“ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby worcester_ccfc » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:52 pm

“ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

BBC


Friday 12th Jan 2018


Former Wales internationals Ryan Giggs and Craig Bellamy have both interviewed for the vacant national manager's job.

It is understood the Football Association of Wales also interviewed technical director Osian Roberts and former Stoke assistant boss Mark Bowen for the role vacated by Chris Coleman.

A decision is expected in the coming days.

Giggs remains the favourite to succeed Coleman, 18 months after leaving his coaching role at Manchester United.

The FAW is thought to be keen on appointing a Welshman following Coleman's successful five-year reign.

A new manager is due to be appointed before the UEFA Nations League draw takes place in Switzerland on January 24.

Former United winger Giggs has been tipped to claim his first permanent role in management since Coleman stepped down in November to take over at Sunderland.

The 44-year-old has many long-time admirers at the FAW and been linked with the role in the past.

But he would not be a popular appointment with some Wales fans, who questioned his commitment during his 16-year international playing career.

Cardiff-born Giggs won 64 caps between 1991 and 2007 and captained his country.

But he was criticised for regularly pulling out of Wales squads and especially for missing friendly matches.

Giggs was in caretaker charge of United for four games at the end of the 2013-14 season following the sacking of David Moyes.

He spent the next two seasons as Louis van Gaal's assistant but left after Jose Mourinho was appointed United manager.

Giggs lost out on the Swansea job to Bob Bradley after being interviewed for the manager's role at the Liberty Stadium in October 2016.

It is understood that Bellamy and Roberts, who is the FAW's technical director, also have their supporters at the Welsh FA.

Cardiff-born Bellamy, 38, won 78 caps and is the country's fourth most-capped player.

The former Newcastle, Liverpool and Blackburn forward is currently an academy coach at Cardiff City, where he ended his playing career in 2014.

Roberts knows the Welsh system inside out, as he has worked throughout all age grades.

He has been widely credited for helping to produce the talented crop of youngsters who will be at the disposal of the new senior manager and was Coleman's assistant boss during his tenure in which Wales reached the semi-finals of Euro 2016.

Newport-born Tony Pulis was also among the initial contenders to succeed Coleman, but he ruled himself out of the running when he became Middlesbrough manager last month.

Bowen is available after leaving Stoke, where he was assistant to boss Mark Hughes who was sacked by the Potters on 6 January. However, Hughes does not want to be considered for the Wales role he held between 1999 and 2005.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match, and your Player of the Month every month during the season :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Ninian 116 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
User avatar
worcester_ccfc
Admin
 
Posts: 10527
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am

“ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby northernbluebird » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:56 pm

giggs is by some margin the best option out of those left (slim pickings admittedly). managerial appointments need to be made on logic and managerial ability (or potential if first job), not emotion. that rules bellamy out.
northernbluebird
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:29 pm

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby llangainbluebird » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:46 pm

Might Mark Bowen be a dark horse? He was Hughes' assistant when Wales manager. Plenty of top level experience since.
llangainbluebird
 
Posts: 4493
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby thomasblue » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:18 pm

northernbluebird wrote:giggs is by some margin the best option out of those left (slim pickings admittedly). managerial appointments need to be made on logic and managerial ability (or potential if first job), not emotion. that rules bellamy out.


I dont see much difference in Giggs or Bellamy potential wise as both have very little managerial experiance so logic and ability doesnt come into it.

The difference between the two is all down to passion for wales and Bellamy walks it in that department.

Quite often the people you dont expect to be managers turn out to be brilliant and the ones who seem suited to it fail miserably.

If its between them then i would take a gamble on Bellamy with roberts or Bowen as #2

If this is the level of manager we are going for i dont see why people like Thierry Henry are not being considered.(apart from not being welsh) he would bring a very exciting brand of football.
thomasblue
 
Posts: 3707
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby dogfound » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:53 pm

thomasblue wrote:
northernbluebird wrote:giggs is by some margin the best option out of those left (slim pickings admittedly). managerial appointments need to be made on logic and managerial ability (or potential if first job), not emotion. that rules bellamy out.


