Morrison our most important player

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Be Blue » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:24 pm

He might not stand out from game to game, and he has come under alot of flak from some, but I genuinely believe Morrison is our most important player. It's no coincidence that our terrible run of form came when he was out injured. Manga and Bamba as a centre back duo just didn't work as well as some had hoped, and we saw just how important morrisons captaincy is. We looked solid at the back today and before he was injured we had the best defence in the championship. It might be an unpopular opinion, but if we were to vote for player of the season right now, he would get my vote.
Be Blue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Morrison our most important player

Postby paulh_85 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:31 pm

We are a much stronger side with him in it for sure
paulh_85

Postby Sven » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:52 pm

I think a few people should be rethinking their previous criticisms of him by now! ;) :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Buchanan's Exocet » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:42 pm

Very pleased to see him back.
Him and Bamba in defence is the reason we have conceded so few goals this season.
Memories fade but the scars still linger!
Buchanan's Exocet

Postby CF23 Bluebird » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:52 pm

Sven wrote:I think a few people should be rethinking their previous criticisms of him by now! ;) :thumbright:

Definitely and don't forget how many goàls he chips in with
CF23 Bluebird

Postby NOTTSPLOTT » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:45 pm

Be Blue wrote:He might not stand out from game to game, and he has come under alot of flak from some, but I genuinely believe Morrison is our most important player. It's no coincidence that our terrible run of form came when he was out injured. Manga and Bamba as a centre back duo just didn't work as well as some had hoped, and we saw just how important morrisons captaincy is. We looked solid at the back today and before he was injured we had the best defence in the championship. It might be an unpopular opinion, but if we were to vote for player of the season right now, he would get my vote.
Totally agree, the team seems to play a lot better when he is playing.
NOTTSPLOTT

Postby fred keenor » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:11 am

was held blatantly by o shea for pattersons opening goal.
definately a penalty.
thought he was taking him for a dance lol
fred keenor

Postby Bluebird For Life » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:08 am

I wasn't a big fan initially, just like Mark Hudson really - nobody rated him either until he had a season or so with us and became the first name on the team sheet and captain dependable. Morrison has been highly rated by all the managers we have had since he signed and I like the way he showed his commitment to the club by signing a long term deal when Sheff Wed were sniffing around.
Bluebird For Life

Postby bluespeers » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:01 pm

Sven wrote:I think a few people should be rethinking their previous criticisms of him by now! ;) :thumbright:

Mark Hudson used to get the same criticism, but in reality they are the Backbone of our team, IMO one of our unsung heros just hope he stays fit :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
bluespeers

Postby 2blue2handle » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:06 pm

bluespeers wrote:

Mark Hudson used to get the same criticism, but in reality they are the Backbone of our team, IMO one of our unsung heros just hope he stays fit :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Poster the same thing the other day, the stick Hudson used to get was insane then he came good and an outcry he was leaving.
2blue2handle

Postby NyeBluebird » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:42 am

Almost like I've been saying Morrison > Manga for years!
NyeBluebird

Postby bluemun » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:29 am

It's about time he got recognition. Key player. O'Shea was pulling him every corner we had....couldn't handle him! The ref failed (or chose not)to spot it!
The comparison with Huds is apt.
bluemun

Return to General Chat