' CARDIFF CITY CONFIRM NEW SIGNING '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:47 am

CONFIRMED | #CardiffCity are delighted to announce the Loan signing of Yanic Wildschut from @NorwichCityFC!

The winger arrives at Cardiff City Stadium for the remainder 2017/18 campaign.

Having started his professional career in his native Netherlands with FC Zwolle, Wildschut also turned out for VVV-Venlo, SC Heerenveen and ADO Den Haag, before making the switch to Middlesbrough in 2014.

Since that date, the 26-year-old has gained ample experience of Championship football with Boro, Wigan Athletic and Norwich City.
Attachments
GettyImages-649311780.jpg
GettyImages-649311780.jpg (17.26 KiB) Viewed 6175 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY CONFIRM NEW SIGNING '

Postby Danny Says » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:48 am

That is good news

:bluebird: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
Danny Says

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:01 am

Pleased with this one - Havent seen the player much myself but I've heard good things. :ayatollah:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:09 am

Hopefully will be a good signing. Good luck to him.
1980s Bluebird

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:15 am

Cardiff City confirm loan signing of winger Yanic Wildschut from Norwich City -

Friday 12th Jan 2018

Cardiff City have signed winger Yanic Wildschut on loan from Norwich City until the end of the season.

The Dutchman has fallen out of favour under Daniel Farke at Carrow Road, making just seven starts in 20 appearances for the Canaries so far this season following his move to Norfolk from Wigan Athletic last January.

And Cardiff confirmed on Friday morning that the 26-year-old will spend the remainder of the 2017-18 campaign in South Wales.

He will be available for the Bluebirds' Championship clash with Chris Coleman's Sunderland at Cardiff City Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

Warnock has already extended winger Liam Feeney's loan deal from League One outfit Blackburn Rovers until the end of the current campaign given that fellow flier Kadeem Harris remains sidelined having not featured for the first team this season.

And the addition of Wildschut - who can also operate in a central role - will no doubt help to ease the pressure on current first choice wingers Nathaniel Mendez-Laing and Junior Hoilett.
Attachments
GettyImages-649311780-2.jpg
GettyImages-649311780-2.jpg (22.7 KiB) Viewed 5710 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:39 am

If he can get back to the form he was showing 12 months ago will be an impressive signing

Need to get Kads back now..Holliett, Mendez-Laning, Harris and this guy all fully fit is better than anything else in the Championship for wide men
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby NIBluebird » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:42 am

Lets hope he`s fit and ready to step in tomorrow.
NIBluebird

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:20 pm

Got a good feeling about this guy, maybe the boost we need to get going again.
2blue2handle

Postby nojac » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:31 pm

Our wingers probably work the hardest in the team.
They are expected to cover the full backs in defence, then are expected to get up the wing when we attack.
Also cover the midfield .
No wonder they are subbed regular especially Hoilett , the work they get through.
But unfortunately with Harris's injury , we have never been able to rotate on a regular basis.
Feeney was brought in for that reason , but I think we need YW who I think is a little better.
Hopefully with Harris coming back soon , and with Hoilett,NML(who I don't think is fully fit) and now YW (it'll take me a while to get his name right).
That should do us .
Now for central midfield and maybe a striker, and I think we'll be ok .
nojac

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:56 pm

Shame he is cup tied, came on 87mins v Chelsea :twisted:
2blue2handle

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:58 pm

Kevin McNaughton

@KevMcnaughton
All the best @yanicw33 at the bluebirds, not seen pace like yours down the flanks since I was there :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby norms76 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:30 pm

Great first signing. He’s quick as fvck! I also like the fact that Warnock has said he’s looking to get quality in, better than what we’ve got.

If this is sign of things to come then we’re going to be a very, very decent side when he gets another two and the lads who are injured come back. Excited again after a poor last few weeks. :ayatollah:
norms76

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:36 pm

norms76 wrote:Great first signing. He’s quick as fvck! I also like the fact that Warnock has said he’s looking to get quality in, better than what we’ve got.

If this is sign of things to come then we’re going to be a very, very decent side when he gets another two and the lads who are injured come back. Excited again after a poor last few weeks. :ayatollah:

This is a typical Warnock signing. Transfered for good money, short time out of the lime light, just a loan, arm around him and watch him fly.
This is exactly the type of transfer I expect. Short term cost especially in janaury.
2blue2handle

Postby bluemun » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:03 pm

Have to admit he was impressive when he came on today. I think I'd pick him over Mendez at present.
bluemun

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:12 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
norms76 wrote:Great first signing. He’s quick as fvck! I also like the fact that Warnock has said he’s looking to get quality in, better than what we’ve got.

This is a typical Warnock signing. Transfered for good money, short time out of the lime light, just a loan, arm around him and watch him fly.
This is exactly the type of transfer I expect. Short term cost especially in janaury.

Luke, we said Neil Warnock would spring a surprise or two and today this looked like a good move! :thumbright: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Blue_Barber » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:35 am

Was totally underwhelmed when it was confirmed but watching him up top yesterday was a breathe of fresh air we’ve not had a player like that in a while
Blue_Barber

Postby Bluesman » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:41 am

It won't take long for our coaching staff to take the flare out of him.
Bluesman

Return to General Chat