44%
No
46%
Undecided
10%

Total votes : 39

VAR ? POLL

Postby Nuclearblue » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:32 pm

Sorry but what a load of shite VAR is in the Chelsea Arsenal Match. Unacceptable delays sorry should ditch it full stop.
An incident can occur but game carries on because the ball hasn’t gone out of play. The other team could go up and score. So the ref consults VAR does that mean the goal could be disallowed ? And then play returned to the original incident. Keep football as it should.
Nuclearblue

VAR ? POLL

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: VAR ? POLL

Postby Sven » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:54 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Sorry but what a load of shite VAR is in the Chelsea Arsenal Match. Unacceptable delays sorry should ditch it full stop.
An incident can occur but game carries on because the ball hasn’t gone out of play. The other team could go up and score. So the ref consults VAR does that mean the goal could be disallowed ? And then play returned to the original incident. Keep football as it should.

With you on that, Nukes :thumbright:

Mistakes happen and so long as they're not corrupt, it's part of the fabric of the game and gives us supporters something to talk/moan about after the final whistle :wave:

Goal-line technology? Yes, that's easy to administer but the stop/start VAR system will turn our beloved game into a version of the NFL with constant time-outs and 'planned' comfort breaks for fans and TV advertisers

SKY have ben largely great for football in this country but when it comes to dissecting every decision (often inconclusively) with a microscope and effectively deciding the results of games from their comfy chairs, I despair (and don't even start me on their constant hounding out of managers once they (SKY) decide they are on the brink! :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Nuclearblue » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:06 am

Sven wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Sorry but what a load of shite VAR is in the Chelsea Arsenal Match. Unacceptable delays sorry should ditch it full stop.

Mistakes happen and so long as they're not corrupt, it's part of the fabric of the game and gives us supporters something to talk/moan about after the final whistle :wave:

Goal-line technology? Yes, that's easy to administer but the stop/start VAR system will turn our beloved game into a version of the NFL with constant time-outs and 'planned' comfort breaks for fans and TV advertisers

SKY have ben largely great for football in this country but when it comes to dissecting every decision (often inconclusively) with a microscope and effectively deciding the results of games from their comfy chairs, I despair (and don't even start me on their constant hounding out of managers once they (SKY) decide they are on the brink! :(

:shock: Ohh bollocks I voted the wrong option :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nuclearblue

Postby ae15 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:13 am

If it stops clear cut wrong decisions costing teams games then I'm all for it.
ae15

Postby Sven » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:21 am

ae15 wrote:If it stops clear cut wrong decisions costing teams games then I'm all for it.

You'd be there all night with some of your decision making! ;) :thumbright: :lol: :lol:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Sven » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:22 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
Sven wrote:

:shock: Ohh bollocks I voted the wrong option :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fair do's Nukes! :banghead: :laughing6: :laughing6:
Sven

Postby PtB » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:55 am

That has already happened in Holland and resulted in a penalty being awarded to the team that had conceded the goal. If it can be done quick then it would benefit the game, but if we lose the controversy that is attached to football then what would we be left with?

Bit of a gutter being I like Feyenoord! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9Z_dXhrPQU
PtB
CLYDEBANK BLUEBIRDS

It's more than just football
PtB

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:01 pm

PtB wrote:

That has already happened in Holland and resulted in a penalty being awarded to the team that had conceded the goal. If it can be done quick then it would benefit the game, but if we lose the controversy that is attached to football then what would we be left with?

Bit of a gutter being I like Feyenoord! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9Z_dXhrPQU

This is exactly my concern, this would ruin the game for me.
2blue2handle

Postby epping blue » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:26 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
PtB wrote:

This is exactly my concern, this would ruin the game for me.

Absolute shambles. What if someone gets sent off, would they get to come back on ?
epping blue

Postby danielrees17 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:34 pm

If used right and not on every little thing and slows the game down then I'm all for it, for example offside goals or possible penalty calls but not constantly looking at it for a decision.
danielrees17

Postby pembroke allan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:52 pm

Var as precidence over anything else that happens so if goal scored during review by Var it will be disallowed if original review results in a pen or other decision if proven ! It will certainly help on mistakes but it will slowly take over refs making a decision! it suppose to overturn obvious mistakes made my refs or lino, but it appeared last night to make decision for ref in pen incident in last minute that ref clearly saw and didn't give so was not a mistake, what if Var gave pen it will mean Var making all such decision's in future ?
pembroke allan

Postby Nuclearblue » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:51 pm

The instance with the penalty shout it was clear it was a cracking tackle but it still took over a minute to come to that conclusion. Totally bad for football it will slow it down. You got a team getting momentum then this happens and ghen that teams loses that momentum. Football will be poorer for it that’s for sure.
Nuclearblue

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:25 am

Nuclearblue wrote:The instance with the penalty shout it was clear it was a cracking tackle but it still took over a minute to come to that conclusion. Totally bad for football it will slow it down. You got a team getting momentum then this happens and ghen that teams loses that momentum. Football will be poorer for it that’s for sure.

ball was still in play for nearly a minute before going out it then took that other minute to make the final decision! God help us if have 4 or 5 incidents like this in a half! :old:
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat