Ok - what formation was that ?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:32 pm

From my point of view Jazz was man marking their 27, 3 at the back, Zohore up top then after that i was lost......

It worked and maybe that the genius of our manager
llan bluebird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Ok - what formation was that ?

Postby paulh_85 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:33 pm

Was all over the place but it worked I guess
paulh_85

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:48 pm

I was trying to figure it out for 90 mins and I'm still not sure.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:57 pm

A flat back four with Bennett playing ahead of Jazz on the left and Hoilett tucked in behind Zahore.
It was pretty flexible though with Jazz following their guy into the middle at times, Bennett filling in at left back and Hoilett moving out to the left!!
:laughing6:
:ayatollah:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby paulh_85 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:06 pm

To me seems we started with bamba in the middle then switched to jazz in the middle to mark 27
paulh_85

Postby Igovernor » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:52 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:A flat back four with Bennett playing ahead of Jazz on the left and Hoilett tucked in behind Zahore.
It was pretty flexible though with Jazz following their guy into the middle at times, Bennett filling in at left back and Hoilett moving out to the left!!

Umm! Jazz played on the right Bennett on the left :laughing6:
Igovernor

Postby paulh_85 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:15 pm

Igovernor wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:A flat back four with Bennett playing ahead of Jazz on the left and Hoilett tucked in behind Zahore.

Umm! Jazz played on the right Bennett on the left :laughing6:

No he didn’t, did you watch?
paulh_85

Postby GotMeSingingTheBlues » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:27 pm

Back four of manga Morrison Bamba Bennett, Jazz man marked the 27, Mendez played right, hoilett played left with ralls and Paterson centre midfield and Zohore up front.
GotMeSingingTheBlues

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:34 pm

GotMeSingingTheBlues wrote:Back four of manga Morrison Bamba Bennett, Jazz man marked the 27, Mendez played right, hoilett played left with ralls and Paterson centre midfield and Zohore up front.

That's pretty much how I seen it. Was weird though Ralls and patterson seemed further forward than usual. Jazz man marking and Manga was very narrow at times. Seemed all over the place but it worked.
2blue2handle

Postby paulh_85 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:35 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
GotMeSingingTheBlues wrote:Back four of manga Morrison Bamba Bennett, Jazz man marked the 27, Mendez played right, hoilett played left with ralls and Paterson centre midfield and Zohore up front.

That's pretty much how I seen it. Was weird though Ralls and patterson seemed further forward than usual. Jazz man marking and Manga was very narrow at times. Seemed all over the place but it worked.

Not too sure we would get away with that against better opposition though
paulh_85

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:37 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

No I don't think so. I'm not sure where Paterson was playing but he seemed to get involved. What most impressed me was we seemed so much quicker to the first and the second balls, last few games I've felt we haven't done that.
2blue2handle

Postby Stringfellow » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:51 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

No I don't think so. I'm not sure where Paterson was playing but he seemed to get involved. What most impressed me was we seemed so much quicker to the first and the second balls, last few games I've felt we haven't done that.

That wasn't formation it was hunger desire and energy which has been missing. The boys wanted it. :thumbup:
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:52 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Agree with this and think Neil Warnock confused Chris Coleman and his predictable 'Wales' formation (without the personnel to carry it out) :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Return to General Chat