' Exclusive City about to sign Yannick Wildschut '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Exclusive City about to sign Yannick Wildschut '

Postby Danny Says » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:52 am

AfricanBluebird wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
So while a central midfield player and a striker are the priorities a winger is very welcome.

Precisely.

Especially the former.
Danny Says

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Sven » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:57 am

TAP_Sheep wrote:
Double G wrote:Sounds like our 1st tidy signing is Yannick Wildschut on loan from Norwich

Exclusive: Canaries winger set for January loan switch to Championship rivals

11 January, 2018 -

Norwich City forward Yanic Wildschut is poised to spend the rest of the season on loan at Championship promotion-chasers Cardiff.

Norwich City winger Yanic Wildschut is poised for a January loan move to Championship promotion-chasers Cardiff.

The joy is written all over Yanic Wildschut's face, as he celebrates what proved to be Norwich City's winning goal at Sheffield United in September.

The 26-year-old Dutchman has made just 13 league starts for the Canaries since joining from Wigan in the same window last year, in a move that cost Norwich closer to £4m than the £7m figure originally circulated.

With limited involvement since the arrival of head coach Daniel Farke in the summer, Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock has swooped to sign the former Heerenveen and Middlesbrough forward on loan for the rest of this season.

The move is set to be confirmed before the weekend, with a possibility the deal could become permanent in the summer.

Wildschut still has 18 months left of the initial contract he signed last January, having made 29 appearances and scored two goals.

He bagged the winner in City’s acrimonious 1-0 victory at Sheffield United back in September, with the Blades due at Carrow Road next Saturday.

His first goal came in the 1-1 draw at Bristol City last March – the game that proved to be Alex Neil’s last in charge, while Norwich head to Ashton Gate this weekend.

City have actually lost just five of the 20 games Wildschut has appeared in this term.

NW went in for him before he went to Norwich, but was going to bid much lower than the £7m he joined them for so no surprise he's gone back for him now he's surplus to requirements there :thumbup:

Would make sense of Neil Warnock's previous comments of 'trying previously to buy a player but he was/may still be out of our price range' and it seems a 'loan' deal suits both clubs right now :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby JB1 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:10 am

A hungry Dutchman - just like Lex Immers?!
JB1

Postby JakeBluebird » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:12 am

I'd be happy with this extra bit of strength in the wing area, got NML and Harris as back up now, imagine the impact them two could make off the bench against tired legs
JakeBluebird

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:12 am

JB1 wrote:A hungry Dutchman - just like Lex Immers?!

Lex Immers was a great signing, in the initial season anyway :roll:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby moonboots » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:20 am

This boy is seriously quick. I'm talking Josh Low quick. Hope he's got a better end product though. :bluescarf:
moonboots

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:12 pm

Our fans make me laugh, written off because he is Dutch like Lex Immer or because Tomlin was supposed to be good and isn’t :lol:
2blue2handle

Postby Bluesman » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:16 pm

Big, strong, quick and 2 footed. Could be a good signing. :occasion5:
Bluesman

Postby Juventus Blue » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:24 pm

I personally think this would be an excellent signing, he has all the attributes of what we require right now. I hope it comes off
CARDIFF CITY ARE BACK IN BLUE!
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE, WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUUUUEE!
CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPIONS 2012/13
CHAMPIONSHIP RUNNERS UP 2017/18
Juventus Blue

Postby bluebird7291 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:25 pm

I don't think we do. In reply to the previous two replies too me.
Harris due back. We also have Patterson who can Play as a winger.
Healey could do a job too if needed.

We are crying out for a striker and if not 2 CMs.

But I wouldn't grumble at this signing if we get the above aswell.
bluebird7291

Postby bluebird7291 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:27 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Our fans make me laugh, written off because he is Dutch like Lex Immer or because Tomlin was supposed to be good and isn’t :lol:

Its crazy. Also unfair on Tomlin. Hes about the only midfield player who has something about him. Just needs to sort his fitness.
bluebird7291

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:28 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:I don't think we do. In reply to the previous two replies too me.

I would agree about Harris but they keep saying he is due back and then its another reason and another at the moment I don't think you can depend on him.

