Important Win For Signings?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:15 pm

Anyone else think that is an important win which will give us more chance of getting in some quality signings?

1. Will this convincing win please tan and give him incentive to invest...

2. Will players see this win and see that we are definitely in the hunt for that top 2 spot and want to come and get involved and sign for cardiff city...
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Important Win For Signings?

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:19 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:Anyone else think that is an important win which will give us more chance of getting in some quality signings?

2. Will players see this win and see that we are definitely in the hunt for that top 2 spot and want to come and get involved and sign for cardiff city...

I don't think the win today or the run of loses effect what Warnock has to spend. I don't think he has much but enough to get in a couple of players. Full support the club not spending big, January isn't the time to buy big.

I do think the result may make a player look and think he may want to get involved in a bit or that.
2blue2handle

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:35 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:Anyone else think that is an important win which will give us more chance of getting in some quality signings?

I don't think the win today or the run of loses effect what Warnock has to spend. I don't think he has much but enough to get in a couple of players. Full support the club not spending big, January isn't the time to buy big.

I do think the result may make a player look and think he may want to get involved in a bit or that.

Derby looking strong if we dont invest in quality no way we will catch them, important to invest now we are in this position imo
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:32 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Derby looking strong if we dont invest in quality no way we will catch them, important to invest now we are in this position imo

Spending big money doesn't guarantee anything. Our spend in the summer shows that. Agree we need players but at reasonable prices.
2blue2handle

Postby Bonner » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:45 pm

I think we will sign 2 good players this week..
Bonner

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:26 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I think now is the time to loosen the purse strings. 3rd in the table and those extra 2/3 quality players may be the difference between promotion and £100-200 million or not. If we were mid table then that’s a different story.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:54 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I think now is the time to loosen the purse strings. 3rd in the table and those extra 2/3 quality players may be the difference between promotion and £100-200 million or not. If we were mid table then that’s a different story.

That's fine if we go up but if we don't we have ended up paying majorly inflated prices on players and then stuck with these players. No doubt then people would want more spent in the summer as the current crop are not good enough... Where does it end.

I think we have the right idea now, looking for the kind of players who are either out or contract in the summer or like the Norwich guy on loan and then option to buy but doesn't tie us in if we don't go up. Spending big silly money now could undo all the hard work of previous seasons.
2blue2handle

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:16 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Spending big money doesn't guarantee anything. Our spend in the summer shows that. Agree we need players but at reasonable prices.

I agree we cant be reckless but we have been cautious and sensible for a long time now which is fine because the ship had to be steadied, but we got to invest some point or another if we want to progress, yes your right we done well so far without spending much and are in a good position but you only got to look at the 4 losses xmas time to see that we aint got enough quality in the team to sustain our good start over the course of the season, with derby and aston villa both having quality if we dont get 2 quality players in we will keep drifitng down the table behind them like we already have started
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:30 pm

I agree that without a doubt we need more players and the right type of player. I think they can be found on a decently small budget. People like this Norwich guy, it's hard job buy the right players are out there. I feel like teams like Derby offering 8m for Olivera at Norwich are just being lazy
2blue2handle

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:57 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I agree that without a doubt we need more players and the right type of player. I think they can be found on a decently small budget. People like this Norwich guy, it's hard job buy the right players are out there. I feel like teams like Derby offering 8m for Olivera at Norwich are just being lazy

Yeh there are good players out there for a bargain but also not at the same time, i cant think of any strikers our there who are gonna help us without spending decent money? Grabban would be ideal now but need to spend the money, madine at 2 million would be a waste of money imo but like you say hopefully warnock can come up with a loan deal from somewhere and get quality for a bargain
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Return to General Chat