' Declining attendances at the City '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Brezza » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:18 pm

No wonder. It's hard enough when sky changes things - however sometimes it's to our benefit. But the change in date for the Bristol game to a graveyard 12 noon on Sunday when it's not on sky is ridiculous. The police have yet again gone over the top.

They always police the stadium well and would do so again with a 3 o'clock Saturday kick off so why the need to change. The matchday atmosphere will be eroded at a time when we need to crank it up. It is Bristol who misbehave when they come here and yet we are again penalised. The severnside derby is now never held on a traditional 3 o'clock Saturday.

No wonder people get fed up and stay away from football. I hope the police are as vigilante when Wales entertain Scotland in the rugby when there is a great deal of drunkedness, Apalling behaviour and language and often fighting but which they often turn a blind eye too.

Football is a game for supporters, fans and is an entertainment business. Sadly they have no say in the matter anymore. Surely the club and police could sort these things out. I'm sure I speak for many when I say I am thoroughly disillusioned.
Brezza

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Declining attendances at the City

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:33 pm

Agree with you. There will be around an extra 50k people for the rugby, and we all know that a good few of them will be pi55ed as farts and performing. If they can cope with that, they should be capable of policing a football match with 25k fans, most of whom will behave themselves. For some reason, the establishment would'nt dream of upsetting the world of rugby, but football fans seem to be fair game.
Steve Zodiak

Postby dogfound » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:42 pm

the Sheffield derby is Friday night 7.45..
yet Bristol police flatly denied Sky permission to televise our game at Ashton gate at the same day and time.
yet apparently we can play in the Den on a Friday..
conclusion..the cops here are useless softies compared to police elsewhere.
dogfound

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:49 pm

dogfound wrote:the Sheffield derby is Friday night 7.45..
yet Bristol police flatly denied Sky permission to televise our game at Ashton gate at the same day and time.

Nah its fact that rugby fans can't behave themselves and need all police to keep them in check! Plus remember what happened last game at home with the wurzels? They were norty boys so in this instance can't blame pc plod :old:
pembroke allan

Postby dogfound » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:35 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

Nah its fact that rugby fans can't behave themselves and need all police to keep them in check! Plus remember what happened last game at home with the wurzels? They were norty boys so in this instance can't blame pc plod :old:

is this a joke...the rugby is away and there are many games that will attract much bigger crowds that have a history of trouble allowed to take place at reasonable times.
dogfound

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:52 pm

dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

is this a joke...the rugby is away and there are many games that will attract much bigger crowds that have a history of trouble allowed to take place at reasonable times.

People still go to town when Wales play away! but you know as well as I do when city are involved with potential problem clubs game gets moved by plod remind me what happened to city away in this game?
pembroke allan

Postby dogfound » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:07 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
dogfound wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

People still go to town when Wales play away! but you know as well as I do when city are involved with potential problem clubs game gets moved by plod remind me what happened to city away in this game?

yes and people will go into town if Wales are not playing at all and i dont need to remind you that what happened to the KO for the 1st game was also wrong.
10 thousand wrongs dont make a right.
we probably did deserve special treatment years ago but not now.
i dont understand how the police get away with this .i really dont understand our fans agreeing with it.
dogfound

Return to General Chat