I dont see much difference in Giggs or Bellamy potential wise as both have very little managerial experiance so logic and ability doesnt come into it.

The difference between the two is all down to passion for wales and Bellamy walks it in that department.

Quite often the people you dont expect to be managers turn out to be brilliant and the ones who seem suited to it fail miserably.

If its between them then i would take a gamble on Bellamy with roberts or Bowen as #2

If this is the level of manager we are going for i dont see why people like Thierry Henry are not being considered.(apart from not being welsh) he would bring a very exciting brand of football.



Henry.? .less experienced than Giggs or Roberts...less passionate for Wales than Bellamy ..and how do you know what he would bring thats more exciting than the others.
dogfound
 
Posts: 4399
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby Pulisnewport » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:59 pm

I'd prefer Bellamy than Giggs who imo is only after it because he's not secured anything else.

The bloke has a big ego and his total lack of commitment to us when he was playing means a big "NO" from me.
Pulisnewport
 
Posts: 1499
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:03 pm

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby dogfound » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:11 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:I'd prefer Bellamy than Giggs who imo is only after it because he's not secured anything else.

The bloke has a big ego and his total lack of commitment to us when he was playing means a big "NO" from me.



is this the same Ryan Giggs that got a standing ovation at his last appearance.?
and seriously..you think Bellamys reasons for wanting the job are any different to Giggs , its not like Bellers is turning down a job a week either.
im not to bothered if either or Osian or Carl robinson get the job..but be fair.
dogfound
 
Posts: 4399
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby thomasblue » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:12 pm

dogfound wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
northernbluebird wrote:giggs is by some margin the best option out of those left (slim pickings admittedly). managerial appointments need to be made on logic and managerial ability (or potential if first job), not emotion. that rules bellamy out.


I dont see much difference in Giggs or Bellamy potential wise as both have very little managerial experiance so logic and ability doesnt come into it.

The difference between the two is all down to passion for wales and Bellamy walks it in that department.

Quite often the people you dont expect to be managers turn out to be brilliant and the ones who seem suited to it fail miserably.

If its between them then i would take a gamble on Bellamy with roberts or Bowen as #2

If this is the level of manager we are going for i dont see why people like Thierry Henry are not being considered.(apart from not being welsh) he would bring a very exciting brand of football.



Henry.? .less experienced than Giggs or Roberts...less passionate for Wales than Bellamy ..and how do you know what he would bring thats more exciting than the others.


The point is they are all pretty much in the same boat. All three have very little or no experiance as a #1 . Why are we only looking at people because they are welsh ?
Henry comes across very well on tv as a pundit and makes a lot of sense when talking about games and tactics. He is also looking to get into management after doing his badges through the Welsh FA. Why not look at somebody like him if we are looking at people like Giggs ?
After being at some of the biggest and best footballing sides in the world and working under some of the biggest managers in the world he would have picked up a lot of knowledge.
thomasblue
 
Posts: 3707
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby dogfound » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:26 pm

thomasblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
northernbluebird wrote:giggs is by some margin the best option out of those left (slim pickings admittedly). managerial appointments need to be made on logic and managerial ability (or potential if first job), not emotion. that rules bellamy out.


I dont see much difference in Giggs or Bellamy potential wise as both have very little managerial experiance so logic and ability doesnt come into it.

The difference between the two is all down to passion for wales and Bellamy walks it in that department.

Quite often the people you dont expect to be managers turn out to be brilliant and the ones who seem suited to it fail miserably.

If its between them then i would take a gamble on Bellamy with roberts or Bowen as #2

If this is the level of manager we are going for i dont see why people like Thierry Henry are not being considered.(apart from not being welsh) he would bring a very exciting brand of football.



