“ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ Wales boss appointment expected next week “

Postby Sven » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:13 pm

llan bluebird wrote:The dislike is palpable but why ?

local Welsh plastic "scousers" disliking a manc ?

In those days he could have played for England but never. Fergie and Giggs were a decade ahead of the slow death of international football.

I don't want him due to his lack of experience outside the biggest and undeniably the best club in England over the last 25 years. Has any united pupil ever made it ? But the vitriol is strange.

Giggs was never eligible for England (only the Schools team he actually represented) ;) :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Pulisnewport » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:14 pm

Ryan Giggs made his international debut in 1991 against Germany.

It was another 9 yrs before he played another friendly match after which he missed a further 18 consecutive friendly matches.

Sums it up
Pulisnewport

Postby WelshPatriot » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:18 pm

llan bluebird wrote:The dislike is palpable but why ?

local Welsh plastic "scousers" disliking a manc ?

In those days he could have played for England but never. Fergie and Giggs were a decade ahead of the slow death of international football.

I don't want him due to his lack of experience outside the biggest and undeniably the best club in England over the last 25 years. Has any united pupil ever made it ? But the vitriol is strange.

Please please please stop peddling the myth he could have played for England......he couldnt even if he had wanted too.
WelshPatriot

Postby dogfound » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:24 pm

Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:I'd prefer Bellamy than Giggs who imo is only after it because he's not secured anything else.

The bloke has a big ego and his total lack of commitment to us when he was playing means a big "NO" from me.

no commitment but played all those games over 16 years more often than not our best player....
makes no sense to me.

I agree with the reply under yours.

It'll be the Welsh fa decision and if he gets it and makes a hash of it he can apply for the Salford managers job as that's all he'll get!

very very bitter...
and for what.? a player that everyone always hoped would be playing the big games and always did..
a player that a lot of our current squad have openly said was their hero when growing up.
the anyonebutgiggs wasnt what was being said when he played....infact it was the complete opposite.

Not bitter it's my opinion.

He shouldn't be anywhere near the job.

If I have one thing it's a good memory unlike senior Giggs

I'm with you, Karl :thumbright:

Of course Dogfound wanted Giggs to play, as did lots of others, but the simple fact is Giggs was never totally committed to Wales; only himself and Sir Alex Ferguson...and it showed all too clearly to those who looked up from the floor! ;) :ayatollah:

dogfound wanted ?????????/lets try the manager...the other players and all our fans wanted...im just not a hypocrite about it....like the memory men are....he was good enough to be welsh when he wore the shirt { no anti Giggs campaigns no booing . was the opposite }why not now
im not even in Giggs corner here....its just the rubbish im reading is a lot hypocritical and in some cases a bit silly { salford boy } like he had a choice where he was brought up any more than you or i do..
16years and 64 caps but never commited :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:
dogfound

Postby Pulisnewport » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:28 pm

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:I'd prefer Bellamy than Giggs who imo is only after it because he's not secured anything else.

The bloke has a big ego and his total lack of commitment to us when he was playing means a big "NO" from me.

no commitment but played all those games over 16 years more often than not our best player....
makes no sense to me.

It'll be the Welsh fa decision and if he gets it and makes a hash of it he can apply for the Salford managers job as that's all he'll get!

very very bitter...
and for what.? a player that everyone always hoped would be playing the big games and always did..
a player that a lot of our current squad have openly said was their hero when growing up.
the anyonebutgiggs wasnt what was being said when he played....infact it was the complete opposite.

Of course Dogfound wanted Giggs to play, as did lots of others, but the simple fact is Giggs was never totally committed to Wales; only himself and Sir Alex Ferguson...and it showed all too clearly to those who looked up from the floor! ;) :ayatollah:

dogfound wanted ?????????/lets try the manager...the other players and all our fans wanted...im just not a hypocrite about it....like the memory men are....he was good enough to be welsh when he wore the shirt { no anti Giggs campaigns no booing . was the opposite }why not now
im not even in Giggs corner here....its just the rubbish im reading is a lot hypocritical and in some cases a bit silly { salford boy } like he had a choice where he was brought up any more than you or i do..
16years and 64 caps but never commited :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

It's nothing personal, just don't want him simples.
Pulisnewport

Postby dogfound » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:46 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
dogfound wrote:

makes no sense to me.

very very bitter...

It's nothing personal, just don't want him simples.

figured
if appointed he could be fantastic and equally could be a disaster..but its a real real shame so many almost want him to fail before he even gets a chance...its not like there is a stand out candidate..and not like the other candidates dont have huge negatives....just people are not starting anyonebut campaigns against them highlighting their short cummings..
dogfound

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:38 pm

Has to be giggs really out of those interviewed. Bellamy can't even stick it with the city youngsters, to many figures in to many pies.

Giggs has experience as a manager albeit short term and experience as a coach at a high level. Also a lot of caps for Wales. Hard to see past him really.
2blue2handle

Postby Nuclearblue » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:56 pm

How about Giggs and Bellers together hmmmm Bellers manager Giggs his assistant :notworthy:
Nuclearblue

Postby Sven » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:59 pm

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
dogfound wrote:

makes no sense to me.

very very bitter...

That wasn't meant to be critical but take it how you want. I simply pointing out that you were of the belief that Giggs was wanted for every game, which he was :thumbright:

My agreement with Karl was that people only see the Man Utd side of Giggs when the reality for him playing for Wales and his actions away from the football field were not as wonderful as are now being painted. He could/should have had 100+ caps with his skills and the length of his career but he and his mentor (Sir Alex Ferguson) had other ideas and it was clear from an early stage that he was never going to play in too many 'friendless'; you know, the games where players are supposed to gel together and managers can test their formations in readiness for the competitive games. Without their 'star' player constantly missing, that could hardly be good for either preparations or morale and I ask if it is more than coincidence that Wales with a committed Bale and a committed Ramsey have done so well even under Chris Coleman?

For the record, I'd prefer Giggs not to get the job BUT I'm not saying he couldn't make a decent fist of it. He has some experience of coaching very good players under some very good managers and must have learned something along the way.

However, of the supposed candidates, I'd give the job to Craig Bellamy alongside Osian Roberts and see how it goes. I think Bellamy has passion and a track record of commitment with his country that will hold him in good stead with the players.

Just my opinion, of course :thumbright: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby dogfound » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:32 am

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
dogfound wrote:

makes no sense to me.

very very bitter...

That wasn't meant to be critical but take it how you want. I simply pointing out that you were of the belief that Giggs was wanted for every game, which he was :thumbright:

My agreement with Karl was that people only see the Man Utd side of Giggs when the reality for him playing for Wales and his actions away from the football field were not as wonderful as are now being painted. He could/should have had 100+ caps with his skills and the length of his career but he and his mentor (Sir Alex Ferguson) had other ideas and it was clear from an early stage that he was never going to play in too many 'friendless'; you know, the games where players are supposed to gel together and managers can test their formations in readiness for the competitive games. Without their 'star' player constantly missing, that could hardly be good for either preparations or morale and I ask if it is more than coincidence that Wales with a committed Bale and a committed Ramsey have done so well even under Chris Coleman?

For the record, I'd prefer Giggs not to get the job BUT I'm not saying he couldn't make a decent fist of it. He has some experience of coaching very good players under some very good managers and must have learned something along the way.

However, of the supposed candidates, I'd give the job to Craig Bellamy alongside Osian Roberts and see how it goes. I think Bellamy has passion and a track record of commitment with his country that will hold him in good stead with the players.

and Craig of course being the model pro...?
im not anti Bellers but there is all the negative stuff on here about Giggs. and then oh yes Bellamy is committed..
no down side.?
dogfound

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:36 am

dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
dogfound wrote:

makes no sense to me.

very very bitter...

im not anti Bellers but there is all the negative stuff on here about Giggs. and then oh yes Bellamy is committed..
no down side.?

There's 'downsides' to every manager (no one more so than Chris Coleman before he started) and it's all a matter of choice. Of course Bellamy has his down side but he was committed to his nations football team and Giggs (IMHO) wasn't, so I would go with Bellers first. As I said, just my opinion based on what I believe the situation to be. Others may disagree :thumbright:
Sven

Postby WelshPatriot » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:07 am

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
dogfound wrote:

makes no sense to me.

very very bitter...

In the period of football Giggs played the maximum number of caps he could of achieved was 82 as opposed to his 64, impossible for him to have hit 100 plus caps.
WelshPatriot

Postby phildavies » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:47 am

Don’t want any of them TBH someone shouldn’t be given a job in international management without at least a few years experience in club management.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby dogfound » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:10 am

Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
dogfound wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
dogfound wrote:

makes no sense to me.

very very bitter...

no down side.?

There's 'downsides' to every manager (no one more so than Chris Coleman before he started) and it's all a matter of choice. Of course Bellamy has his down side but he was committed to his nations football team and Giggs (IMHO) wasn't, so I would go with Bellers first. As I said, just my opinion based on what I believe the situation to be. Others may disagree :thumbright:

this word commited...{turned up for more friendlies }..seems to trump everything.
it doesnt.
dogfound

Previous

Return to General Chat