Warnock on Wildschut and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:56 am

NEIL WARNOCK:

"It’s got to help."

" I don’t think you can fault Junior with his contributions. Mendez has hit a little bit of a brick wall over the few games but we’ve just found out he’s been on the wrong medication for an asthmatic problem for six weeks, so that could have something to do with it. I chat with him during the game last week and he was struggling. He’s had tests and it’s shown he should change medication which he should have been on the last few months and hopefully that will sort it out as he’s looked bright this week, back to his old self. Hopefully that’s been it. I’d noticed his lungs couldn’t do what he was doing earlier in season, then I saw at half-time against Mansfield and he looked older than me wheezing away in the corner of the dressing room. That’s when I had a chat with him and asked if he was okay inhaling and that. He said he was struggling and we got him to see the doctor. They did a few tests and the doctor said they should have looked at it a couple of months ago because earlier in season it was the right thing but in the colder months it should have been something else. Something as simple as that. Hopefully we’ve found the answer.”
Attachments
JS139745101.jpg
JS139745101.jpg (30.09 KiB) Viewed 1418 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Warnock on Wildschut and Nathaniel Mendez-Laing

Postby davids » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:30 am

On the wrong medication? :o :o

What on earth are our medical team doing?

Do we have a medical team?

Need to up their game a bit - giving players the right medication would be a good start!
davids

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:43 am

Whoever put Mendez-Laing on the wrong medication should be sacked. It’s clearly affected his form and contributed to our 4 straight defeats, potentially costing us tens of million pounds in prize money.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:06 pm

That’s not how I read it?
I don’t think they gave him the wrong medication, more so the medication he has been taking previously that works in the summer months no longer works in the winter months, of course the medical teams wouldn’t have looked at him over the winter months previously. To be honest I think its just Warnock trying to take some heat off him after his poor form.
2blue2handle

Postby bluebird7291 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:53 pm

2blue2handle wrote:That’s not how I read it?
I don’t think they gave him the wrong medication, more so the medication he has been taking previously that works in the summer months no longer works in the winter months, of course the medical teams wouldn’t have looked at him over the winter months previously. To be honest I think its just Warnock trying to take some heat off him after his poor form.

correct, its like taking creams for irritations or similar. Sometimes you can use and it works. then it become worse or better and medication needs to change.
bluebird7291

Postby davids » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:56 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:

correct, its like taking creams for irritations or similar. Sometimes you can use and it works. then it become worse or better and medication needs to change.

Isn't there anyone monitoring this sort of thing at the club?
davids

Postby bluebird7291 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:58 pm

davids wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:

easier said than done, you wont actually know till its obvious, because for him to get pushed that much to notice it would make him tired for games.
He probably felt a bit tired after recent games, but it was the Mansfield game which made it obvious that there was an issue.
No one is at fault to be honest.
bluebird7291

Postby ae15 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:59 pm

Whoever's fault it is, it's great to hear he's back to full speed!
ae15

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:01 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
davids wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:

easier said than done, you wont actually know till its obvious, because for him to get pushed that much to notice it would make him tired for games.
He probably felt a bit tired after recent games, but it was the Mansfield game which made it obvious that there was an issue.

That's the thing, he was always going to look a little more tired anyway coming back from injury so difficult to pick up. But in this blame culture we live in someone has to be blamed.
2blue2handle

Postby davids » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:54 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
davids wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:

That's the thing, he was always going to look a little more tired anyway coming back from injury so difficult to pick up. But in this blame culture we live in someone has to be blamed.

Agree that for one or two games after coming back he would understandably be more tired but he's looked knackered for quite a while now. I would have thought that the players are monitored after every game by the medical staff but who really knows?

As for blaming someone, occasionally someone actually IS to blame! You could say that in this "snowflake" culture in which we live very few people are willing to accept that anything is actually their fault, and that they have an excuse or reason for everything that they do, good or bad.
davids

Postby bluebird7291 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:30 pm

davids wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:
davids wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:

Agree that for one or two games after coming back he would understandably be more tired but he's looked knackered for quite a while now. I would have thought that the players are monitored after every game by the medical staff but who really knows?

As for blaming someone, occasionally someone actually IS to blame! You could say that in this "snowflake" culture in which we live very few people are willing to accept that anything is actually their fault, and that they have an excuse or reason for everything that they do, good or bad.

Yes he has, but surely you could have just thought that hes not used to the pace. and its built up on him. you wouldn't assume that the medicine he's been receiving which used to work has stopped working, surely?
bluebird7291

Return to General Chat