Henry.? .less experienced than Giggs or Roberts...less passionate for Wales than Bellamy ..and how do you know what he would bring thats more exciting than the others.


The point is they are all pretty much in the same boat. All three have very little or no experiance as a #1 . Why are we only looking at people because they are welsh ?
Henry comes across very well on tv as a pundit and makes a lot of sense when talking about games and tactics. He is also looking to get into management after doing his badges through the Welsh FA. Why not look at somebody like him if we are looking at people like Giggs ?
After being at some of the biggest and best footballing sides in the world and working under some of the biggest managers in the world he would have picked up a lot of knowledge.



but thats my point THEY are much in the same boat Henry included...why pick some french bloke just because he is french and sounds good on TV.....if he in anyway was a better candidate id agree.but at the very best he is only level .
dogfound
 
Posts: 4399
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby Pulisnewport » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:33 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:I'd prefer Bellamy than Giggs who imo is only after it because he's not secured anything else.

The bloke has a big ego and his total lack of commitment to us when he was playing means a big "NO" from me.


My opinion, if Giggs had half the commitment that Gunnars has he'd be worth a shout.

Sorry but he played away more at other things and didn't give two hoots about Wales.
Pulisnewport
 
Posts: 1499
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:03 pm

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby thomasblue » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:42 pm

dogfound wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
northernbluebird wrote:giggs is by some margin the best option out of those left (slim pickings admittedly). managerial appointments need to be made on logic and managerial ability (or potential if first job), not emotion. that rules bellamy out.


I dont see much difference in Giggs or Bellamy potential wise as both have very little managerial experiance so logic and ability doesnt come into it.

The difference between the two is all down to passion for wales and Bellamy walks it in that department.

Quite often the people you dont expect to be managers turn out to be brilliant and the ones who seem suited to it fail miserably.

If its between them then i would take a gamble on Bellamy with roberts or Bowen as #2

If this is the level of manager we are going for i dont see why people like Thierry Henry are not being considered.(apart from not being welsh) he would bring a very exciting brand of football.



Henry.? .less experienced than Giggs or Roberts...less passionate for Wales than Bellamy ..and how do you know what he would bring thats more exciting than the others.


The point is they are all pretty much in the same boat. All three have very little or no experiance as a #1 . Why are we only looking at people because they are welsh ?
Henry comes across very well on tv as a pundit and makes a lot of sense when talking about games and tactics. He is also looking to get into management after doing his badges through the Welsh FA. Why not look at somebody like him if we are looking at people like Giggs ?
After being at some of the biggest and best footballing sides in the world and working under some of the biggest managers in the world he would have picked up a lot of knowledge.



but thats my point THEY are much in the same boat Henry included...why pick some french bloke just because he is french and sounds good on TV.....if he in anyway was a better candidate id agree.but at the very best he is only level .


Exactly so if they are level why only interview Giggs and Bellamy because they are welsh ?
Being welsh should not be a necessity to getting the job. This is the most talented group of players this country has probably ever had and we have to make the right appointment or risk wasting it

There is a lot of young managers awaiting a first proper opportunity. Ignoring them because they are not welsh to me is stupid.
thomasblue
 
Posts: 3707
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby WelshPatriot » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:43 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:I'd prefer Bellamy than Giggs who imo is only after it because he's not secured anything else.

The bloke has a big ego and his total lack of commitment to us when he was playing means a big "NO" from me.


Elaborate on the "total lack of commitment" 64 caps for wales those players with significantly more than him and predominantly from the modern era where more international games are played so they have more chances to accumulate more caps, behind gifts are Ernie,ratcliffe, Horne,Hartson and Collins to name a few.
WelshPatriot
 
Posts: 1247
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:40 am

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby Pulisnewport » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:50 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:I'd prefer Bellamy than Giggs who imo is only after it because he's not secured anything else.

The bloke has a big ego and his total lack of commitment to us when he was playing means a big "NO" from me.


