Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Latest : Warnock on the January transfer window

Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:14 pm

Warnock on the January transfer window

11/01/18

Neil Warnock has given an interview to TalkSport, and the Yorkshireman has revealed he was confident of making an addition to his squad this week, although the move didn’t materialise.

Here’s what he had to say.

NEIL WARNOCK:

“We’re a bit short of strikers when you look at our opposition, most of them have got four or five to choose from and we’re a bit thin in that respect.
“I’m trying to bring two or three players in, I keep hitting a brick wall here and there. I’m optimistic in the next couple of weeks we can do something, I was hoping I could get somebody in this week but it’s not really materialised so we’ve just got to keep plugging away.”

Re: Latest : Warnock on the January transfer window

Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:49 pm

So won’t be signing that boy from Norwich before Saturday then?

Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:06 pm

Cannot recall who it was but they responded to one of my posts with "Its only 4th January :banghead: ", well it is now the 11th of January :roll: and still we have no addition to our first team squad before a game that in all honesty we must win on Saturday.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:19 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:Cannot recall who it was but they responded to one of my posts with "Its only 4th January :banghead: ", well it is now the 11th of January :roll: and still we have no addition to our first team squad before a game that in all honesty we must win on Saturday.

probably me, as January is all last minute. People dont sell good players unless they get the replacement first.
Always the same.

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:42 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:Cannot recall who it was but they responded to one of my posts with "Its only 4th January :banghead: ", well it is now the 11th of January :roll: and still we have no addition to our first team squad before a game that in all honesty we must win on Saturday.

Not even half way through the month. :oops:

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:00 pm

Should go for chris martin and jonny Russel from derby both available for 500k each

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:30 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:

probably me, as January is all last minute. People dont sell good players unless they get the replacement first.
Always the same.

Or could have been me :)

I maintain we need patience and to let the manager do his job until he finds the right people at the right prices/deals rather than buying to appease the impatient amongst our fan group ;)

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:38 pm

But.....Warnock did build up expectations by saying there would be a couple of signings this week, including one big one, a midfielder! If nothing was finalised, then maybe he shouldn't have said that.

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:01 am

How much has Tan given NW to spend / use in this transfer window ???

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:38 am

Ryan Kent quality winger wouldn't cost much on loan for the season from Liverpool had a very good season with Barnsley last season so has experience of championship, so if we were in for a winger he should be the one to go for i think. But what a shock linked with our 2 big rivals Bristol and Sheffield United. In Warnock we trust :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: