"I'm not expecting a big welcome from the Cardiff City fans

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:16 pm

"I'm not expecting a big welcome from the Cardiff City fans, being down the road from Swansea!" - Chris Coleman on returning to Cardiff City Stadium with Sunderland this weekend.
Attachments
DTQxpISXkAAN9aZ.jpg
DTQxpISXkAAN9aZ.jpg (109.33 KiB) Viewed 4987 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: "I'm not expecting a big welcome from the Cardiff City f

Postby Wayne S » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:50 pm

I'd be ashamed if he got anything other than a good reception.

Whatever his origins or allegiances Coleman did Wales proud and deserves the recognition.
Wayne S

Postby CardiffCityBlue » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:02 pm

Wayne S wrote:I'd be ashamed if he got anything other than a good reception.

Whatever his origins or allegiances Coleman did Wales proud and deserves the recognition.

I respect all he done for wales and give him credit

But Saturday he’s our opponent so he’s against us we are against him also he’s a jack so should get stick it’s all part of football

Don’t see a problem he knows the score as he’s said above what would you want to do chant his name throughout the game because he done well with wales ? No thanks he’s had his send off everyone had the chance to praise him then but not many turned up
CardiffCityBlue

Postby Lawnmower » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:06 pm

I'd like to give him a welcome before kick off to show respect for what he did for Wales.

After that he's the enemy.
Lawnmower

Postby brettski » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:11 pm

Well I'm 100% Blue and he may be a Jack but when I was in Mexico on holiday with my son playing England we did a sky dive both shitting ourselves when we went up it was 1 nil wales we felt great came down and it was 2 1 the enemy, gutted, but watching Coleman and Gunter after the defeat to Portugal and in Cardiff on the bus made me proud, So he gets my full respect. Only a win on Saturday will be welcome for me but Chris Coleman is also welcome :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
brettski

Postby Vincent Man » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:14 pm

I would like to hear a
"We love u Coleman we do, we love you Coleman we do , oh Coleman we love you " followed straight away with a "you jack b*****d"
Vincent Man

Postby griff105 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:16 pm

He walked out on Wales for a shit hole town bottom of the 2nd division.
And he's a jack.

Made his bed.
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor
griff105

Postby brettski » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:20 pm

Did he walk out or did he think he could not progress with the current set up? Just putting :bluescarf: :bluescarf: it out there!
brettski

Postby Wayne S » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:21 pm

CardiffCityBlue wrote:

I respect all he done for wales and give him credit

But Saturday he’s our opponent so he’s against us we are against him also he’s a jack so should get stick it’s all part of football

Don’t see a problem he knows the score as he’s said above what would you want to do chant his name throughout the game because he done well with wales ? No thanks he’s had his send off everyone had the chance to praise him then but not many turned up

Good reception but after the game starts he should get stick. :)
Wayne S

Postby Sven » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:27 pm

I agree with you on that one; but sadly there will be some hypocrites with very short memories :(

I'm not a fan of international football but can appreciate what Chris Coleman did after some pretty hostile beginnings and a lot of Cardiff City fans enjoyed the ride he took them on :clap:

No applause but no booing from me on Saturday. Just another game against another team we simply have to beat ;)

Now, if it were the 'Jacks' themselves, that would be different... :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Wayne S » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:30 pm

Vincent Man wrote:I would like to hear a
"We love u Coleman we do, we love you Coleman we do , oh Coleman we love you " followed straight away with a "you jack b*****d"

I like this idea.
Wayne S

Postby Bluebina » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:"I'm not expecting a big welcome from the Cardiff City fans, being down the road from Swansea!" - Chris Coleman on returning to Cardiff City Stadium with Sunderland this weekend.

Good cos you’re not going to get one :thumbup:
Bluebina

Postby Sneggyblubird » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:29 am

Wayne S wrote:
Vincent Man wrote:I would like to hear a

I like this idea.

And me,I'm sure he'd see the funny side.
Sneggyblubird

Postby bluemun » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:25 am

Hopefully, he'll get a good reception. Did a brilliant job for Cymru and, don't forget, our best fullback is also a Jack!
bluemun

Postby Bonner » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:38 am

Will clap him at end... or maybe before.. once game starts he is opposition trying to beat us... and he is a jack through and through ... hit the road jack
Bonner

Postby RYANBLUE » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:44 am

Got a lot of time for Coleman. He left Wales as lets face it, overachieved and will never replicate the success of 2016...