Elaborate on the "total lack of commitment" 64 caps for wales those players with significantly more than him and predominantly from the modern era where more international games are played so they have more chances to accumulate more caps, behind gifts are Ernie,ratcliffe, Horne,Hartson and Collins to name a few.


Just taken a look on the bbc football site most people don't want Giggs for the same reasons.

Could give it to Osian Roberts, at least he can sing the national anthem.

Giggs can't.
Pulisnewport
 
Posts: 1499
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:03 pm

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby Pulisnewport » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:51 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:I'd prefer Bellamy than Giggs who imo is only after it because he's not secured anything else.

The bloke has a big ego and his total lack of commitment to us when he was playing means a big "NO" from me.


Elaborate on the "total lack of commitment" 64 caps for wales those players with significantly more than him and predominantly from the modern era where more international games are played so they have more chances to accumulate more caps, behind gifts are Ernie,ratcliffe, Horne,Hartson and Collins to name a few.


Lucky with injuries especially when Wales needed him!

Oh I forgot I he never turned up for lots of games.
Pulisnewport
 
Posts: 1499
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:03 pm

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby WelshPatriot » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:04 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:I'd prefer Bellamy than Giggs who imo is only after it because he's not secured anything else.

The bloke has a big ego and his total lack of commitment to us when he was playing means a big "NO" from me.


Elaborate on the "total lack of commitment" 64 caps for wales those players with significantly more than him and predominantly from the modern era where more international games are played so they have more chances to accumulate more caps, behind gifts are Ernie,ratcliffe, Horne,Hartson and Collins to name a few.


Lucky with injuries especially when Wales needed him!

Oh I forgot I he never turned up for lots of games.


Only 4 caps behind Bellamy over a similar number of years. Would you say Bellamy on 68 caps wasn't committed to Wales?
WelshPatriot
 
Posts: 1247
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:40 am

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby griff105 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:06 pm

Please God not Giggs.
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor
User avatar
griff105
 
Posts: 5139
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:47 pm

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby Pulisnewport » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:12 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:I'd prefer Bellamy than Giggs who imo is only after it because he's not secured anything else.

The bloke has a big ego and his total lack of commitment to us when he was playing means a big "NO" from me.


Elaborate on the "total lack of commitment" 64 caps for wales those players with significantly more than him and predominantly from the modern era where more international games are played so they have more chances to accumulate more caps, behind gifts are Ernie,ratcliffe, Horne,Hartson and Collins to name a few.


Lucky with injuries especially when Wales needed him!

Oh I forgot I he never turned up for lots of games.


Only 4 caps behind Bellamy over a similar number of years. Would you say Bellamy on 68 caps wasn't committed to Wales?


Bellamy had lots of injuries Giggs didn't

Like I pointed out Giggs couldn't sing the anthem if you asked him and his commitment to us was appalling and then we find out he did play away! But not with us
Pulisnewport
 
Posts: 1499
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:03 pm

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby welshank » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:34 pm

To be fair to Giggs he did play the majority of competitive matches for us just a very little number of friendlies which I can imagine we may see the same with Bale for now! Can’t say any of the candidates excite me but I’d probably go for Giggs/Roberts, I also didn’t have much faith in Hughes or Coleman either so I’ll get behind whoever it is!
welshank
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:06 pm

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby WelshPatriot » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:02 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:I'd prefer Bellamy than Giggs who imo is only after it because he's not secured anything else.

The bloke has a big ego and his total lack of commitment to us when he was playing means a big "NO" from me.


Elaborate on the "total lack of commitment" 64 caps for wales those players with significantly more than him and predominantly from the modern era where more international games are played so they have more chances to accumulate more caps, behind gifts are Ernie,ratcliffe, Horne,Hartson and Collins to name a few.


Lucky with injuries especially when Wales needed him!

Oh I forgot I he never turned up for lots of games.


