Jerks worse off than I thought....love it.

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby GENERAL CHAT » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:34 am

Only just found this on planet swamp. Fantastic read, we even get a mention.

Still, after all they have said about Vincent Tan and our club, just desserts maybe ? :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Kaplan and Levien now own 3 sports teams that are all in last place
MyFinalHeaven

1. DC United, which Levien owns and is the managing director of. They recently finished tied for last place in the 22 team MLS and scored the fewest number of goals. Last place, least amount of goals--talk about a parallel to us.

2. Memphis Grizzlies, which Kaplan owns and is the Vice Chairman of. Currently dead last in the Western Conference of the NBA.

3. And of course, us. Dead last in the EPL and like DC United, also dead last when it comes to goals scored.

This is a new low in sports ownership history. Never before has an individual or a group of individuals who owned 2 or more clubs ever had them all in last place like this. And these blokes own 3. Congrats on the accomplishment you stupid cvnts. It takes a special kind of incompetence and uselessness to achieve such a task, and somehow you two managed it.

What sticks out for me most is with the other football team they own besides ours, DC United, which has gone down a very similar path to SCFC since Levien took them over back in 2012. It's eerie almost in the similarities. In his first full season as owner in 2013 DC United finished dead last, and in every year of his ownership they've been in the bottom 4 of the league in terms of wage bills. And just like us, Levien has not put a cent into the club. Looking at DC United fans talk about their ownership on social media and on their message board, it's strikingly reminiscent of ours, with their supporters expressing utter hopelessness and frustration about how club brass don't give two fvcks about the club, how they only care about making money, and how even the bare minimum isn't being put in. Have a look at DC United's transfer spending sheet year by year, it's one of the most depressing things I have ever seen. In 6 years of ownership Levien has spent just £4.6m on players, and they had THREE SEASONS WHERE THEY DIDN'T EVEN SPEND A SINGLE DOLLAR ON PLAYERS:

Levien has ran to the press and postured about how desperate he is to spend and win though. Check out what he said back in April 2013. The team would end up spending £0 on players that season:

“We are willing to spend what it takes to be competitive at the upper echelons of the league,” he said. “The revenue streams are still not there, but while we are mindful of that, we want to win. And we owe it to our fans and our own competitive nature to assemble a roster that can compete with anyone in the league.”

Sound familiar? That's because it is. Remember what Levien said in his first conference after the takeover about how willing he was to spend, bragging endlessly about his "financial resources," how he wanted to "make a splash," and how we were no longer going to be a selling club or a club that players used as a stepping stone?:

"We will be relentless in our determination to continually improve this club - and we have the financial resources to do so. We will be competitive and we will outwork our opponents on the pitch and in the boardroom."

"We want to build a football club that is competitive...perhaps Swansea has been seen as a stepping-stone club for some players in the past, a chance to show what they can do in the Premier League before moving quickly on. Those days are over."

“I think Huw has a tremendous football mind and he’s proven that over more than a decade. We want to make sure Huw and the club have the resources to succeed. We want to make a splash."

But wait, it gets even worse. Let's not forget Levien also said the following:

"Steve and I have both said our first, second and third priority is what's going to help us on the pitch short and long-term."

"Our message to fans is we are very focused on winning and continued success."

"The biggest thing of all is that when we go out on that pitch we're competitive."

"It's something that I love, something that drives me to be involved in sports - you're in the game to win the game and that's why we're here."

"We recognise this club means so much to so many people and we take the responsibility as owners very seriously. While we plan on being long-term owners we know the team belongs to the community. In essence, we see ourselves as guardians of the club but it belongs to the fans of Swansea City. One thing we want to be clear about is our priorities as owners. Priority number one, two and three is the performance of the team on the pitch. We will field a competitive team that will battle every week against the greatest teams and players in the world. We know there is always a sense of fear and trepidation when new owners arrive on the scene but we will do everything in our power to win your trust and ensure there is a long and bright future for Swansea City."

Given all this, and with Kaplan and Levien's utterly horrendous track record when it comes to sports ownership, it is absolutely appalling why Jenkins would sell to these two, especially when he's babbled so much over the years about how he wants to ensure Swansea City is in the right hands and continues to move forward when he eventually leaves. It's especially perplexing when you take into account that he had turned down John Jay Moores' attempt to purchase us, someone who actually has a somewhat successful history of owning a team with the San Diego Padres, which he owned from 1994 to 2008. How he could turn down Moores, or anyone really, for these two con men is absolutely incredible. My only guess is that Moores' offer did not include a guarantee he would stay on as chairman and remain in power like K&L's offer, and that Moores was looking to replace him with a proper DoF should he have taken over.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/ ... place/#114
Edmund: Have you ever been to Wales, Baldrick?
Baldrick: No, but I've often thought that I'd like to.
Edmund: Well don't. It's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the valleys terrifying people with their close-harmony singing
GENERAL CHAT

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Jerks worse off than I thought....love it.

Postby Bananas » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:20 am

:occasion5: :occasion5: :occasion5:
Bananas

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:41 am

Swansea's owners are doing a brilliant job long may it continue :thumbup:

And to think they were critical of Tan when they took over the Jerk's. Well Swansea always believe they can do better than us and on that score they have been successful, I far worse foreign owner by a preverbal light year :occasion5: :D
Tony Blue Williams

Postby NIBluebird » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:44 am

They are down and out !

Goodness knows what the survival will be in The Championship.
NIBluebird

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:16 am

At least they have a few years of local derbies to look forward to..... Newport, Wrexham, Merthyr
1980s Bluebird

Postby goats » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:32 am

They are just the face of the 27 hedge funders who chipped in, one of whom is a stripper allegedly, good with her assets I heard also. Did they put a statue up of big nose after by the library? :lol:
goats

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:17 pm

What happened to they could never get a bad owner because of Jenkins the hero and they mentioned how the Trust owned so many shares so they could never ever be in a position like Cardiff. Also said how they are lightyears ahead of Cardiff both on and off the pitch.

Well look at that, next season it COULD be that they are in the championship stuck with an owner sucking every penny they can from the club while investing nothing while we are in blue with an owner looking to make us self-sufficient, getting the debt to a reasonable level.

Things change very quickly in football, just enjoy what you can while you can I say.
2blue2handle

Postby pontyclunblue » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:11 pm

They were so arrogant a couple of years ago about how well run they were, the Swansea way, how much of an idiot Tan was, how we would never get to their level, etc, etc. Singing bloody Hymns and Arias as if they are Wales, not a poxy shithole in West Wales

Am loving their downfall, and will be a day to celebrate when they are relegated that is for sure.
pontyclunblue

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:00 pm

NIBluebird wrote:They are down and out !

Goodness knows what the survival will be in The Championship.

They could do a Sunderland or even a Pompey.
1980s Bluebird

Return to General Chat