Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Critics of Paterson "

Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:09 pm

Care to comment!!!!

Great player.

Bit worried that commentator said 50% sell on clause for Hearts though. Lot of money that will be.

Re: Critics of Paterson

Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:12 pm

My man of the match. First to the second balls and strong in the tackle and in air. I like that wildshut to looks to have a good first touch and quicker when hes running wilth ball.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:17 pm

maccydee wrote:Care to comment!!!!

Great player.

Bit worried that commentator said 50% sell on clause for Hearts though. Lot of money that will be.

15% isn’t it? Paterson insisted on it

Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:18 pm

KBK-13 wrote:

Great player.

15% isn’t it? Paterson insisted on it

Hopefully I misheard and it was 15% not 50.

Re: " Critics of Paterson "

Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:49 pm

15%but why would we sell ?

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:00 pm

Sounded like 50 on sky.

I've been disappointed by him generally but excellent today, considering the amount of games he has started he has a decent scoring record and a couple of assists. Not sure of his position tho.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:02 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Sounded like 50 on sky.

I've been disappointed by him generally but excellent today, considering the amount of games he has started he has a decent scoring record and a couple of assists. Not sure of his position tho.

Centre mid might be it. He was always first to the second Ball which is what we have missed lately.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:03 pm

His second goal was superbly taken. Weaker foot, ball spinning away from him and he guided it expertly into the bottom corner. His overall performance was good as well, although like many others, I'm still wondering what his best position is!

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:04 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:His second goal was superbly taken. Weaker foot, ball spinning away from him and he guided it expertly into the bottom corner. His overall performance was good as well, although like many others, I'm still wondering what his best position is!

Centre mid might be it. He was always first to the second Ball which is what we have missed lately.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:14 pm

Brilliant today, don’t forget he’s recently come back from a serious injury as well.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:20 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Brilliant today, don’t forget he’s recently come back from a serious injury as well.

Always had a class about him.

Usuals just wanted to show the negatives. He was overweight, slow etc.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:22 pm

Great player.

I’ve never heard of a 50% sell on clause!!

Personally, I’ve not heard much criticism of him. Most believed he would come good given some time and today he had a very decent game.
Huge injury like that and no pre-season was always going to take time. I read somewhere a while ago that Warnock didn’t trust him at fullback at the moment which is why we haven’t seen him there but with his eye for a goal perhaps he’s found a new position.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:29 pm

Great player.

Hands up I said he's not a midfielder, our midfield had lots of space today and he had a great game. Whether he can do the job there consistently well see!

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:33 pm

It’s definitely 15% sell on. It was in the media when we signed him.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:40 pm

Played very well indeed today. Don't think hes a left back at all though

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:41 pm

Not man of the match for me

Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:40 pm

Was there any real criticism ? He is a wingback, but not this season

Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:45 pm

I like him,,, always looks interested and competitive. He's going to be a very important player for us. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:45 pm

paulh_85 wrote:Not man of the match for me

Agree Ralls I thought.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:47 pm

He has been great for us well up for a game and fights for the ball. he is a wingback changing to centre mid and is doing really well I like the player.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:17 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Was there any real criticism ? He is a wingback, but not this season

Definitely was. After the Preston game.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:18 pm

maccydee wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:Was there any real criticism ? He is a wingback, but not this season

After the game he was shit in you mean?

Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:21 pm

You’ve got to remember the step up from SPL - it’s his firsts season and he’s still developing. For me he’s got potential just switches off now and then, ends up being a bit panicky.

His goals today showed why he could be a combative player for us.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:23 pm

nubbsy wrote:

Great player.

Hands up I said he's not a midfielder, our midfield had lots of space today and he had a great game. Whether he can do the job there consistently well see!

In fairness I would have looked good playing against Sunderland's midfield ;)

If he shines like he did today against the better teams (or even Mansfield :lol: ) then we know we have a player on our hands.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:37 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
nubbsy wrote:

Great player.

In fairness I would have looked good playing against Sunderland's midfield ;)

If he shines like he did today against the better teams (or even Mansfield :lol: ) then we know we have a player on our hands.

Agree, even Russell Slade could have got a result against them. I cannot remember a poorer side to visit the CCS in many a year.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:43 pm

He's not a natural midfielder, hasn't time on the ball in the centre of the park which doesn't suit him and I don't believe you will see the best of him until next season when he's had a good pre season and adjusted to the championship.

Having said all that he's a hungry player, is good at winning the second ball even if he's not blessed with a midlfielders instinct of what do to with it. He's big strong, has a great eye for goal and what I like most is enjoys playing and competing in the blue shirt. He will have good and bad games and some will suit him some won't. Done a job today. :thumbup:

Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:57 pm

Not sure what his real position is but he has something you cant coach . He knows where the back of the net is . Amazing finish for his second goal. I am over the moon for zahore . He had the confidence and ability to take his man on and put it on a plate for ralls (great finish too)

Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:00 am

paulh_85 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

But Wankers picked one bad game to say he was shit as opposed to having an off day

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:06 am

maccydee wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

But Wankers picked one bad game to say he was shit as opposed to having an off day

Wankers?

He has looked out of position a few times this season.

I haven't heard any personal attacks or unfair criticism, just that people thought he was playing in the wrong position or that he needs a pre-season to coach him into a new role. Something I still stand by until he puts the performances in consistently against decent opposition.

He has a good game against bottom of the league and your calling all those people wankers? I think you've showed us who the wanker is!

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:12 am

nubbsy wrote:
maccydee wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Wankers?

He has looked out of position a few times this season.

I haven't heard any personal attacks or unfair criticism, just that people thought he was playing in the wrong position or that he needs a pre-season to coach him into a new role. Something I still stand by until he puts the performances in consistently against decent opposition.

He has a good game against bottom of the league and your calling all those people wankers? I think you've showed us who the wanker is!

Agree with this,you've only got to look at the difference a proper pre season made to Hoilet.I think Patterson will do big things for us but not yet consistently and not from midfield.