Only 4 caps behind Bellamy over a similar number of years. Would you say Bellamy on 68 caps wasn't committed to Wales?


Bellamy had lots of injuries Giggs didn't

Like I pointed out Giggs couldn't sing the anthem if you asked him and his commitment to us was appalling and then we find out he did play away! But not with us

So it's OK for Bellamy to be injured but if giggs is its bullsh1t? His whole career was dogged with dodgy hamstring.

By the way plenty of footage online showing giggs singing the anthem although I didn't realise it was a pee requisite to the managers job.
WelshPatriot
 
Posts: 1247
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:40 am

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby Pulisnewport » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:10 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:I'd prefer Bellamy than Giggs who imo is only after it because he's not secured anything else.

The bloke has a big ego and his total lack of commitment to us when he was playing means a big "NO" from me.


Elaborate on the "total lack of commitment" 64 caps for wales those players with significantly more than him and predominantly from the modern era where more international games are played so they have more chances to accumulate more caps, behind gifts are Ernie,ratcliffe, Horne,Hartson and Collins to name a few.


Lucky with injuries especially when Wales needed him!

Oh I forgot I he never turned up for lots of games.


Only 4 caps behind Bellamy over a similar number of years. Would you say Bellamy on 68 caps wasn't committed to Wales?


Bellamy had lots of injuries Giggs didn't

Like I pointed out Giggs couldn't sing the anthem if you asked him and his commitment to us was appalling and then we find out he did play away! But not with us

So it's OK for Bellamy to be injured but if giggs is its bullsh1t? His whole career was dogged with dodgy hamstring.

By the way plenty of footage online showing giggs singing the anthem although I didn't realise it was a pee requisite to the managers job.


He was miming
Pulisnewport
 
Posts: 1499
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:03 pm

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby dogfound » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:41 pm

thomasblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
northernbluebird wrote:giggs is by some margin the best option out of those left (slim pickings admittedly). managerial appointments need to be made on logic and managerial ability (or potential if first job), not emotion. that rules bellamy out.


I dont see much difference in Giggs or Bellamy potential wise as both have very little managerial experiance so logic and ability doesnt come into it.

The difference between the two is all down to passion for wales and Bellamy walks it in that department.

Quite often the people you dont expect to be managers turn out to be brilliant and the ones who seem suited to it fail miserably.

If its between them then i would take a gamble on Bellamy with roberts or Bowen as #2

If this is the level of manager we are going for i dont see why people like Thierry Henry are not being considered.(apart from not being welsh) he would bring a very exciting brand of football.



Henry.? .less experienced than Giggs or Roberts...less passionate for Wales than Bellamy ..and how do you know what he would bring thats more exciting than the others.


The point is they are all pretty much in the same boat. All three have very little or no experiance as a #1 . Why are we only looking at people because they are welsh ?
Henry comes across very well on tv as a pundit and makes a lot of sense when talking about games and tactics. He is also looking to get into management after doing his badges through the Welsh FA. Why not look at somebody like him if we are looking at people like Giggs ?
After being at some of the biggest and best footballing sides in the world and working under some of the biggest managers in the world he would have picked up a lot of knowledge.



but thats my point THEY are much in the same boat Henry included...why pick some french bloke just because he is french and sounds good on TV.....if he in anyway was a better candidate id agree.but at the very best he is only level .


Exactly so if they are level why only interview Giggs and Bellamy because they are welsh ?
Being welsh should not be a necessity to getting the job. This is the most talented group of players this country has probably ever had and we have to make the right appointment or risk wasting it

There is a lot of young managers awaiting a first proper opportunity. Ignoring them because they are not welsh to me is stupid.


why would you want a foreigner in charge when no better qualified than the welsh candidates..just why
dogfound
 
Posts: 4399
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby thomasblue » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:51 pm

dogfound wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
thomasblue wrote:
northernbluebird wrote:giggs is by some margin the best option out of those left (slim pickings admittedly). managerial appointments need to be made on logic and managerial ability (or potential if first job), not emotion. that rules bellamy out.


