grange_end1927

Look what Warnock has put up with

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Look what Warnock has put up with

Postby davids » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:22 pm

Not been easy that's for sure.

That list doesn't include the time Zohore and Mendez-Laing were out as well.
davids

Postby grange_end1927 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:27 pm

davids wrote:Not been easy that's for sure.

That list doesn't include the time Zohore and Mendez-Laing were out as well.

Very true mate :thumbright:
grange_end1927

Postby Sloper Road » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:45 pm

4 of those players are not injured anymore.Plikington.has not been injured as far as im aware.Some are not first on the team sheet either.Gunners is the only one who would have played every game this season if fit.A squad that's struggled but not the first 11 only since Morrison was out.
Sloper Road

Postby KBK-13 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:19 pm

Sloper Road wrote:4 of those players are not injured anymore.Plikington.has not been injured as far as im aware.Some are not first on the team sheet either.Gunners is the only one who would have played every game this season if fit.A squad that's struggled but not the first 11 only since Morrison was out.

Harris would’ve played a fair bit and would have been used to rotate with NML and Hoilett
KBK-13

Postby billy ronson » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:03 am

Because the injury list is long then other players are having to play thru knocks or are rushed back into the team as we are already short particularly for midfield at the moment
It also means that if players have a loss of form , NW is having to play them because there are no options on bench ,

If we were mid-table then he might not have played them but with us being in the mix for playoffs then he has no choice as every point is precious.

hopefully we will break the run on Saturday :bluescarf:
I'm free to be
Whatever I, whatever I choose
And I'll sing the blues if I want
billy ronson

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:12 am

That list doesn't include Zahore, Patterson or Healey who all had long periods out injured

It's been a bit of a nightmare and was always going to catch up with us at some point
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby nubbsy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:27 am

Sloper Road wrote:4 of those players are not injured anymore.Plikington.has not been injured as far as im aware.Some are not first on the team sheet either.Gunners is the only one who would have played every game this season if fit.A squad that's struggled but not the first 11 only since Morrison was out.

Regardless of who you think would be Garenteed first 11 you clearly don't understand the importance of a squad.

Bryson, gunnar, jazz, pelts, bryson, camp, kads, ward and tbh pretty much H everyone bar one or two on that list would all make a fair argument at some point in the season to start a run of games or cover for injuries and fatigue. But we haven't had that option and the damage has been evident come the last month.
nubbsy

Postby Sloper Road » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:19 pm

You clearly dont understand who is injured and who is not.

Don,t overplay the problem,all teams have players out injured over a season.

Some of the players on your list would not be first choice or even second choice, in fact one or two of those Warnock would like to sell.

The main injury is Gunners and/was Morrison ,the rest in my opinion would not have changed any results.
Sloper Road

Postby nubbsy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:25 pm

Sloper Road wrote:You clearly dont understand who is injured and who is not.

Don,t overplay the problem,all teams have players out injured over a season.

Some of the players on your list would not be first choice or even second choice, in fact one or two of those Warnock would like to sell.

The main injury is Gunners and/was Morrison ,the rest in my opinion would not have changed any results.

You've just clarified my first statement, thank you.
nubbsy

Postby Cantonblu » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:36 pm

All teams have an injury list but for some unknown reason ours is much larger than others at least at the moment we're winning something.
Cantonblu

Postby WelshPatriot » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:05 pm

It has massive implications starter or not it prevents squad rotation and gives us no chance to rest players against certain teams or even make changes.

It's not as simple as you put it.
WelshPatriot

Postby Sloper Road » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:23 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:

It has massive implications starter or not it prevents squad rotation and gives us no chance to rest players against certain teams or even make changes.

It's not as simple as you put it.

We have only played 20 odd games for gods sake...It also depends what you mean by squad there's the match day squad and the full squad....players like Fred ,Pilkington probably Connolly would not be in the best 17 players. There are some squad players who are fit and have not played like Mark Harris.

We have a squad of 28 players if you take off 1 goal keeper Camp.We have 27 players of that we have only K Harris has been unavailable all season.We have always had more than 17 players to choose from. Typically of the 25 available we had no more than 6 unavailable for selection at any only time. leaving 19 of which only 17 get to be selected for the match day.

Of course Warnock has had enough players to make changes he has. To me a crisis is when you start playing the youngsters or cant fill the subs bench. When we started the season he knew Camp, Harris, and Patterson were long term injuries , i think the only other long term has been Gunnerson.He also knew we had some players prone to injury such as Richards, Peltier, Connolly.

Of the main starting 11 in our first 5 games only Gunnerson is unavailable for selection against Sunderland.
Sloper Road

Postby Steve Zodiak » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:33 pm

All managers have to cope with an injury crisis from time to time. My concern at the very start of the season was the strength in depth here, and how we would cope when injuries and suspensions kicked in. Hopefully Warnock can get a couple more quality players in, but easier said than done when you are shopping in the bargain basement.
Steve Zodiak

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:03 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:All managers have to cope with an injury crisis from time to time. My concern at the very start of the season was the strength in depth here, and how we would cope when injuries and suspensions kicked in. Hopefully Warnock can get a couple more quality players in, but easier said than done when you are shopping in the bargain basement.

Spot On .
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat