need another winger......
bluebird7291

Postby GRCCFC » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:15 am

Why not Mendez-Laing and Hoilett need some competition as otherwise they know their guaranteed starters when fit, no disrespect to Feeney who tries hard but not in the level. I believe this signing would be the kick up the backside our wingers need to get them firing again.
GRCCFC

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:23 am

Transfer 24/7

Norwich City winger Yanic Wildschut is set to join Cardiff City on loan
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:33 am

Is this one of the targets or are we just wee-weeing in the wind and going for whoever now?
1980s Bluebird

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:35 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:Is this one of the targets or are we just wee-weeing un the wind and going for whoever now?

Personally I don't think Warnock has that much of a pot, to buy big.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:37 am

Forever Blue wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:Is this one of the targets or are we just wee-weeing un the wind and going for whoever now?

Is that down to FFP or just someone not wanting to invest anymore?
1980s Bluebird

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:40 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:Is this one of the targets or are we just wee-weeing in the wind and going for whoever now?

My opinion invest.

I do believe Tans visit of seeing City so bad over Xmas, did not help the situation.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby bluebird58 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:41 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:Is this one of the targets or are we just wee-weeing in the wind and going for whoever now?

Almost certainly FFP. Which is also the reason that Norwich want to offload a lot of their players.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby bluemun » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:43 am

How many wingers do we need? Paterson can play there and we've got Feeney. Hoilett has been great all season and I thought Kads was slowly returning to fitness.
Our priority must be a central midfielder and then striker. This is a strange one !
bluemun

Postby Alan_in_China » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:49 am

GRCCFC wrote:Yeah can remember seeing this boy at Wigan, very direct and pacy, not afraid to run at defenders, reminds me o a little of Josh Low but can cross a ball.

If you take a look on the Norwich message boards, they say he is pacey and direct, but without any real end product and he doesn't get any crosses in.
Alan_in_China

Postby Double G » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:54 am

Sure this guy can play upfront as well. Did when at Wigan.
I also think Hoilett has the ability to play upfront or just in behind. Be good competition for our front 3 or 4
Double G

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:01 am

not exactly the signing that excites people and not a position we needed urgently either

but gotta give the guy a chance i guess
paulh_85

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:04 am

It will add strength in depth to our cause.Probably fit our style of play more compared to Norwich.
Sneggyblubird

Postby TAP_Sheep » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:08 am

Double G wrote:Sounds like our 1st tidy signing is Yannick Wildschut on loan from Norwich

11 January, 2018 -

The joy is written all over Yanic Wildschut's face, as he celebrates what proved to be Norwich City's winning goal at Sheffield United in September.

The 26-year-old Dutchman has made just 13 league starts for the Canaries since joining from Wigan in the same window last year, in a move that cost Norwich closer to £4m than the £7m figure originally circulated.

With limited involvement since the arrival of head coach Daniel Farke in the summer, Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock has swooped to sign the former Heerenveen and Middlesbrough forward on loan for the rest of this season.

The move is set to be confirmed before the weekend, with a possibility the deal could become permanent in the summer.

Wildschut still has 18 months left of the initial contract he signed last January, having made 29 appearances and scored two goals.

He bagged the winner in City’s acrimonious 1-0 victory at Sheffield United back in September, with the Blades due at Carrow Road next Saturday.

His first goal came in the 1-1 draw at Bristol City last March – the game that proved to be Alex Neil’s last in charge, while Norwich head to Ashton Gate this weekend.

City have actually lost just five of the 20 games Wildschut has appeared in this term.

NW went in for him before he went to Norwich, but was going to bid much lower than the £7m he joined them for so no surprise he's gone back for him now he's surplus to requirements there :thumbup:
TAP_Sheep

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 am

paulh_85 wrote:not exactly the signing that excites people and not a position we needed urgently either

but gotta give the guy a chance i guess

A few other signings didn't excite me however NW has proved me wrong. He'll probably do it again.
Pulisnewport

Postby nubbsy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:20 am

bluebird7291 wrote:Yea we really need another winger......

Yeah we really do. Right now we have Feeney to cover both Hoilet and NML. NML looks jaded and completely off form.

We need a winger a cm and a striker at the very least. And that's assuming our injury list doesn't get longer.
nubbsy

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:45 am

Cardiff City set to swoop for Norwich City winger Yanic Wildschut

Thursday 11th January 2018

By Ian Miltchelmore

Cardiff City are set to make their first major move of the January window and snap up a shock deal for Norwich ace Yanic Wildschut.