Patterson has been hugely disappointing and Healy for me doesn't do it out wide, while they can do a job in that position, along with Feeney if we want to push for promotion I think we need another quality wide player while its doubtful how much we can rely on Harris
2blue2handle

Postby llan bluebird » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:29 pm

Warnock was a winger, he knows they drift in and out of form more than any other type of player. If it allows NML or Holiett to get up to peak condition again its a great deal.

We all know we need centre mids, but ready made top 6 championship caliber do not grow on trees and cost a bit......A premier league outcast is the best we can hope for.
llan bluebird

Postby TrueBlue99 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:37 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:I don't think we do. In reply to the previous two replies too me.

Warnock could be planning on using Paterson as CM, like he did against Mansfield on Saturday, or at least a backup CM. Granted it's not his best position, he does run about alot and he is tall so he is useful for winning headers.

I wouldn't worry if this one doesn't come of but I will certainly support him if he does join us, besides Feeney is no world beater but we are more likely to get a injury in the winger department again so I think this signing, if it does happen, will help us more than hinder us.

:thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:
TrueBlue99

Postby nubbsy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:47 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

I would agree about Harris but they keep saying he is due back and then its another reason and another at the moment I don't think you can depend on him.

Patterson has been hugely disappointing and Healy for me doesn't do it out wide, while they can do a job in that position, along with Feeney if we want to push for promotion I think we need another quality wide player while its doubtful how much we can rely on Harris

We can't depend on Harris your right, he's constantly injured and he's never even had a run of consistent form.

Patterson is definitely not a winger in my eyes, he doesn't seem a natural full back either. I think he needs a pre season under his belt to settle into a role.
nubbsy

Postby Dahboy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:11 pm

What a great signing if we can pull it off?
Dahboy

Postby TAP_Sheep » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:15 pm

Sven wrote:
TAP_Sheep wrote:
Double G wrote:Sounds like our 1st tidy signing is Yannick Wildschut on loan from Norwich

Exclusive: Canaries winger set for January loan switch to Championship rivals

11 January, 2018 -

Norwich City forward Yanic Wildschut is poised to spend the rest of the season on loan at Championship promotion-chasers Cardiff.

Norwich City winger Yanic Wildschut is poised for a January loan move to Championship promotion-chasers Cardiff.

The joy is written all over Yanic Wildschut's face, as he celebrates what proved to be Norwich City's winning goal at Sheffield United in September.

The 26-year-old Dutchman has made just 13 league starts for the Canaries since joining from Wigan in the same window last year, in a move that cost Norwich closer to £4m than the £7m figure originally circulated.

With limited involvement since the arrival of head coach Daniel Farke in the summer, Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock has swooped to sign the former Heerenveen and Middlesbrough forward on loan for the rest of this season.

The move is set to be confirmed before the weekend, with a possibility the deal could become permanent in the summer.

Wildschut still has 18 months left of the initial contract he signed last January, having made 29 appearances and scored two goals.

He bagged the winner in City’s acrimonious 1-0 victory at Sheffield United back in September, with the Blades due at Carrow Road next Saturday.

His first goal came in the 1-1 draw at Bristol City last March – the game that proved to be Alex Neil’s last in charge, while Norwich head to Ashton Gate this weekend.

City have actually lost just five of the 20 games Wildschut has appeared in this term.

NW went in for him before he went to Norwich, but was going to bid much lower than the £7m he joined them for so no surprise he's gone back for him now he's surplus to requirements there :thumbup:

Would make sense of Neil Warnock's previous comments of 'trying previously to buy a player but he was/may still be out of our price range' and it seems a 'loan' deal suits both clubs right now :thumbright:

100% mate, he was going to offer no where near £7m so a loan deal is good business now. May look into permanent in the summer if he impresses then :thumbright:
TAP_Sheep

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:09 pm

I would be very happy with this signing! I wanted us to sign him when he was with Wigan! Pacey, direct and a right handful! He will get bums off seats!
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby Sneggyblubird » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:08 pm

It is good business to let him come here as if he does well his value will go up as he will still have 12months left on his contract.
Sneggyblubird

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:It is good business to let him come here as if he does well his value will go up as he will still have 12months left on his contract.

When do we need to complete by for eligibility Saturday?
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Sloper Road » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:16 pm

is he cup tied?
Sloper Road

Postby moonboots » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:01 pm

Sloper Road wrote:is he cup tied?

Yes. He played 3 minutes v Chelsea.!!!
moonboots

Postby Ketteringblues » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:53 pm