A forum for all things Cardiff City

STATS V SUNDERLAND

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:09 pm

Cardiff City 4 - Sunderland 0 - Stats
Championship @ Cardiff City Stadium

Attendance: 17,703

Referee: Andrew Madley

Cardiff City 4 - 0 Sunderland
Paterson (46, 80), Ralls (55), Pilkington (90+4)

Game Statistics

Goal Attempts
21 - 3

On Target
9 - 0

Corners
8 - 1

Fouls
23 - 14

Yellow Cards
1 - 2

Red Cards
0 - 1

Possession
47% - 53%
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

STATS V SUNDERLAND

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: STATS V SUNDERLAND

Postby Pulisnewport » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:18 pm

Sven wrote:Cardiff City 4 - Sunderland 0 - Stats

Game Statistics

Goal Attempts
21 - 3

On Target
9 - 0

Corners
8 - 1

Fouls
23 - 14

Yellow Cards
1 - 2

Red Cards
0 - 1

Possession
47% - 53%

Chris, back to normal 2nd half excellent.

Mansfield/Sheff Wed next 2 up if we can play like that we should be ok in both!

Any news on Bogle? Injured or rested??
Pulisnewport

Postby Stringfellow » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:56 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:

Game Statistics

Goal Attempts
21 - 3

On Target
9 - 0

Corners
8 - 1

Fouls
23 - 14

Yellow Cards
1 - 2

Red Cards
0 - 1

Possession
47% - 53%

On his way out, I like bogle.
You have to go through the bad times to appreciate the good times!!!
Stringfellow

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:29 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:

Game Statistics

Goal Attempts
21 - 3

On Target
9 - 0

Corners
8 - 1

Fouls
23 - 14

Yellow Cards
1 - 2

Red Cards
0 - 1

Possession
47% - 53%

Karl, I saw signs in the first half but was concerned we'd huff and puff up front but thankfully whatever Neil Warnock said at half-time had an affect and once City went ahead (plus the sending off) I thought we did what we should have done in several games this season and made it a 'comfortable' victory!

The manager said he thought he saw signs of a return to for during training and I don't think anyone could be accused of 'lacking' or being off their game today. Of course, a win will always make things a little rosier but even against a poor Sunderland team, our players put in a team performance and Joe Ralls ran the show with great support from Paterson

Not too sure on Bogle but I think reports of him being 'shipped out' are a little wide of the mark, as I understand Neil Warnock rates him, thinks he is still improving and will make his mark at Cardiff City FC :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Pulisnewport » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:35 pm

Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Game Statistics

Goal Attempts
21 - 3

On Target
9 - 0

Corners
8 - 1

Fouls
23 - 14

Yellow Cards
1 - 2

Red Cards
0 - 1

Possession
47% - 53%

Karl, I saw signs in the first half but was concerned we'd huff and puff up front but thankfully whatever Neil Warnock said at half-time had an affect and once City went ahead (plus the sending off) I thought we did what we should have done in several games this season and made it a 'comfortable' victory!

The manager said he thought he saw signs of a return to for during training and I don't think anyone could be accused of 'lacking' or being off their game today. Of course, a win will always make things a little rosier but even against a poor Sunderland team, our players put in a team performance and Joe Ralls ran the show with great support from Paterson

Not too sure on Bogle but I think reports of him being 'shipped out' are a little wide of the mark, as I understand Neil Warnock rates him, thinks he is still improving and will make his mark at Cardiff City FC :thumbright:

Chris,

Enjoyed today sat by a fella in grandstand who has watched City since 1961, always a pleasure meeting City fans with history.

2nd goal was superb, just seems we searching for that ingredient when we scored like that early in season like confetti. Hopefully it will come back, must say I've got the buzz back and made my weekend.

Have a great one yourself.
Pulisnewport

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:38 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Sven wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

Game Statistics

Goal Attempts
21 - 3

On Target
9 - 0

Corners
8 - 1

Fouls
23 - 14

Yellow Cards
1 - 2

Red Cards
0 - 1

Possession
47% - 53%

Chris,

Enjoyed today sat by a fella in grandstand who has watched City since 1961, always a pleasure meeting City fans with history.

2nd goal was superb, just seems we searching for that ingredient when we scored like that early in season like confetti. Hopefully it will come back, must say I've got the buzz back and made my weekend.

Have a great one yourself.

You too, Karl and yes, I think we may have turned a corner today with a return to a 'team' performance :thumbright:

Always good to talk to a City veteran; they usually tell you how bad it really was at times in the 80's and 90's but that there was always a passion on the terraces :clap:
Sven

Postby thomasblue » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:02 pm

I thought the big difference between the first and second half was that we got the ball down, Passed the ball and got down the wings with low pacey passes instead of long hoofs to nobody like the first half.
Ot worked a treat especially for zahore as he finally had a chance to turn his man rather than just battle for headers which showed for ralls goal. Zahore was brilliant with tge ball at his feet running toward goal.
thomasblue

Postby JimmyJazz » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:19 am

thomasblue wrote:I thought the big difference between the first and second half was that we got the ball down, Passed the ball and got down the wings with low pacey passes instead of long hoofs to nobody like the first half.
Ot worked a treat especially for zahore as he finally had a chance to turn his man rather than just battle for headers which showed for ralls goal. Zahore was brilliant with tge ball at his feet running toward goal.

Have to agree - Zohore is best with the ball at his feet running towards the goal - pale shadow with his back to the goal.

:bluebird:
My father missed the cup final in 1927 as my grandad only had 2 tickets, and my Dad had an older brother!
JimmyJazz

Return to General Chat