And he will immediately boost the Bluebirds’ attack with the wideman adding to Neil Warnock's frontline options.

Wildschut has fallen from favour at Norwich despite the Canaries shelling out £7m for the 26-year-old just 12 months ago.

But the Dutchman has a pedigree that has convinced Warnock he can bring an extra spark to his Cardiff side as he looks to reignite their promotion-winning form.

Ajax product Wildschut, who can operate on either flank, moved to British football with Middlesbrough before catching the eye at Wigan as he scored nine goals on their way to the League One title.

He was signed by Alex Neil after seeing off competition from Derby for the direct runner, only for the Scot to be axed a 39 days later.

It is thought Norwich have been willing to listen to offers for the former Netherlands Under 21 international since the end of last season, with Wildschut kept in reserve by current Canaries chief Daniel Farke.

And according to reports in Norwich, Wildschut looks set to complete a loan switch to the Welsh capital, with the Bluebirds having the option to sign the wideman on a permanent deal in the summer.

With Cardiff keen to continue the attacking threat seen in a remarkable first half of the season, Wildschut could provide Warnock with greater depth to add to the likes of Junior Hoilett and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing.

Warnock has been without fellow flier Kadeem Harris all season after successive ankle injuries.

Injuries have taken their toll on Cardiff’s campaign, leading to a four-game losing streak in the Championship before last weekend’s FA Cup draw with Mansfield.

And the veteran boss had admitted the absences of several key men in recent weeks convinced him to push owner Vincent Tan for January signings to keep alive the dream of making it to the Premier League.

Warnock is targeting a central midfielder and striker and will hope to bring in further new faces with three weeks remaining before the close of the window. Lewis Grabban, David McGoldrick and Cameron Jerome have all been touted for moves to Cardiff City Stadium while it is thought the Bluebirds have had a seven-figure offer for frontman Gary Madine turned down by Bolton.

But Wildschut represents a significant start to his January business having already extended the loan stay of Blackburn wideman Liam Feeney until the end of the season.
Attachments
GettyImages-865964720.jpg
GettyImages-865964720.jpg (49.18 KiB) Viewed 5072 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby buckleys brewery » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:09 am

Was excellent for Wigan, in their victory down here last season. Had to go off in the second half, to Peltier's relief.
buckleys brewery

Postby AfricanBluebird » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:30 am

We really do. Kadeem is out injured and will take some time to come back, Feeney is on loan to provide cover leaving Mendez-laing and Holliet who both look like they need a rest, certainly ML. Looking at the bench in recent weeks there is not much there in terms of pace/energy to come on and make a difference.

So while a central midfield player and a striker are the priorities a winger is very welcome.
AfricanBluebird

Postby AfricanBluebird » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:32 am

nubbsy wrote:

Yeah we really do. Right now we have Feeney to cover both Hoilet and NML. NML looks jaded and completely off form.

We need a winger a cm and a striker at the very least. And that's assuming our injury list doesn't get longer.

Yes... apologies, just answered almost exactly the same.

Definitely need a winger. Also the fact that he has been in and out of the Norwich team may help us as he could be raring to go and get some games under his belt in a system at City that probably suits him more than Norwich.
AfricanBluebird

Postby RICK+CCFC » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:44 am

Forever Blue wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:Is this one of the targets or are we just pissing un the wind and going for whoever now?

My opinion invest.

I do believe Tans visit of seeing City so bad over Xmas, did not help the situation.

Interesting that you mention VT's visits coinciding with our worst run of results of the season, & with the January transfer window just a matter of a week or so away, I just wonder what he must have been thinking,,,,,,?

I dont think that so called trip to Amsterdam helped matters either!
RICK+CCFC

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:48 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:Is this one of the targets or are we just pissing un the wind and going for whoever now?

My opinion invest.

Interesting that you mention VT's visits coinciding with our worst run of results of the season, & with the January transfer window just a matter of a week or so away, I just wonder what he must have been thinking,,,,,,?

I dont think that so called trip to Amsterdam helped matters either!

Surely NW would not have been promised money and then because of poor performance over Xmas period he changed his mind, that cannot have gone down well with NW if it is the case of course
1980s Bluebird

Next

Return to General Chat