I dont see much difference in Giggs or Bellamy potential wise as both have very little managerial experiance so logic and ability doesnt come into it.

The difference between the two is all down to passion for wales and Bellamy walks it in that department.

Quite often the people you dont expect to be managers turn out to be brilliant and the ones who seem suited to it fail miserably.

If its between them then i would take a gamble on Bellamy with roberts or Bowen as #2

If this is the level of manager we are going for i dont see why people like Thierry Henry are not being considered.(apart from not being welsh) he would bring a very exciting brand of football.



Henry.? .less experienced than Giggs or Roberts...less passionate for Wales than Bellamy ..and how do you know what he would bring thats more exciting than the others.


The point is they are all pretty much in the same boat. All three have very little or no experiance as a #1 . Why are we only looking at people because they are welsh ?
Henry comes across very well on tv as a pundit and makes a lot of sense when talking about games and tactics. He is also looking to get into management after doing his badges through the Welsh FA. Why not look at somebody like him if we are looking at people like Giggs ?
After being at some of the biggest and best footballing sides in the world and working under some of the biggest managers in the world he would have picked up a lot of knowledge.



but thats my point THEY are much in the same boat Henry included...why pick some french bloke just because he is french and sounds good on TV.....if he in anyway was a better candidate id agree.but at the very best he is only level .


Exactly so if they are level why only interview Giggs and Bellamy because they are welsh ?
Being welsh should not be a necessity to getting the job. This is the most talented group of players this country has probably ever had and we have to make the right appointment or risk wasting it

There is a lot of young managers awaiting a first proper opportunity. Ignoring them because they are not welsh to me is stupid.


why would you want a foreigner in charge when no better qualified than the welsh candidates..just why


If after the interview process he is the best man for the job why not ?

If We have not got the quality of manager needed in wales (who is available) to fill this role properly the net should be cast wider
thomasblue
 
Posts: 3707
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:20 pm

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby dogfound » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:56 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:I'd prefer Bellamy than Giggs who imo is only after it because he's not secured anything else.

The bloke has a big ego and his total lack of commitment to us when he was playing means a big "NO" from me.



no commitment but played all those games over 16 years more often than not our best player....
makes no sense to me.
dogfound
 
Posts: 4399
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby Bluebina » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:13 pm

I reckon Giggs will get it, make a right mess of it, and we will be looking for another one within a year !!!
Bluebina
 
Posts: 8363
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby Pulisnewport » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:25 pm

dogfound wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:I'd prefer Bellamy than Giggs who imo is only after it because he's not secured anything else.

The bloke has a big ego and his total lack of commitment to us when he was playing means a big "NO" from me.



no commitment but played all those games over 16 years more often than not our best player....
makes no sense to me.


I agree with the reply under yours.

It'll be the Welsh fa decision and if he gets it and makes a hash of it he can apply for the Salford managers job as that's all he'll get!
Pulisnewport
 
Posts: 1499
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:03 pm

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby dogfound » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:49 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:I'd prefer Bellamy than Giggs who imo is only after it because he's not secured anything else.

The bloke has a big ego and his total lack of commitment to us when he was playing means a big "NO" from me.



no commitment but played all those games over 16 years more often than not our best player....
makes no sense to me.


I agree with the reply under yours.

It'll be the Welsh fa decision and if he gets it and makes a hash of it he can apply for the Salford managers job as that's all he'll get!




very very bitter...
and for what.? a player that everyone always hoped would be playing the big games and always did..
a player that a lot of our current squad have openly said was their hero when growing up.
the anyonebutgiggs wasnt what was being said when he played....infact it was the complete opposite.
dogfound
 
Posts: 4399
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby Pulisnewport » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:55 pm

dogfound wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:I'd prefer Bellamy than Giggs who imo is only after it because he's not secured anything else.