With not qualifying for WC it was the slow start of failure and I think by going to a side at the bottom of the pack - there is no pressure. If they go down he can say they were in that mess before he took over
RYANBLUE

Postby bluebird7291 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:46 am

How soft have we become!? He left Wales because of greed. Wales also saved his career. And He's a bloody Jack!
And people can't to sing they love him....
God I wish we was back in ninian park, we've gone soft
bluebird7291

Postby Jock » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:39 am

bluebird7291 wrote:How soft have we become!? He left Wales because of greed. Wales also saved his career. And He's a bloody Jack!

Snowflake Soyboy generation.
Jock

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:43 am

Jock wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:How soft have we become!? He left Wales because of greed. Wales also saved his career. And He's a bloody Jack!

Absolutely.
Cardiff v Sunderland, nothing to do with anything except this match and 3 points and some of our fans want to sing - we love you - to the opposite manager?
Pathetic.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Vincent Man » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:17 am

Snowflake generation pmsl
Vincent Man

Postby bluebird7291 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:20 am

Jock wrote:

I fall into that generation (Just) sadly, might have to get a flag made with Coleman on it now.... :lol:
bluebird7291

Postby Vincent Man » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:25 am

I can die a happy man seeing Wales qualify for a major tournament. Then doing unbelievably well . I was a proud Welshman and i thank Coleman for his part in that .
Vincent Man

Postby epping blue » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:42 am

Vincent Man wrote:I can die a happy man seeing Wales qualify for a major tournament. Then doing unbelievably well . I was a proud Welshman and i thank Coleman for his part in that .

That's my absolute take on it too, but people have different views and you just have to accept that position. To be fair to them most would hold the same view if we come away from France having won the bloody thing. Me I'd gladly contribute to a statue of him outside the city stadium but its never going to happen. If there is downside its the failing to qualify for Russia - he has to take full responsibility for the failings in those first few games. We'll never have a better chance to qualify for a world cup.
epping blue

Postby blue lagoon » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:01 am

Everybody should stand up and give a round of applause. Once a jack always a jack in people's eyes.
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE!
blue lagoon

Postby Danny Says » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:07 am

I think last time he was at Cardiff as a manager it was for Coventry in the Championship.

The tannoy music was Hit the Road Jack after we won the game.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=hit+the+r ... lang=en-US
Danny Says

Postby goats » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:37 am

Deserves a good reception, then grief all game, he won’t mind the banter..... :bluescarf:
goats

Postby davids » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:44 am

Did a great job as manager of Wales.

Tomorrow however is not a Wales game so he's just another opposition manager looking to beat us and go home with 3 points.

Won't clap him, won't boo him and will just ignore him like I would with any other visiting manager (unless he behaves like a prat on the touchline when he'll deserve all the abuse he'll get).

Also for the same reason I won't be applauding Jonny Williams if he plays for them tomorrow.
davids

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:19 pm

I certainly wont be clapping him and he will get some you jack B*** chants but why shouldn't he. This isn't a international game this is club football and while Euros was great at the end of the day he left wales after a failed tournament where we were one of the top seeds. :bluescarf:
2blue2handle

Postby bluebird7291 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:22 pm

blue lagoon wrote:Everybody should stand up and give a round of applause. Once a jack always a jack in people's eyes.

no, not really. I think he done a good job, wasn't the hardest though. The only game he surprised me in the Euro's was Belgium and same with qualifying. Walked into the perfect job for me. A team with belief in each-other. With some star players. Just needed to motivate them really.
But my point is, his career was as good as dead. Wales gave him a life line, you have to remember wasn't that long ago Wales managers had part time contracts. He left Wales because 1. didn't pay him enough. 2. wanted all his staff to have full time contracts. He left due to greed.
I'm not a fan of Coleman at all, never really have been. But im not going to boo him tomorrow out of respect for WHAT he achieved. But singing his name is something else. Sing his name for Wales is fine, but he's a Sunderland manager now who in my eyes either bottled it or tried to rip Wales off.
bluebird7291

Postby llan bluebird » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:03 pm

Happy clappers - How many games should we welcome him ? Is it a lifetime pass because we had an experience of a lifetime 18 months ago ?

IMO- The opposition manager feelings matter very little, its a sideshow. He will want to beat us and gain the three points because he is a professional sportsman. Just another suit sitting the other side to Warnock, i will neither boo him nor clap him.

He is not Garry Monk, but he is not a fan of Cardiff City and his last job had to mitigate that fact.
llan bluebird

Next

Return to General Chat