The bloke has a big ego and his total lack of commitment to us when he was playing means a big "NO" from me.



no commitment but played all those games over 16 years more often than not our best player....
makes no sense to me.


I agree with the reply under yours.

It'll be the Welsh fa decision and if he gets it and makes a hash of it he can apply for the Salford managers job as that's all he'll get!




very very bitter...
and for what.? a player that everyone always hoped would be playing the big games and always did..
a player that a lot of our current squad have openly said was their hero when growing up.
the anyonebutgiggs wasnt what was being said when he played....infact it was the complete opposite.


Not bitter it's my opinion.

He shouldn't be anywhere near the job.

If I have one thing it's a good memory unlike senior Giggs
Pulisnewport
 
Posts: 1499
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:03 pm

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby llan bluebird » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:58 pm

The dislike is palpable but why ?

local Welsh plastic "scousers" disliking a manc ?

In those days he could have played for England but never. Fergie and Giggs were a decade ahead of the slow death of international football.

I don't want him due to his lack of experience outside the biggest and undeniably the best club in England over the last 25 years. Has any united pupil ever made it ? But the vitriol is strange.
User avatar
llan bluebird
 
Posts: 6794
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby dogfound » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:02 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:I'd prefer Bellamy than Giggs who imo is only after it because he's not secured anything else.

The bloke has a big ego and his total lack of commitment to us when he was playing means a big "NO" from me.



no commitment but played all those games over 16 years more often than not our best player....
makes no sense to me.


I agree with the reply under yours.

It'll be the Welsh fa decision and if he gets it and makes a hash of it he can apply for the Salford managers job as that's all he'll get!




very very bitter...
and for what.? a player that everyone always hoped would be playing the big games and always did..
a player that a lot of our current squad have openly said was their hero when growing up.
the anyonebutgiggs wasnt what was being said when he played....infact it was the complete opposite.


Not bitter it's my opinion.

He shouldn't be anywhere near the job.

If I have one thing it's a good memory unlike senior Giggs



my post is accurate..of course everyone wanted him playing...
dogfound
 
Posts: 4399
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:52 pm

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby Sven » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:10 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:I'd prefer Bellamy than Giggs who imo is only after it because he's not secured anything else.

The bloke has a big ego and his total lack of commitment to us when he was playing means a big "NO" from me.



no commitment but played all those games over 16 years more often than not our best player....
makes no sense to me.


I agree with the reply under yours.

It'll be the Welsh fa decision and if he gets it and makes a hash of it he can apply for the Salford managers job as that's all he'll get!




very very bitter...
and for what.? a player that everyone always hoped would be playing the big games and always did..
a player that a lot of our current squad have openly said was their hero when growing up.
the anyonebutgiggs wasnt what was being said when he played....infact it was the complete opposite.


Not bitter it's my opinion.

He shouldn't be anywhere near the job.

If I have one thing it's a good memory unlike senior Giggs

I'm with you, Karl :thumbright:

Of course Dogfound wanted Giggs to play, as did lots of others, but the simple fact is Giggs was never totally committed to Wales; only himself and Sir Alex Ferguson...and it showed all too clearly to those who looked up from the floor! ;) :ayatollah:
"If only closed minds came with closed mouths!"
User avatar
Sven
Moderator
 
Posts: 13276
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:14 pm

Next


Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 7777 glt, Baidu [Spider], bentheblue, bluebird7291, CaerphillyBluebird15, eltel, Elwood Blues, Flyingpostman, Gavin, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], jimmy_rat, JS Cardiff, Majestic-12 [Bot], pembroke allan, piledriver64, stephendavid, Tony Blue Williams, tonythomas and 175 guests

Disclaimer :
The views and comments entered in these forums are personal and are not necessarily those of the management of this board.
The management of this board is not responsible for the content of any external internet sites.